R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
if you call writing out the majority of your black cast good writing. :mjpls:
No..it proved Doakes was the smartest cop in the entire series..he figured out Dexter was twisted in Season 1...found the proof in Season 2....it was easy fetti.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I'm trying to watch it but only on episode 3. My problem is that I'm either surfing the net or doing other things I feel like I keep missing important things. The wire just seems like a show that needs my full attention.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not gonna bash anyone who don’t like season 2 but to me it has the same quality as all the other seasons and the most important thing is it sets up where all the illegal activities come in from Baltimore ie the ports. And it’s control by this lonely old man who people think is Greek and he ain’t even Greek!

Plus remember at the end of season 1, the barksdale case was pretty much done and they were in jail so there needed to be a story while they were serving their sentences.

Anyways the wire is one of those shows that people use to be cultured or intelligent but it really deserves its merits as a pinnacle of TV. Too bad most of y’all didn’t think so when it was broadcast because it was losing ratings and almost cancelled. But anyways Ima re-watch during this lockdown

Season 2 is better than the last szn :hubie: I hated it the first time through just because they went away from the Barksdales

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'm trying to watch it but only on episode 3. My problem is that I'm either surfing the net or doing other things I feel like I keep missing important things. The wire just seems like a show that needs my full attention.

The Wire isn’t the type of show you can watch like that...really no premier series should be watched while distracted, but especially The Wire with its unparalleled attention to detail

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Also I don’t understand where this idea that D’Angelo was a good dude in the wrong line of work
Did people forget the first episode where he was acquitted after killing a man because he couldn’t take an ass whooping:gucci:
He never showed an ounce of remorse or regret for that
Even afterwards he was ready to abandon his son with no hesitation when he got jammed up
Dude was a half assed moralist

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Also I don’t understand where this idea that D’Angelo was a good dude in the wrong line of work
Did people forget the first episode where he was acquitted after killing a man because he couldn’t take an ass whooping:gucci:
Even afterwards he was ready to abandon his son with no hesitation when he got jammed up

After the acquittal, David Simon hinted to the viewer who was the "chicken" and who was about that street "Beef"

9CVnJl0qisfakiy1YyZ_5ib-U67kMx_8ZAJiPI9GS3A.png

:banderas:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He also took credit for a Weebay murder for no other reason than to look tough. He was a confused negro.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Rewatching Season 2 right now. Seeing Omar testify against Bird...thinking about how the writers made Omar a homo and a snitch, 2 things that are not respected in the streets. Also through different convos, I hear a lot of non-street folks and non-blacks cite Omar as a favorite character.

It’s as if people find it to be an entertaining narrative of “hey y’all. look at these so called tough guys getting punked by a gay snitch.” Maybe I’m thinking too deep but in hindsight it feels like an attack on Black masculinity :patrice:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Rewatching Season 2 right now. Seeing Omar testify against Bird...thinking about how the writers made Omar a homo and a snitch, 2 things that are not respected in the streets. Also through different convos, I hear a lot of non-street folks and non-blacks cite Omar as a favorite character.

It’s as if people find it to be an entertaining narrative of “hey y’all. look at these so called tough guys getting punked by a gay snitch.” Maybe I’m thinking too deep but in hindsight it feels like an attack on Black masculinity :patrice:

They intentionally made his character gay because he was the only character not beholden & was nonconforming to any institution. He was a wildcard. His gayness & morality was symbolic of what his character represented within the narrative of the Wire.

Had nothing to do with Hollywood's typical agenda against black masculinity.

• Dap
Reactions: ECA

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
They intentionally made his character gay because he was the only character not beholden & was nonconforming to any institution. He was a wildcard. His gayness & morality was symbolic of what his character represented within the narrative of the Wire.

Had nothing to do with Hollywood's typical agenda against black masculinity.

And he was inspired by 5 real people who did dirt in real life.