The Wire

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
3rd season is my favorite.

But i I really liked season 2, i feel like thecoli automatically gives it a bad wrap, because it seems like focal point is on cacs, but the real take away for me was seeing how everyone does dirt, and how drugs get moved into the country in large / mass quantity.
I gained an appreciation for season 2 on my 2nd watch. I can understand why people don't like it. It's a huge shift from what you see in season 1. It was confusing for me on the 1st watch.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know how i missed the fact that String set avon up to get booked In the warehouse wit the guns

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Season 2 almost killed it for me, but every forum I've read said the same thing, just push through 2 and the rest is smooth sailing.
Damn my boy was telling me the same thing. I'm on Season 2 ep 4 rn and this shyt is a task to watch not gonna lie but we'll see.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I finished Season 4 recently. And the last episode is some sad but real shyt. Haunting episode.
  • Bubs tries to hang himself because he accidentally killed Sherrod.
  • The guy from the rehab center goes to see him and Bubs let's out this whale of a cry. Shyt was painful to hear.
  • Carver spends the entire ep trying to get Randy a new foster parent, is unsuccessful, Randy tells him, "It's OK you tried." Enters new group home, reputation proceeds him and he is fighting everyone.
  • Mike turns into a straight killer. Shooting some random dude in the head.
  • Bodie gets killed after being seen with McNulty.
  • Dookie gets Mr. P a pen for his desk to express how much he loves and needs the guy. Then drops out of school and starts selling drugs for Mike.
  • Colvin sets up asking for custody of Naimon. Weebay gives it to him and then threatens his babymoms life to carry out his wishes.
  • The only positives are: Daniels and McNulty see eye to eye on police work now and tease each other about their past disagreements and after Naimon moves in with Colvin he sees Donut in a stolen car who still says 'what's up?' Even tho Naimon left the hood.
It was great but also just very sobering. Wire in a nutshell I guess.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I finished Season 4 recently. And the last episode is some sad but real shyt. Haunting episode.
  • Bubs tries to hang himself because he accidentally killed Sherrod.
  • The guy from the rehab center goes to see him and Bubs let's out this whale of a cry. Shyt was painful to hear.
  • Carver spends the entire ep trying to get Randy a new foster parent, is unsuccessful, Randy tells him, "It's OK you tried." Enters new group home, reputation proceeds him and he is fighting everyone.
  • Mike turns into a straight killer. Shooting some random dude in the head.
  • Bodie gets killed after being seen with McNulty.
  • Dookie gets Mr. P a pen for his desk to express how much he loves and needs the guy. Then drops out of school and starts selling drugs for Mike.
  • Colvin sets up asking for custody of Naimon. Weebay gives it to him and then threatens his babymoms life to carry out his wishes.
  • The only positives are: Daniels and McNulty see eye to eye on police work now and tease each other about their past disagreements and after Naimon moves in with Colvin he sees Donut in a stolen car who still says 'what's up?' Even tho Naimon left the hood.
It was great but also just very sobering. Wire in a nutshell I guess.

Season 4 is the best season of TV drama I’ve ever seen. It’s amazing when you think about what happened at the end of season 3, one of the most important characters is killed, another gets locked up and isn’t in season 4, and the character who is probably the closest to a lead (McNulty) only has a small role in season 4. And IMO, the show got even better.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Season 4 is the best season of TV drama I’ve ever seen. It’s amazing when you think about what happened at the end of season 3, one of the most important characters is killed, another gets locked up and isn’t in season 4, and the character who is probably the closest to a lead (McNulty) only has a small role in season 4. And IMO, the show got even better.
They gave McNulty a little arc at the end by him flipping Bodie, getting him killed and going back to serious police work cause he feels he owes Bodie but yeah the first like 10 eps he's barely in it.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I’m not gonna bash anyone who don’t like season 2 but to me it has the same quality as all the other seasons and the most important thing is it sets up where all the illegal activities come in from Baltimore ie the ports. And it’s control by this lonely old man who people think is Greek and he ain’t even Greek!

Plus remember at the end of season 1, the barksdale case was pretty much done and they were in jail so there needed to be a story while they were serving their sentences.

Anyways the wire is one of those shows that people use to be cultured or intelligent but it really deserves its merits as a pinnacle of TV. Too bad most of y’all didn’t think so when it was broadcast because it was losing ratings and almost cancelled. But anyways Ima re-watch during this lockdown

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Love Season 2...gave the scope a more global feel. Hard for me to choose a fav season but I'd say 1=3>2>4>>>>>>5 but that changes almost every time I watch.

Edit: I should mention that on the first viewing I didn't really like S2 b/c it was such a change up from S1 but on re-watches it became one of my favs.