The Wire is not very good

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't think that's it...The writers were just better at writing the streets storyline than the other facets of the show...

Which political character was "ill"...? I wasn't rooting for any of those politicians, because their characters were not that interesting...Davis was hilarious, no doubt...But did anybody want him to win...?

I couldn't root for McNulty because he would throw his own friends under the bus to get what he wants...

It's ironic how the show shows that there is more loyalty on the streets than anywhere else in Baltimore...
"ill"? "Root for"? :dahell: This is how I know not to take the majority of y'all nikkas seriously. The Wire wasn't some bullshyt show where you could rep #TeamWhoever. If rooting for someone or finding a character "ill" is more important to you than a complex story, complex characters and excellent writing then I'm glad y'all find The Wire overrated

yo moms

drunk
Daps
:why:

not only is this nikka omar a fakkit. hes a fukking snitch too? :what:

im done with this show.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to watch it again. I never could get past season 2. :trash:

But yeah it's pretty boring. Just watching some pigs be pigs. And that dumb baldhead nikka who's always fukking up. :snoop:

And the stickup man is a fakkit? :what:

:snoop:

This is some bullshyt.

There's always one provocateur :beli:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I don't think that's it...The writers were just better at writing the streets storyline than the other facets of the show...

Which political character was "ill"...? I wasn't rooting for any of those politicians, because their characters were not that interesting...Davis was hilarious, no doubt...But did anybody want him to win...?

I couldn't root for McNulty because he would throw his own friends under the bus to get what he wants...

It's ironic how the show shows that there is more loyalty on the streets than anywhere else in Baltimore...

Well that's realism isn't it?

Well the thing about The Wire is it's characters... they on some Shakespearean type shyt.. like every character has it's flaws. You got the white politician trying to be superman and save the streets but he has his dirt.

You got McNulty, a bad ass detective but a lying, cheating alcoholic

You got Omar, a badass, relentless killer, but smart and a man to be feared with, but has a code to live by and is homosexual and that just throws you off.

You got Cutty, a old gangsta, killer, but gets out and changes, and he reminds me of my cousin, my cousin got out and started a youth program, hosting basketball camps and baseball tournaments until two white dudes shot and killed him for 7 bucks..

I can go on and on, but The Wire was never boring to me, it depends on if you like TV Shows that go in deep with it's dialogue, most TV shows get straight to chase, straight to the action, but The Wire takes it's time. I'll agree the writing gets sloppy at times, but even still, the acting, the characters, the cinematography is some of the best work out there

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
It fell off with Season 5. It wasn't even that dumb ass serial killer plot. The whole season was rushed and it showed. The acting, plots, and new characters were poorly written. David Simon had a grudge against the Baltimore Sun and his personal issues ruined that season. Should of just stopped it at Season 4.