Votes: 52 18.9%
  • Ronaldo & Friends

Votes: 9 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
-I actually thought Griezmann may be better as a RW and Laca as the 9.

-Def Mendy at LB if fit

-I think that "African" midfield of Pogba, Matuidi and Kante is perfect. Box to box coverage but Pogba adds some creative flair. But I get your suggestion

-France really is too deep going forward

-True, Griezmann can play the 3 forward positions. However with France he only played LW or as a 2nd striker in a 4-4-2 diamond.

-Don't worry the midfield will be of African descent anyway (Tolisso: Togo, Fekir: Algeria). With the exception of Lemar who is Caribbean.

As the bro said earlier Pogba needs more freedom offensively, that's why he needs Kanté to do the dirty work (that's what Matic does for him in United). Matuidi and Pogba together didn't work that great in the Euro and in France the coach was heavily criticized for this (Kanté didn't even start the final, "Deschamps likes Matuidi too much"...)
I think you don't need Matuidi, you have enough pace with Kanté and Pogba. Also Matuidi is really average when it comes to technique skills and I want to see a flamboyant and impressive France. If they win they need to win with style like in 98-00, I don't want to see a German style victory (i.e. dominant but boring).

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
IN

B_8IBp.gif

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
-True, Griezmann can play the 3 forward positions. However with France he only played LW or as a 2nd striker in a 4-4-2 diamond.

-Don't worry the midfield will be of African descent anyway (Tolisso: Togo, Fekir: Algeria). With the exception of Lemar who is Caribbean.

As the bro said earlier Pogba needs more freedom offensively, that's why he needs Kanté to do the dirty work (that's what Matic does for him in United). Matuidi and Pogba together didn't work that great in the Euro and in France the coach was heavily criticized for this (Kanté didn't even start the final, "Deschamps likes Matuidi too much"...)
I think you don't need Matuidi, you have enough pace with Kanté and Pogba. Also Matuidi is really average when it comes to technique skills and I want to see a flamboyant and impressive France. If they win they need to win with style like in 98-00, I don't want to see a German style victory (i.e. dominant but boring).

If Matuidi gets scrapped then either Rabiot or Tolisso should get that call up in stead. I really think going foward Griezmann should stay right so he can cut in on the left. Let Lacazette take the 9 and Martial stay wide on the left.

Should be a good World Cup.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I say Germany wins but the France pool has i think the most talents. Don't know if they will be able to piece all together at this point. Argentina is pretty weak without Messi. Brazil i think will reach the semis at least but I don't think they will win. I think Jesus will be crucial for them, as Neymar will be targeted. Spain i think can also win. As far as teams that will surprise, i think one of the North African teams can go far

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I say Germany wins but the France pool has i think the most talents. Don't know if they will be able to piece all together at this point. Argentina is pretty weak without Messi. Brazil i think will reach the semis at least but I don't think they will win. I think Jesus will be crucial for them, as Neymar will be targeted. Spain i think can also win. As far as teams that will surprise, i think one of the North African teams can go far

talent =/= best team

that's why i'm not quite bullish on France yet.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Best non-playing in the World Cup XI

If you woulda gave me that team, I'd say you had a solid chance and going deep into the Cup. This isn't even counting de Vrij, Chiellini, Robben, Immobile, Ramsey...etc.