The Wire The Greatest TV Series Ever

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
OK y'all, I just finished Season 3 :whew:

I need recs for interviews with the writers and actors. I did some digging on YT, but if you know of any "must-see" behind the scenes interviews, please put me on. I'm fiending for more information about the writing/directing/acting for this show.

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I need recs for interviews with the writers and actors. I did some digging on YT, but if you know of any "must-see" behind the scenes interviews, please put me on. I'm fiending for more information about the writing/directing/acting for this show.

Just because someone told me the same thing going into it, but get ready for the greatest season in TV history.

Edit:

To add to the discussion, imo The Wire is the best TV series of all-time. I think Game of Thrones is already getting into that tier as well. The actors are on par with the cats on The Wire. I will say though that the only aspect Game of Thrones has it beat at for sure is that you can play more episodes of Game of Thrones at random and come away entertained. I think a lot of series' can do that over The Wire though, but that's not what makes it great.

Last edited:

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps

There are Season 4 ("It's All Connected") and Season 5 ("The Last Word") Behind The Scenes on YT, but of course you should finish the show first.

The Wire's cinematography is underrated...

Great thread:
http://forum.rottentomatoes.com/topic/show/608282?

Good interview:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
I just noticed that the chick Bunk picked up in the bar (season 1) and burns his clothes in her bathroom was Miss Anna (season 4) the foster mom of Randy
2v28bbp.jpg

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I just finished watching the entire series and I agree :wow: This show is damn near flawless, loved every season, gonna miss it :mjcry:

Only :comeon: moment is the teenage characters robbing officer walker, that was SOA levels of silliness :mjlol:

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
Next time I rewatch Sopranos it'll be #1 then I'll rewatch the Wire and that'll be #1, but yeah the idea of Breaking Bad even being in the convo is :mjlol::camby:

Mad Men haf too but also a lot of :rudy: in there

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
just finished watching it all the way through last night. i had never seen all the seasons every episode.

:wow:

fukk kenard tho :mjcry: they did my nikka omar like bane :mjcry:

everybody i really liked ended up dead or in jail :mjcry: (except dukie who ended up a druggie and randy :mjcry: and michael aka omar jr :mjcry: )

edit: the arguments for the wire over breaking bad are quite compelling. i always thought BB would be my one and only but honestly it might flip depending on the day, wire or bb for the top spot

GOAT show, the Illmatic of television history, no matter how many times i watch it....i'll catch something new.

I can remember that white chick character named Dee-Dee, Her first appearance is when she pulls up in Hamsterdam (season 3) copping some drugs but she doesn't really look like a fully blown addict, just somebody looking for a good time, then she appears in season 4 at Andre corner shop, she is now trickin for drugs....showing her downfall from Hamsterdam & her final appearance is just before Bubs does his speech at the meeting in season 5, she does a speech & say she is now clean.

She has 3 scenes but has her own story line :ohhh:

David Simon :banderas:
i noticed stuff like that too. i was like its probably because im binge watching but if you caught that stuff while the show was on air :whew: simon really put in work

Nice dolphin nikka
yo this and this were some of the funniest moments on the show to me

i literally burst out laughing when i saw this shyt.

loads of other unintentional comedy in the wire

A gang of shyt. The fake serial killer story line was horrible....mad characters were acting out of character. A normally cautious street savvy character like Prop Joe outlining his whole operation to Marlo....Lester going along with the fake serial killer shyt, when in any other season he'd chastised McNulty for going too far....all kinds of shyt.

If you like season 5 :manny: but Simon himself wrote a blog defending it, because it wasn't well received.

Fred.
yeah thats one thing i didnt like, season 5 was straight but lester of seasons 1-4 wouldnt have gone along with that bullshyt

Watch it again. You may have missed something. I argue that Season 2 and Season 4 are the 2 greatest seasons because they look at the plight of the two areas that capitalism and racism have devastated most of all: workers and education. And Frank Sobotka is one of the greatest television characters ever.
and the way they killed him off was horrible. to be such an important character that season he got an off screen death :mjlol:

season 2 was the worst one

Season 3 is:ohlawd:. I mean every season(5th is decent) was great but S3 is some of the best storytelling & acting you'll ever witness, plus it's filled with quotables & the rooftop scene is:to:. "They seen yo ghetto ass comin from miles away nikka"
yeah i keep seeing this love for season 4, which is good, but its between 1 and 3 for the top spot for me.

I'd venture to say that you haven't really "seen" the Wire until you have at least watched it for a 2nd time. It only gets better with additional viewings. You'd be amazed at how much shyt you didn't catch or realize during a 2nd watch. Also watch with the sub-titles on if you didn't the 1st time around. Even the dialogue in the background will have you like :ohhh: or :mjlol:
the random drug dealers in the background shouting "i got that _________" always had me :pachaha:

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
When Michael was beating the shyt outta Kenard and the one dude yells out "Hey look at that little nikka getting his ass beat":russ:

yooo i caught that shyt too :dead:

i tell you man i dont know if they wrote that shyt in or they was letting extras free style or what but they was shooting 100% from the field :dead:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Season 3 was supposed to be the end of the series but HBO finally gave it a fourth after like two years, that's why there is so much time in between season three and four.

HBO really sabatoged the series by saying that it's ratings were horrible but they were putting episodes on demand a week ahead of time and this was before companies started paying attention to on demand numbers.

If you want an in depth look at the series there is a companion book that was written by Simon that you can read and they tell you what they were thinking when filming. Also the DVDs have some episodes that have the writers and actors talkin while the episode is going and they give insight.

Some of the things that y'all are :krs: about are things that actually happen on Bmore streets. If you walk down a Hood in the city back in the day you'd hear that shyt... nikkaz would say "got dat redi rock". This show was about Bmore and written by people who we're from there and worked there. EVERYTHING that happened on this show was written by the writing team, that's how authentic it was...watch the show and dial any of the numbers, you ever notice how they weren't the standard 555? They wanted it as authentic as possible so they used real numbers and went thorough the phone companies to make sure that they weren't in use...call one and someone might answer.

If there is anything y'all really want to know about this show ask me and I will most likely know it. I have watched this entire series at least ten times and watched every episode every Sunday night (except when Pittsburgh had Sunday Night Games)