The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
tried playing this again yesterday but the movement system made me turn it off after 10 minutes

:hhh:

I just can't enjoy this game. I need to have massive weapon/build variety and the ability to create characters :francis:. I don't have the patience for these narrative driven games anymore

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Madman Lugos joins the party :mjlol:

mfmNVR1.png

Fred.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

UPDATE 9PM BST:
CD Projekt Red has since downplayed the "few days" proximity to me. "PS4 Pro and Xbox One X: both technical updates are coming," senior PR manager Radek Adam Grabowski told me. "More details about them, including the exact moment when they will be released, are something we are going to announce when the right time comes." Will it be "just a few days", then, or significantly longer?

As to the '100 people working on Witcher' intrigue, Grabowski clarified that the comment, as expected, referred to the number of people working on Gwent.

ORIGINAL STORY 6PM BST: CD Projekt has said a PlayStation 4 Pro update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be available in "just a few days".

"We've prepared a 4K version which will be available on PlayStation Pro in just a few days and by the end of the year it will be available on Xbox One X," said CD Projekt president Adam Kicinski. He was fronting CD Projekt's half-year 2017 presentation, which is available to watch online. No more information about the 4K update was given.

CD Projekt Red confirmed PS4 Pro and Xbox One X updates for The Witcher 3 during E3 this summer. The company did so after a logo for The Witcher 3 appeared on an "Xbox One X Enhanced" slide in Microsoft's Xbox E3 presentation.

This raised a few eyebrows as, the autumn before, CD Projekt Red had said it would not update The Witcher 3 for PS4 Pro.

Today's presentation follows CD Projekt's half-year 2017 financial results posted yesterday (handily translated and deciphered on NeoGAF). These reinforced the picture of a prospering company and also revealed 700 people now work there: 550 at CD Projekt Red and 150 at GOG. And there are plans to grow to 800.

On the topic of head counts, chief financial officer Piotr Nielubowicz said there were, today, 300 people working on Cyberpunk 2077 and 100 on "The Witcher", by which I think he means Gwent but I'm not sure. I'm checking with CD Projekt Red (see the update above).

Nothing else of note was said about Cyberpunk, beyond the old 'we'll unveil it when we're ready' mantra we've heard many times before. However, if you're itching to find out more, I spoke to Cyberpunk pen-and-paper creator Mike Pondsmith earlier this year, who's heavily involved making Cyberpunk 2077. It's a long read so pop the slippers on and settle down with a nice cup of cocoa.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

UPDATE 9PM BST:
CD Projekt Red has since downplayed the "few days" proximity to me. "PS4 Pro and Xbox One X: both technical updates are coming," senior PR manager Radek Adam Grabowski told me. "More details about them, including the exact moment when they will be released, are something we are going to announce when the right time comes." Will it be "just a few days", then, or significantly longer?

As to the '100 people working on Witcher' intrigue, Grabowski clarified that the comment, as expected, referred to the number of people working on Gwent.

ORIGINAL STORY 6PM BST: CD Projekt has said a PlayStation 4 Pro update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be available in "just a few days".

"We've prepared a 4K version which will be available on PlayStation Pro in just a few days and by the end of the year it will be available on Xbox One X," said CD Projekt president Adam Kicinski. He was fronting CD Projekt's half-year 2017 presentation, which is available to watch online. No more information about the 4K update was given.

CD Projekt Red confirmed PS4 Pro and Xbox One X updates for The Witcher 3 during E3 this summer. The company did so after a logo for The Witcher 3 appeared on an "Xbox One X Enhanced" slide in Microsoft's Xbox E3 presentation.

This raised a few eyebrows as, the autumn before, CD Projekt Red had said it would not update The Witcher 3 for PS4 Pro.

Today's presentation follows CD Projekt's half-year 2017 financial results posted yesterday (handily translated and deciphered on NeoGAF). These reinforced the picture of a prospering company and also revealed 700 people now work there: 550 at CD Projekt Red and 150 at GOG. And there are plans to grow to 800.

On the topic of head counts, chief financial officer Piotr Nielubowicz said there were, today, 300 people working on Cyberpunk 2077 and 100 on "The Witcher", by which I think he means Gwent but I'm not sure. I'm checking with CD Projekt Red (see the update above).

Nothing else of note was said about Cyberpunk, beyond the old 'we'll unveil it when we're ready' mantra we've heard many times before. However, if you're itching to find out more, I spoke to Cyberpunk pen-and-paper creator Mike Pondsmith earlier this year, who's heavily involved making Cyberpunk 2077. It's a long read so pop the slippers on and settle down with a nice cup of cocoa.

This confirms the Xbox one X version shyts on the PsPro version :blessed:

If it was the same, they'd say that.
If one is inferior, they'd tell you that when?
The answer is never. But, they do drop clues if you read between the lines. So let's do that..
More details about them, including the exact moment when they will be released, are something we are going to announce when the right time comes." Will it be "just a few days", then, or significantly longer?
That's Spanish for checkerboarding :manny:
They already confirmed a long time ago the Xbox1X version is native 4k and 60fps with enhancements that a 4flop system just isn't capable of.

You'll make the jump, know that witcher 3 complete edition is often on sale for $25 on Xbox live so cop that along with your XB1X :handshake:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This confirms the Xbox one X version shyts on the PsPro version :blessed:

If it was the same, they'd say that.
If one is inferior, they'd tell you that when?
The answer is never. But, they do drop clues if you read between the lines. So let's do that..

That's Spanish for checkerboarding :manny:
They already confirmed a long time ago the Xbox1X version is native 4k and 60fps with enhancements that a 4flop system just isn't capable of.

You'll make the jump, know that witcher 3 complete edition is often on sale for $25 on Xbox live so cop that along with your XB1X :handshake:
U arent coppin either way so wtf u happy about

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i just copped this game on amazon prime used for 20 bucks. is this better than horizon zero dawn or similar?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just copped this game on amazon prime used for 20 bucks. is this better than horizon zero dawn or similar?

I love both.

The Witcher 3 is def in my top 5, Horizon Zero Dawn is one of my favorite game it's def in my top 10.

Horizon has move varied and interesting combat, there are plenty of different fighting tactics, stealth is an option. The world is beautiful, vast and very interesting especially if you’re into post-apocalypse and “lost civilization” vibes. Better graphic and better gameplay

Witcher has VASTLY more superior story and characters, with a lot of meaningful decisions and replayability. Combat is focused more on the preparation, and while challenging and fun. Also worthy of note – The game touches, in a very adult way, on a lot of very heavy subjects – war, death, rape, hunger, poverty ect. Expect to experience a dark world where sometimes there is no good solution, only lesser evils. For me it’s a big plus, as it is really compelling and refreshing, but if you’re sensitive to such subjects, consider it.

I’d vote for Witcher as overall better game.