The Wire The Greatest TV Series Ever

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The Wire has too many flaws.
The fact most people throw season 2 in the bushes.
The fact that season 5 exists :scusthov:

Then there's the holes in the writing/plot. Kind of lazy to have the top muscle from the main crews (season 1, barksdale, season 2, the greek, season 5, stanfield) all get life with no parole for multiple murders without even trying to go to trial.

The Corner > The Wire.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished season 1 :whew: almost thought I wasn't gonna continue after the first episode cuz I haven't gotten thru a whole tv series since breaking bad. This shyt was good tho

If you're familiar with my post history I'm probably the biggest "Breaking Bad" fan on the site....and I like "The Wire" just as much. You're in for a treat.

Fred.

DTR90

Rookie
Daps
I started watching The Wire to replace the Breaking Bad hole in my life, and what a decision I made.

Breaking Bad was fantastic, and those last few episodes still haunt me. But Breaking Bad sort of says to you "hey, look at this scene, isn't this really shocking? And uncomfortable? Listen to the tense music that's playing!" Whereas The Wire lets you feel things for yourself. Breaking Bad feels like a film, The Wire feels like a documentary.

I've always felt that The Wire and Game Of Thrones have a lot more in common than people realise. Both grand scale shows with many different storylines going on, about two worlds where being ruthless is essential to survival, and where people can't afford to be gentle and compassionate. Everyone has an endgame, but they all suffer the consequences of the restrictions.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The Wire has too many flaws.
The fact most people throw season 2 in the bushes.
The fact that season 5 exists :scusthov:

Then there's the holes in the writing/plot. Kind of lazy to have the top muscle from the main crews (season 1, barksdale, season 2, the greek, season 5, stanfield) all get life with no parole for multiple murders without even trying to go to trial.

The Corner > The Wire.
They admitted to the murders and took deals

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
The hate for season 5 of the Wire is the most ridiculous hysteria in television history. There was not a single weak part of that season at all. The media storyline and the fake serial killer thing is something that many people think the LAPD did with the Zodiac Killer to gain publicity; so like all the other seasons, Simon was showing the lengths of corruption that law enforcement will go to save their jobs and money from a ruthless government financial mess. It was excellent.
:ohhh: i didnt even realize that
:blessed:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: i didnt even realize that
:blessed:

Eh....I hate to be "that guy" but the "LAPD faked the Zodiac killings" isn't some widely accepted idea, and as far as I know David Simon never said he got the idea for season 5 from that.
Even saying he did, it's still very :what: to take an extremely fringe conspiracy theory and base the 5th season of what is meant to be a realistic show around it. "Dexter" maybe...."The Wire", no.

Hate to be overly critical but I wasn't a fan of season 5, at all. :manny:

Fred.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Eh....I hate to be "that guy" but the "LAPD faked the Zodiac killings" isn't some widely accepted idea, and as far as I know David Simon never said he got the idea for season 5 from that.
Even saying he did, it's still very :what: to take an extremely fringe conspiracy theory and base the 5th season of what is meant to be a realistic show around it. "Dexter" maybe...."The Wire", no.

Hate to be overly critical but I wasn't a fan of season 5, at all. :manny:

Fred.

I'm not a conspiracy person either and I'm Mr. anti-illuminati on here, so I'm not saying it's true. But the fact is that the LAPD was one of many police departments that were in serious economic trouble and was in shambles and bleeding money when this happened. Plus the terrible police work during the Zodiac killings and the questionable way it was handled in the end has some major theorists suggesting that LAPD had a murder and used it to create a serial killer that no one could catch. Why is that such an implausible story with the LAPD having access to the evidence, bodies, other cases, etc.? Especially back in that decade, it would be extremely hard for federal people to catch the LAPD faking evidence...

I'm more than positive that Simon got the idea for season 5 on the Zodiac investigation because a major part of it was the media propaganda; that was the major publicity the dept. needed to influence policy to flood more money in the department. Plus you mix in Simon's anti-capitalist stance and its easy to see where he got the idea from.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a conspiracy person either and I'm Mr. anti-illuminati on here, so I'm not saying it's true. But the fact is that the LAPD was one of many police departments that were in serious economic trouble and was in shambles and bleeding money when this happened. Plus the terrible police work during the Zodiac killings and the questionable way it was handled in the end has some major theorists suggesting that LAPD had a murder and used it to create a serial killer that no one could catch. Why is that such an implausible story with the LAPD having access to the evidence, bodies, other cases, etc.? Especially back in that decade, it would be extremely hard for federal people to catch the LAPD faking evidence...

I'm more than positive that Simon got the idea for season 5 on the Zodiac investigation because a major part of it was the media propaganda; that was the major publicity the dept. needed to influence policy to flood more money in the department. Plus you mix in Simon's anti-capitalist stance and its easy to see where he got the idea from.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong....and I know about the idea that it was fabricated by the LAPD....but it's not exactly a mainstream idea. And if you're familiar with my posts in TLR on here, I'm about as critical as it gets concerning police....but this is an extremely fringe, "conspiracy theory" type idea regardless of how feasible it is

Not even that, let's say it's an accepted theory....I've read basically every David Simon interview out there....and he's never mentioned it. Even if he did mention it, it's an extremely bizarre, wildly out of place concept on what's touted as a "realistic" series.

Then again we could sit here and talk about how the series isn't meant to be strictly realistic, since Simons modeled it after Greek tragedy. So :yeshrug:

Fred.

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
If you're familiar with my post history I'm probably the biggest "Breaking Bad" fan on the site....and I like "The Wire" just as much. You're in for a treat.

Fred.
What's your favorite season? I'm almost halfway through the 2nd. I like how they're building new storylines and mixing some of the 1st season's characters in. Just read a spoiler on twitter by accident :sadbron: wish i never saw that