The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How you finally beat him?

:ohhh:@hexagram23 is that true? :lupe:

:stopitslime: This n!gga Caretaker is smart mfer cause I led him around back behind the house like you said he can't spawn the corpses when I putting him in work and thought it works but all of the sudden this mfer Caretaker walks back to where the corpses at so he can heal himself.

this is getting frustrating breh......
angry-bang.gif

Yeah....that's how I beat him. He never made any attempt to move back to the front. I didn't just have him follow me though, whenever he'd do that lunge move I'd roll/jump farther and farther away, so he'd keep following directly after the attack.

What level are you and what sword are you using? The only thing I can think of is you aren't killing him fast enough to keep him from running back to the front. I had the Mastercrafted Ursine Silver Sword and I was around level 36, on Death March.

Worse case scenario just fight him up front but try to kill the ghosts he summons ASAP. You should be able to kill them in one hit....no ghosts = he can't heal even with them.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just fukking around in Velen testing my gpu temps, and I still come across hidden caves and yellow question marks :wow:

Over 150 hours in and I'm still finding new shyt :wow:

I have zero ? on any map and every side quest except the Gwent ones done. Maybe at some point I'll do the Gwent ones but I'm pretty :ld: about it.

Even so, I still found a quest last night just randomly roaming around in Skellige. I'm :dead: at dude earlier in the thread that said he beat the game in 30 hours or whatever it was, then complained there wasn't enough content. If you beat the game in 30 hours you ain't really seen shyt.

Fred.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I have zero ? on any map and every side quest except the Gwent ones done. Maybe at some point I'll do the Gwent ones but I'm pretty :ld: about it.

Even so, I still found a quest last night just randomly roaming around in Skellige. I'm :dead: at dude earlier in the thread that said he beat the game in 30 hours or whatever it was, then complained there wasn't enough content. If you beat the game in 30 hours you ain't really seen shyt.

Fred.
Yeah, I have no question marks either. I was just riding around and got some random yellow side quests and stumbled across unmarked caves and markers. This game is so big :wow:

:dead: at 30 hours. That's barely touching the surface...

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Just copped this on Gamefly to try it out. This is the very first Witcher game I'm playing.

Any tips for a new player? I don't want to miss a key item and then be screwed later in the game.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just copped this on Gamefly to try it out. This is the very first Witcher game I'm playing.

Any tips for a new player? I don't want to miss a key item and then be screwed later in the game.

If you don't have much free time mostly focus on the main story arc. Because the game is fukking huge.

Having said that, do any side quests that have to do with politics, or your friends. Both tie into the main story in various ways.

When you make a choice, be careful. You remember the last part of "Mass Effect 2"? The entire game is like that. The game gets really fukking dark if you make a bad decision.

There is gear (armor, weapons) all over the place, but focus on getting Witcher gear ASAP. It's the best in the game and you can find it via quests (Wolf School, Bear School, etc.).

That's all I can think of for now, if you have any specific questions before or during your game, let me know.

Fred.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
If you don't have much free time mostly focus on the main story arc. Because the game is fukking huge.

Having said that, do any side quests that have to do with politics, or your friends. Both tie into the main story in various ways.

When you make a choice, be careful. You remember the last part of "Mass Effect 2"? The entire game is like that. The game gets really fukking dark if you make a bad decision.

There is gear (armor, weapons) all over the place, but focus on getting Witcher gear ASAP. It's the best in the game and you can find it via quests (Wolf School, Bear School, etc.).

That's all I can think of for now, if you have any specific questions before or during your game, let me know.

Fred.

Sweet...thanks for the tips. I'm short on free time but I can stretch this out since the only game I'm playing is Destiny right now.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Someone translated the speech Gaunter O'Dimm gave at the end of the DLC, if you banish him:

You are primitive. You think you've defeated me but you are wrong. I can't be killed, I will be back.

:lupe:

Fred.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, after you do the auction house part of the quest, is the brother available as a merchant? If so, where is he? I can't find him.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also is there anything useful I can do with all of these monster heads? They are clogging up my inventory. Can I sell them anywhere for good money?