The Wire The Greatest TV Series Ever

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's your favorite season? I'm almost halfway through the 2nd. I like how they're building new storylines and mixing some of the 1st season's characters in. Just read a spoiler on twitter by accident :sadbron: wish i never saw that

Season 4....I fukking love season 4.

It also has the best scene in the entire series IMO. And yeah :whoa: with any kind of social media, it's one of the most talked about shows so you're bound to see pictures, gifs, or quotes that spoil the show.

Fred.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
The Wire is the greatest for me by a wide margin. I've watched the entire series once and don't have plans to go back it was perfect and I'm afraid of diluting the experience by watching it again. All the other great shows over the years aren't really close to the Wire's brilliance. Either way T.V has come so fukking far in the last 15-20 years having surpassed the movie experience at least for me.

I'd venture to say that you haven't really "seen" the Wire until you have at least watched it for a 2nd time. It only gets better with additional viewings. You'd be amazed at how much shyt you didn't catch or realize during a 2nd watch. Also watch with the sub-titles on if you didn't the 1st time around. Even the dialogue in the background will have you like :ohhh: or :mjlol:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Season 4....I fukking love season 4.

It also has the best scene in the entire series IMO. And yeah :whoa: with any kind of social media, it's one of the most talked about shows so you're bound to see pictures, gifs, or quotes that spoil the show.

Fred.
My favorite season too.

What's the best scene?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
OK, I just finished Season 2. WTF is everyone talking about? :dahell:It was hella good! If you guys hate Season 2, I know I'm in for something really special with Season 3 because I really enjoyed S2.

Except for Ziggy. :scusthov:Gawd, I hate him so, so very much. I agree with the critics, he's definitely the Jar-Jar Binks of this series so far

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
OK, I just finished Season 2. WTF is everyone talking about? :dahell:It was hella good! If you guys hate Season 2, I know I'm in for something really special with Season 3 because I really enjoyed S2.

Except for Ziggy. :scusthov:Gawd, I hate him so, so very much. I agree with the critics, he's definitely the Jar-Jar Binks of this series so far
Seasons 1 & 3 >>>> to me

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

I really dug Season 2. Season 3 is even better. Season 4 is probably the consensus best of the series and arguably the greatest season of TV of any television show in history.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
The Wire and Breaking Bad are the only 2 series I can watch over and over again with every new bytch im gone have around at my crib :yeshrug:. even though great, I cant go thru The Sopranos again but might do in the future (just finished it last week) and I definitely aint bout to go thru The Shield or The Walking Dead EVER again. Only The Wire and BB gives me the feeling to want to show others how good they were.
The shield is so great you can't watch it twice if you're not a psycho human being.

Got it as my GOAT show, but I cant make it past :mjcry:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's right up there with Sopranos imo. I prefer Sopranos though cause I like the acting a bit more and the writing has more of a surreal feel to me.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I changed my mind.

Having had more time to reflect, The Wire IS the greatest TV show of all-time.

:bow: