The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think they were trolling the industry with that free DLC thing. All that shyt was clearly built as a part of the main game. I feel they were having one big laugh at the practice of charging to unlock armor and hairstyles.

Considering a bulk of the game was glitchy and/or unfinished, that "free" "DLC" probably was indeed just that, part of the main game.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Considering a bulk of the game was glitchy and/or unfinished, that "free" "DLC" probably was indeed just that, part of the main game.

You talking about "The Witcher 3"?

If so I had it day 1 on PC and didn't run into any serious glitches at any point in the game. I think one time a cut scene glitched out. I can't speak on the console ports though.

Fred.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You talking about "The Witcher 3"?

If so I had it day 1 on PC and didn't run into any serious glitches at any point in the game. I think one time a cut scene glitched out. I can't speak on the console ports though.

Fred.

Man, there were so many rampant issues with that game months after release that there were various thread updates regarding all the fixes implemented. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but it had hella problems, lol.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man, there were so many rampant issues with that game months after release that there were various thread updates regarding all the fixes implemented. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but it had hella problems, lol.

Maybe I got lucky then. Were you playing on PC or console?

The only that that seriously glitched out for me was during the werewolf quest (the one where the guy kills his wife due to her sister) the cut scene played over itself. Like there was two character models on top of each other. It was weird as fukk. I had to exit the game because it made combat impossible, I couldn't tell what to hit.

Aside from that in 200ish hours of game play there wasn't anything serious.

Fred.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe I got lucky then. Were you playing on PC or console?

The only that that seriously glitched out for me was during the werewolf quest (the one where the guy kills his wife due to her sister) the cut scene played over itself. Like there was two character models on top of each other. It was weird as fukk. I had to exit the game because it made combat impossible, I couldn't tell what to hit.

Aside from that in 200ish hours of game play there wasn't anything serious.

Fred.

I never personally encountered any outright game breaking glitches (well, there was one glitch that had me have to restart after getting stuck somehow, tho nothing that wouldn't allow me to ever continue pass any point or continuous break the game), but among all the patches, there were several various mentions of glitches that would consistently break the game that would have folks outright stuck or some shyt.

Yeah, most of the issues weren't outright serious on there, just aggravating annoyances, especially when stacked upon each other. To their credit they fixed a lot of them and I give some lenience for the open-world genre being a haven for issues inherently due to the scale of the games, but I definitely saw and heard about more for this than any other open-world game. I play on PS4.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I never personally encountered any outright game breaking glitches (well, there was one glitch that had me have to restart after getting stuck somehow, tho nothing that wouldn't allow me to ever continue pass any point or continuous break the game), but among all the patches, there were several various mentions of glitches that would consistently break the game that would have folks outright stuck or some shyt.

Yeah, most of the issues weren't outright serious on there, just aggravating annoyances, especially when stacked upon each other. To their credit they fixed a lot of them and I give some lenience for the open-world genre being a haven for issues inherently due to the scale of the games, but I definitely saw and heard about more for this than any other open-world game. I play on PS4.

Actually now that you mention it there was another game breaking glitch in the Morkvarg quest. You were supposed to examine a hole in the ground then jump down, but another quest in the same area was earlier in the game. If you jumped down the hole prior to the Morkvarg quest it would break that quest. By the time I got to that part of the game it was patched though so I was fine.

Now that I think of it, Morkvarg was a werewolf too. Maybe there's a werewolf theme with the glitches.
Crazy%20Jb_zpsk9swtitn.png

Fred.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I never played Skyrim, so I can't comment on it. I only grazed the surface of FO: NV and decided that the FO games are not for me after it being my 2nd trial run of them.
so your claim about The Witcher 3 being buggier than other open world games is based on ignorance :francis:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think anything they're giving away free is better than "Hearts Of Stone" or (most likely) this though. And CD Projekt RED gave a gang of DLC away free, too.

Fred.
For multiplayer games, free maps and characters is on par because it keeps the game going by not splitting up the player base. It's why more and more shooters are going to this Free DLC model

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So me not playing two, sole bum ass games makes my claim that of ignorance?:upsetfavre: Especially when I stated among the games that I have played.:francis: Yeah...shut up.:ufdup:
where did you state "among the games that I have played"?

for that matter, you said you didn't personally encounter any serious issues in The Witcher 3, but just heard about them via the internet and/or patch notes

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps