Votes: 9 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brazil is looking like a better team now than they have done since that Confed Cup in 2013. Usually teams that look good before the tournament do not always win. Germany is looking a bit jaded now kinda like Spain after their 3 tournament wins. I wasn't surprised they did not win the Euros. Spain has improved, i think they are finally getting over the older generation and with good coaching and players like Thiago, Isco, Asencio they may go far. France is good but Deschamps is knocking down their rating IMO, a different coach would probably have them as favorites. Deschamps could not settle on a midfield at all during the entire tournament and contributed to that loss. They need an actual leader on the pitch though, Zidane had that even on that stacked French team at Euro 2000.

calh45

Cal
Daps
The two nations where I've lived didn't make it (New Zealand and the US) :mjcry:

Trying to figure out what team to bandwagon

Belgium for me. They got talent enough to pull off a miracle. They're underdogs. They got plenty of black folks on the squad.

It doesn't seem right to bandwagon for one of the favorites or someone I know ain't got a chance to win.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking forward to waking up at 2am to watch Peru vs Saudi Arabia or Panama vs Iran :ohlawd:

I saw somewhere that England was considered one of the seven faves. We doing this again?:hubie:

A few things I want to see

Nigeria or Senegal knocking out Russia :mjpls:

An African team making the semis and frankly winning the WC.

No European team winning the WC

Brazil Smashing Germany(these two teams are destined to meet right?)

Mexico not making it out of the group stage :blessed:

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Belgium for me. They got talent enough to pull off a miracle. They're underdogs. They got plenty of black folks on the squad.

It doesn't seem right to bandwagon for one of the favorites or someone I know ain't got a chance to win.
Honestly I might support a team like Peru who haven't been in the cup for a minute

Cause you're right, I can't just support a favourite like France

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
They tried say the same thing when he came to England but he's been embarrassing English CBs for a year now :yeshrug:

Jesus is the truth

We'll see. He's being doing well as a fox in the box type poacher in the EPL so far. Escpecislly considering he's been fed by De Bruyne and Silva.

If Neymar and Countinho can match that service he should be good.

Light

Pro
Daps
player for player, nope. they come last compared to those 3. Germans aren't that insanely talented bruh. they're just a well oiled machine with very good players all over that balances the team

having the best players =/= best team. argentina is one of the most talented teams in the world, especially in terms of strikers, and yet they have no synergy. an offense consisting of the likes of dybala, di Maria, Messi, icardi, and higuain should be stomping teams.

I'd take a balanced team with experience, and a really good coach over damn near any team.

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Speaking of fukkery, I hope England and Russia are in the same group. Let's not forget all the shyt that happened at euros. I'm pretty sure English goons didn't and are heading to Russia just to fight.

English goons aren't going to do anything. I still remember the images of these fat bags of beer during the Euro getting destroyed by athletic Slavic warriors. If anything happen they'll be double fisted: 1 by the street and 2 by the Russian police (not sure which is worse).

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
My take on the best XIs for some of the more talked about teams for the upcoming World Cup.

Thoughts?

France

- Griezmann will start for sure, as a left winger.
- If healthy, Mendy will start over Kurzawa.
- The midfield has too much defensive players, I think Matuidi will be benched. It will be [Kanté+Pogba] + offensive midfielder [Tolisso or Lemar or Fekir]. You need a touch of creativity.
- The striker and right wing are the big question marks so far. Giroud or Lacazette? Mbappé could also be used as a striker. If Dembélé come back fit with Barça he will be the right winger.

So many offensive options for France, I wouldn't like to be the one making the final decision... and who knows, he may play Sissoko or Payet as starters :sadcam:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
- Griezmann will start for sure, as a left winger.
- If healthy, Mendy will start over Kurzawa.
- The midfield has too much defensive players, I think Matuidi will be benched. It will be [Kanté+Pogba] + offensive midfielder [Tolisso or Lemar or Fekir]. You need a touch of creativity.
- The striker and right wing are the big question marks so far. Giroud or Lacazette? Mbappé could also be used as a striker. If Dembélé come back fit with Barça he will be the right winger.

So many offensive options for France, I wouldn't like to be the one making the final decision... and who knows, he may play Sissoko or Payet as starters :sadcam:

-I actually thought Griezmann may be better as a RW and Laca as the 9.

-Def Mendy at LB if fit

-I think that "African" midfield of Pogba, Matuidi and Kante is perfect. Box to box coverage but Pogba adds some creative flair. But I get your suggestion

-France really is too deep going forward

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-I actually thought Griezmann may be better as a RW and Laca as the 9.

-Def Mendy at LB if fit

-I think that "African" midfield of Pogba, Matuidi and Kante is perfect. Box to box coverage but Pogba adds some creative flair. But I get your suggestion

-France really is too deep going forward
That midfield failed to click at the Euros. Matuidi and Kante are both box to box and Pogba is offensively minded. They need to get Rabiot to distribute so that Pogba has a higher starting position. The Juve set up with Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal worked well with him for that reason. I think their forward play has relied a lot on combinations and sometimes Giroud is there as sort of a player to hold up the ball with runners behind him. Pogba played well against England albeit in a friendly but i expect at a high level against Spain or Germany they may need further up the pitch.