The Wire: Randy Is The New Marlo

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
I always said this except you got it a bit wrong

Randy becomes Prop Joe (who is his blood uncle by the way)
Kenard becomes Marlo
Namond becomes Clay Davis
Mike becomes Omar
Dookie becomes Bubbles

Gotta remember Randy aint a sociopathic killer. Kenard is. So how can Randy become Marlo? Randy is about his money. The group home made him hard, but not hard enough to murder people for fun like Marlo. So I got him becoming a new version of Prop Joe. Hard enough to get respect but, more a hustler than a murderer.

Randy isn't Prop Joe. People have to retire this theory. Remember Prop Joe's flashback when he was a kid? He was a happy go lucky kid with a hustler mentality. He was even like that til his death. Prop Joe, while a drug kingpin, was about tact. Randy in Season 5 was a killer in the making. Two different characters. And you're buggin if you think Randy won't turn into a killer after that shyt he probably went through in the group home.

People say he's the next Bodie, which I find to be inaccurate as well. Randy was 100x smarter than Bodie.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Is this not a popular interpretation? I know Dukie becomes Bubbles, and Michael most likely becomes Omar. I don't remember about the rest of the kids

it's not at all. everyone always says he's either the next Bodie or Prop Joe, both which are wrong. no way people paid attention the show as much as they should have if they can equate Randy with either one of those characters.

and I hate when people say Kenard will be the next Marlo. Bird maybe, but not Marlo

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
fukk no:mjlol:. Snitches don't become bosses

people have this misconception that snitches get stitches just because they heard their favorite rapper say it. there's snitches walking the streets in 2015 but no one will call them out because they're too shook or scared to. I see people calling nikkas snitches all the time but they'll tell everyone BUT that nikka. p*ssy/pointless shyt.

a little off topic..but a snitch (as a kid) becoming a boss of the streets is not far fetched

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Randy was an innocent, empathetic kid who got swallowed up by the system. In Season 4, once it got around that he was a snitch, violence and despair started to surround him 24/7. In his last scene of Season 4, he gets beat up by some group home kids, after he throws a brave punch. In Season 5 he turned into a hardened teenager with no remorse for anyone. When Bunk tries to interrogate him about Lex's murder, unlike his cooperating nature in Season 4, this time, he sternly is unwilling to even come to terms with the cop. He gives Bunk a look of hate the entire time.

The same exact look Marlo gave Herc when they first met. That scene when Marlo and his goons looked like they were about to beat down him and Carver. Enter Marlo, a sociopathic drug kingpin in his late 20s. Obsessed with the reputation of his name. Because he knows how destructive a tainted reputation can be in the hood. After all, look what happened to Randy, when word got out that he was a snitch. Maybe he learned from that...and made sure the infrastructure of his name was always solid from now on. But to come up from being a former snitch...being beat up by group home kids daily..you probably would have to do something over the top just to get nikkas to respect you again. Something drastic. Possibly evil, cold hearted and/or ruthless. Which explains Marlo's character.

officer Walker took $200 from Randy. Marlo takes herc's $4000 camera.

Randy was the only one who was semi interested in Dukie's misadventures with the pigeons when everyone else was clowning Dukie (season 4 episode 1). Marlo owns a pigeon coup.

Marlo's character strongly suggests he grew up an orphan or group home. Randy was in a group home.

Randy always low key had heart. Unlike Namond who was a complete bytch. When Namond was about to go to baby booking for ONE night, he begged Carver to let him just sleep in the police station instead. Randy was about to get sent to a violent group home for 4 years, but did not once beg carver to help him out of the situation. He took it like a man, pat carver on the back, and told him "you tried".

That little bit of heart Randy showed, not only made Carver feel terrible, but was a early sneak peek of Randy taking his destiny like a man, instead of trying to coward his way out like Namond did.

Which eventually was what toughened Randy up. Maybe a little too much.

If you felt sorry for Randy, but hated Marlo....take a moment

Someone up the gif .discussions about The Wire ..:wow:

Repped

Last edited:

Millions

Carolina Crook
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ruff Raleigh, North Carolina
Randy isn't Prop Joe. People have to retire this theory. Remember Prop Joe's flashback when he was a kid? He was a happy go lucky kid with a hustler mentality. He was even like that til his death. Prop Joe, while a drug kingpin, was about tact. Randy in Season 5 was a killer in the making. Two different characters. And you're buggin if you think Randy won't turn into a killer after that shyt he probably went through in the group home.

People say he's the next Bodie, which I find to be inaccurate as well. Randy was 100x smarter than Bodie.
nikka He more prop joe then marlo the created even said hes related to joe and cheese his pops but season 5 didnt explore that cause its a short season.

Prop joe flashback he was a hustler randy was too.

And spider was the new bodie.

Kenard gone get out at 18 if he aint catching jail cases nikka rep gone be brazy. He legit got loose screws nikka was poppin off on older kids crack heads setting piegions on fire not scared of Omar Little etc. He more marlo then anybody.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always said this except you got it a bit wrong

Randy becomes Prop Joe (who is his blood uncle by the way)
Kenard becomes Marlo
Namond becomes Clay Davis
Mike becomes Omar
Dookie becomes Bubbles

Gotta remember Randy aint a sociopathic killer. Kenard is. So how can Randy become Marlo? Randy is about his money. The group home made him hard, but not hard enough to murder people for fun like Marlo. So I got him becoming a new version of Prop Joe. Hard enough to get respect but, more a hustler than a murderer.

I agree

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
nikka He more prop joe then marlo the created even said hes related to joe and cheese his pops but season 5 didnt explore that cause its a short season.

Kenard gone get out at 18 if he aint catching jail cases nikka rep gone be brazy. He legit got loose screws nikka was poppin off on older kids crack heads setting piegions on fire not scared of Omar Little etc. He more marlo then anybody.

so because he's related to prop Joe...he's more likely to be prop Joe...nah...weak theory

Marlo and Kenard are two different types of crazy. then a

You have a point but I'm not buying it. Just my point of view. But Kenard does have psychopath tendencies. Which is why I see why you can say Marlo.

The fact that we're discussing these characters in depth like this speaks volumes regarding the show I know that much

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm pretty sure I know where you took the idea of this thread from, and who from.

But Imma let you breathe though, coz its all love.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
I'm pretty sure I know where you took the idea of this thread from, and who from.

But Imma let you breathe though, coz its all love.

If you wanted to let me breathe, then you wouldn't have posted this dumb ass shyt, you would have just been quiet altogether, fukk out of here nikka

who the fukk steals coli threads

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you wanted to let me breathe, then you wouldn't have posted this dumb ass shyt, you would have just been quiet altogether, fukk out of here nikka

who the fukk steals coli threads

*Looks at post count*

:sas2:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nvm Kenard setting animals on fire was already covered

Kenard is dead inside and vicious at like age 13. I can see why people say he's Marlo
Thats why Kenard shouldnt be labeled the next Marlo... Marlo actually cared for animals.
He was more like the new Chris

One similarity you can point out is that Randy throws the first punch in the group home at the end of season 4 to show his bravery and acceptance into a new world... In the finale Marlo goes up to 2 corner dudes and punches one of them and disarms them, showing us the viewer that he was courageous
as well..
But thats kinda farfetched

Last edited: