Superstar
Bushed
Daps
All I see is facts :mjlol: :yeshrug:

What point where you trying to prove

Anytime they try and rush in on "they haven't watched it"

Just point them to this movie

640px-Birth_of_a_Nation_theatrical_poster.jpg

Because I bet you NONE of them have watched this, yet would call it a racist anti black movie .

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of y'all are in here acting like it can't be a good well-written story, with great acting and action, ...but also full of agenda and historical inaccuracies that make it problematic.

Exactly, OP basically said he can overlook the blatant inaccuracies because the cinematography is good and others are agreeing with him :snoop:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So reading through this thread most of y’all didn’t see the movie. Cool. Not uncommon for people to make assumptions or comments on something without knowing what they are talking about.

The historical inaccuracy talking point. Yes the Dahomeys were part of the slave trade. Did the movie take liberties about them wanting to be out? Yes. But this is where y’all draw the line? A lot of people will run and sit down every Sunday to watch game of thrones and house of the dragon fat dumb and happy while the fans of those shows will vocally express how they don’t want to see your people in it. Yeah and I know the argument will be that’s fantasy. If you watched the film, the characters address the very controversy that was being levied at the movie in the first place. It’s a plot line of the movie. Sure it wasn’t historically accurate but in the film the main character is discussing how it was wrong for them to participate in the slave trade and is vindicated at the end. So if you can enjoy watching other stuff that’s fantasy and disbelief why can’t you do that here. The writers made it clear that what was being done was effed up so they had the movie address that. Isn’t that what you would have want to have happened? In the movie they make it right. It didn’t happen that way in real life but movies are made to be hopeful and inspire. They’ve always been that way. Black movies now have a new metric that they have to be documentaries or historically accurate to get our support now?

It’s sad to see the opinions in here. This movie was rich in story, characters and beautifully shot. It’s one of the best films we have with a majority black cast and it’s disgusting to watch many of you tear down something you didn’t even see. Some of y’all don’t realize that perfection is the enemy of the good. Even when something is done that could move the needle for us you rip it apart because it isn’t your ideal version of it.

It’s weird some of y’all are like how did they treat black men. The movie didn’t even focus heavily on that. The men on the Dahomey’s side followed commands. The movie wasn’t on no black men or woman kind of time. But y’all draw your own narratives and place your own insecurities and opinions on something you didn’t even check. None are y’all when you watch movies are asking how black women are portrayed before you watch most of the trash that’s out there.

I laugh because right when the movie started I realized you have to teach some black people about other black people through entertainment because they wouldn’t go seeking that information otherwise.

A movie well acted, great fights and a different story that we don’t normally get and y’all don’t even support. This movie is the black equivalent to a Troy and instead of standing by it so we can get more stories told about us y’all do this. Y’all put a purity test on one movie that you wouldn’t do for most other media you consume.
"The white man made us a GOOD movie and y'all can't even be APPRECIATIVE"

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
can't wait to so see it.

cinematography does look incredible

this movie isn't meant to be a true story or biopic. this is considered a thriller or action movie.

it is sitting at 95 on rotten tomatoes. I hope it means it has a complex plot and not just a basic plot and there are twist and turns with realistic dialogues

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Did they show when they were selling black people to the white man

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's interesting that y'all use Game Of Thrones as a go to comparison like it's not a complete work of fiction. The Starks and Targaryens didnt exist in any capacity. The Dahomey EXISTED and are being painted as heroes in spite of their atrocities. It's amazing that y'all can't see why we have a problem with this

This is white washing with a coating of black paint. It's a brilliant chess move I can't even deny it after seeing the way y'all are eating it up. Now that they see they can use a horrible truth to tell a pretty lie I can only imagine what's next

Whichever poster made the point that an American studio wouldn't dare make a revolutionary war movie where the Brits are painted as heroes was spot on. I couldn't imagine a Japanese movie that would produce a statement like "Yea the rape of Nanking was bad but the movie acknowledges it" while the movies serves the image of Chinese heroes

And y'all can stop with the "Y'all won't even support an all black cast" bullshyt when I know y'all ain't seen every Tyler Perry movie:mjlol: "BUT ITS ALL BLACK THO" ain't a magic button to black acceptance

This bytch just pulled a MASTERFUL finesse. I can't even be mad
MV5BNTZiYWZjMTEtZWY5MC00OGI3LWIyY2YtZDIzMDg4ODcxNjQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAxMDM3Mzcz._V1_.jpg

Pen is mightier than the pistol:wow: