The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Why in the world does this game not allow you to categorize your items/accessories tho? You acquire way too many to not have this option. I hate that some of my potions and bombs are lodged between a shyt load of books, documents and other items.
That and small text makes item use/organization an unnecessary pain.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This game is something else brehs...

If you smashed both Yen and Triss...

So I got asked to go to Yen room and immediately I see her and Triss in some Victoria's secret chit...I'm Iike :blessed: threesome ...so they strip me down and chained me up to the bed started making out, drank a little whine and then stopped...Geralt like can I get some and they said nah cuz you a hoe and walked out...:francis:

After all I did for these bytches they disrespect me like this...

I'm surprised Keira ain't say shyt to Yen cuz I beat that p*ssy good to...:lolbron:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That and small text makes item use/organization an unnecessary pain.

And the thing is, considering that your on-hand items are so slim with only two options of potions and two options of bombs available at a time, yet the game being open world, having all sorts of different monsters/enemies to fight at any giving time, it makes going to the menu more often that you probably would in some other games and just makes it all the more tedious. Especially considering their button response delay time exists in all parts of the game, as in it also is a few milli-seconds or so of a delay between scrolling thru each item. I'm really surprised nearly none of the reviews mentioned these things. I mean the game is undeniably great, but that just makes these lil oversights stick out all the moreso. shyt is quite tedious.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
And the thing is, considering that your on-hand items are so slim with only two options of potions and two options of bombs available at a time, yet the game being open world, having all sorts of different monsters/enemies to fight at any giving time, it makes going to the menu more often that you probably would in some other games and just makes it all the more tedious. Especially considering their button response delay time exists in all parts of the game, as in it also is a few milli-seconds or so of a delay between scrolling thru each item. I'm really surprised nearly none of the reviews mentioned these things. I mean the game is undeniably great, but that just makes these lil oversights stick out all the moreso. shyt is quite tedious.
A lot of things were overlooked in reviews for no reason at all. I agree. The game is fun. But the combat is sloppy, the overall controls are sloppy, item management is terrible, text is tiny, load times are horrendous (I timed load times last night up to 75 seconds), fast travel is sparse, the investigative missions get boring VERY quick, mission variety overall has been weak. In my time playing the game, I'd give it an 8 out of 10 at most. It's saving grace to me is that with all of its flaws, its still a very fun game to me. I feel like the graphics were overhyped too. The camera was scaled back a bit during combat from what we say in initial previews and it doesn't make it look as intense as it did in the trailers. While I'm at it, I find the enemy AI to be incredibly dumb quite often. Some boss fights I was able to win by attacking twice, and jumping back a step over and over. No real challenge at all in some cases.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Does anyone do the side missions in each area then ? marks then finish the main missions before leaving? I did that with White Orchard. Seems like it makes the game easier instead of just rushing through the story missions

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nice breh let me know how u like it

I didn't know what quest that was but it was one of the first I did. I was talking about it earlier in the thread. And yeah, it was great.

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Does anyone do the side missions in each area then ? marks then finish the main missions before leaving? I did that with White Orchard. Seems like it makes the game easier instead of just rushing through the story missions
you can't really do that in later areas, because there's so much stuff and some of it recommends you be a pretty high level

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
A lot of things were overlooked in reviews for no reason at all. I agree. The game is fun. But the combat is sloppy, the overall controls are sloppy, item management is terrible, text is tiny, load times are horrendous (I timed load times last night up to 75 seconds), fast travel is sparse, the investigative missions get boring VERY quick, mission variety overall has been weak. In my time playing the game, I'd give it an 8 out of 10 at most. It's saving grace to me is that with all of its flaws, its still a very fun game to me. I feel like the graphics were overhyped too. The camera was scaled back a bit during combat from what we say in initial previews and it doesn't make it look as intense as it did in the trailers. While I'm at it, I find the enemy AI to be incredibly dumb quite often. Some boss fights I was able to win by attacking twice, and jumping back a step over and over. No real challenge at all in some cases.

I don't agree with all of your sentiments, but I do with the bolded. I think the mission variety is about as varied or slightly moreso varied than most open-world games actually. I don't really see how you figure fast travel is sparse at all tho. Only hindrance to investigative missions to me and the mechanic in general is the sorta warped look it gives and that unless you're holding the button, things glowing in the area only last for like 3 seconds. I give the game about an 8.5-9/10, but I do want these complaints fixed. I also don't like the camera being scaled back some as well, as I somewhat agree with your reasons about that.

What difficulty are you playing the game at?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
load times are horrendous, the investigative missions get boring VERY quick, fast travel is sparse, mission variety overall has been weak. I feel like the graphics were overhyped too.

Eh....I agree with most of what you're saying except these things.

Load times aren't bad on PC, at all. And the graphics are incredible. Not sure what you're playing on though.

Gotta disagree about the investigative missions being boring too. The succubus plot isn't like the werewolf plot isn't like the "Save The Princess" plot. Now, if you're saying they use the same game play mechanic "go into Witcher mode and look around"....well, nobody held that against the "Arkham" games, either.

Fast travel is all over the place man, you just have to find them. There's a fukk ton of fast travel spots that aren't marked on the map, or in heavily populated areas. If you open the map and see anything sticking out....a hut, a tower, a windmill, a circle of rocks....it's a fast travel spot you need to find.

Fred.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
you can't really do that in later areas, because there's so much stuff and some of it recommends you be a pretty high level

Yeah, it does seem that you kinda have to do a mixture of both to be levelled properly for later stuff.

I must say, the manner of how fleshed out the side-quests are in this game, both in execution, length, character development, variety and overall story enrichment, is nothing short of stellar. It's amazing how so much optional stuff can be this pulpy.:ahh::obama: