Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
:smugfavre:

im watching the wire now. im on to season 2. shyt is trash :trash:

:camby:
season 2 is a love/hate season..its written intricate as fukk how everything plays out..def not much firepower up front with that season. not the most interesting season, but one of the cooler storylines overall.

Daps
Breh I really dont care if you believe it happened or not

It happened...if you choose not to believe me then :manny:

Like I said this was over 20 years ago so of course youre not gonna find links and nobody is dumb enough to actually admit it

But again, you seem to be describing a "Whino-Brown paper bag" situation more than a Hamsterdam, tho.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I saw dudes on SOHH hyping it up. So I watched the whole series last year. It had some good episodes here and there, but its not a classic like these dudes on here are making it out to be.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: did ya'll no the dude omar was with when he jumped out the window is the actual real life stickup kid omar is based off of?
in fact a lot of the real life counteparts to some of the characters have cameos or bit roles in the show.
I know im late but that shyt was :salute: worthy imo.
You gotta link or this shyt breh? That's some good ass trivia.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

the whole scene

i know Marlo ain't a philosopher but there was so much depth in what he was saying that he couldn't articulate it properly. his choice of words was just really poor to me. that scene illistrates why The Wire is such a good show. the duality of it.

ironically Marlo was the one that wanted it to be one way but it was the other way. dude got sonned in poker and just stole some shyt to throw his weight around just cause he couldn't take the L then he basically killed that guy cause he lost in that poker game. while thing was a temper tantrum of somebody that couldn't deal with reality.

you literally just watched the pot call the kettle black. how many shows really have that kinda depth to them? there's so much going on in a simple scene and you could just watch it and take it at face value but when you start picking it apart you see the layers to it. the way that guard knew who Marlo was and half stepped to him but at the same time was backing down on some timid shyt.

he wasn't gonna do jack shyt to Marlo. never should have stepped to him but he just couldn't stay in his place even though he knew it.

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Honestly, no stanning or snobbishness or whatever, but anybody who says The Wire is not a good show simply doesn't understand good, smart writing.

If you don't like it & it's not your thing, that's understandable...but to say it's not good or unrealistic? Na.