The Wire is not very good

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lot of wire purist pan this plot cuz it was too cartoony (like u say) and because it wasnt true to mcnulty's character :why: I call bs on both. Its not uncommon for a dirty cop/police force/branch of government offical to manipulate evidence/crimes scenes to fit what ever narative they are transmitting.And as for the 2nd gripe (maybe my memory is hazy but) after playing by the rules and watching the likes of marlo make them look stupid repeatdly he chose to fight fire with fire :yeshrug:

That whole serial killer thing was horrifically wack. I don't doubt McNulty would pull some shyt like that, he's a loose cannon. But it actually going on and on, and multiple people knowing about it, all across the police force? Hell no. That was too much. It was like Hamsterdam but 100x worse.

I didn't like season 5 in general though, for a few reasons.

Fred.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
The drug game is way more than just the streets but if you can't go past that then things seems to go over your head. not like the drugs just magically appear in the streets. and talking bout how 90s babies have better taste due to torrents. us 80s babies been downloading off napster and other sites since you were swimming around in your father's left nut, so that don't change the fact your taste sucks. can't say the same for the rest of the people born in the 90s since I'm sure not all will cosign your opinion.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not a program about the streets.
Of course it's about the streets...

The whole show was about how different social structures (police, education, politicians, media and etc) play role in creating the street environment in Baltimore, and in return how street politics simultaneously affects all other social structures...

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course it's about the streets...

The whole show was about how different social structures (police, education, politicians, media and etc) play role in creating the street environment in Baltimore, and in return how street politics simultaneously affects all other social structures...

Kind of - The Wire is about urban decay, the streets is one part of that. Its about the creation and destruction of urban America essentially, but people just narrowly focus on the streets because that is what interests them the most.

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
They kind of dropped the ball with The Wire...Season 1 was blazing...And then, sputtering...

The Sabotka season was a snooze fest...The Amsterdam season was too fictional, for series that was trying to stick to reality as possible...

The Fake Serial Killer, the same as above, way too fictional...

They should have kept that series on the streets, and just show a little bit of how the drugs get to the streets, but the focus should have been the streets...
:dwillhuh: all of these "fictional" events you speak of are based on things that really happened in Bmore at some point.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
nikkas just wanted the show to be about nikkas killing nikkas. They skip through the political shyt and other shyt and go right to the murder scenes. Got damn c00ns

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas just wanted the show to be about nikkas killing nikkas. They skip through the political shyt and other shyt and go right to the murder scenes. Got damn c00ns
I don't think that's it...The writers were just better at writing the streets storyline than the other facets of the show...

Which political character was "ill"...? I wasn't rooting for any of those politicians, because their characters were not that interesting...Davis was hilarious, no doubt...But did anybody want him to win...?

I couldn't root for McNulty because he would throw his own friends under the bus to get what he wants...

It's ironic how the show shows that there is more loyalty on the streets than anywhere else in Baltimore...

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
I loved the wire but I dont put it on a pedestal like other people...since Im bmore born n raised, things on the show is sh1t ive seen all the time out here...so it didnt really blow me away like it would other ppl who never step foot in my city

Great show tho...i liked all the seasons(5 being least), i actually think 2 is underrated...i love finding out about the plug...season 4 was my favorite tho. ..Marlo and his team...mike and the youngins...good sh1t :obama: