The Wii U Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Beem saying this for the past year or two, low key the Wii U has a nice library of games. The Wonderful 101 is so much fun. NSBM Wii U is dope, Zombii U is dope, Pikmin 3 is a classic and thats saying something.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
That's the best part. The fukkery.

Makes you angry as hell when it goes bad but it's fun as shyt when it goes right. Plus you compete for the crown every level.

That's crown pisses the kids off becuz I usually end up with the most points.

Lego Batman 2 is $12 at this GameStop by me. Might go scoop that up tomorrow. I genuinely enjoy this system.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Breh...game is fukkin impossible :laugh: but so much fun.
the only donkey kong game i beat was dk64 all the ones on snes i got washed in i had that shyt on my mac on my emulator i even had cheat codes the levels still washed me i gave the fukk up

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Me too. I believe that now that fewer and fewer developers can afford the super advanced PS4 and X Box one hardware is to go make downloadable independent game for the Wii U and to thrive there. If these struggling developers have any insight, they can make Wii U their home and fill it with quality games that won't kill their budget.
They can just as easily make those games on XBLA/PSN/Steam and make more though and reach a bigger audience

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
They can just as easily make those games on XBLA/PSN/Steam and make more though and reach a bigger audience

:usure:

No one is going to like those alternative games on the PS4 or XBox one generation. Maybe for the PS3/ 360 for whatever time they have left in their lifespan, but PS4 and XOne gamers want super-hardcore graphics.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:usure:

No one is going to like those alternative games on the PS4 or XBox one generation. Maybe for the PS3/ 360 for whatever time they have left in their lifespan, but PS4 and XOne gamers want super-hardcore graphics.
Lol what? There's always a market for these games dude. Be realistic. These games wouldn't sell shyt on the U

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Like how a retail game like Bayonetta sold well on the PS3 :mjpls:
You were talking about indie/arcade titles. Bayonetta released first on the 360 anyways and it obviously sold well. You're high if you think Bayonetta 2 is gonna reach the numbers that the first did. I mean..that's be pretty much 2/3 of the U's user base

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You were talking about indie/arcade titles. Bayonetta released first on the 360 anyways and it obviously sold well. You're high if you think Bayonetta 2 is gonna reach the numbers that the first did. I mean..that's be pretty much 2/3 of the U's user base

Trust me, the PS4 gen is about high end graphical games. The Wii U has the potential for independent games to thrive if developers are smart about it and their development costs.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Trust me, the PS4 gen is about high end graphical games. The Wii U has the potential for independent games to thrive if developers are smart about it and their development costs.

Trust you? :stopitslime:

You're literally making shyt up as you go now. Don't directed a good amount of their E3 conference last year strictly for indie games and how they were planning on making it so much easier and more accessible for developers.

And I'm not asking you to trust me, here's a link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/412745/sony-flaunts-strong-indie-games-support-for-ps4/

They already have the developers on board. Those developers actually showed up, explained what thy were doing, and why.

Trust you? :mjpls:

Sony claimed they were about the gamers this gen more so than anything, and they used that as a major evidence point to support that. It's easy as fukk for them to put titles on the system and Sony's more open than any of the other 2 about what they'll allow on there. I know you love your Nintendo and Sega and all that shyt but be honest with yourself breh

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All platforms are good for indies, but the lack of competition from major 3rd parties works in indies favor on Wii U.
So you're saying that the people are so desperate for games that they'll play anything? Even so, there is no established base. The PS4 has already outsold the thing, and it doesn't have any games. The Wii U should have been a great platform for indies when It first came out if they embraced it. But there were like 3 indie titles on the system up until at least June last year. Not even exaggerating. Trine, The Cave, and something else I'm pretty sure. Maybe more or less, but around that. For that entire time period. For a system with ITS MAIN fukkING GIMMICK/SELLING POINT is a screen in the controller, you don't make it worthwhile by establishing a solid indie network?

You think it's going to get better? Seriously? Under Nintendo's watch? They've delayed games recently because programming shyt into HD is hard for them. Networking and online infrastructure is like physics 1000 years in the future to these motherfukkers.

I understand trying to be optimistic, but c'mon man. There is no real reason for indie developers to bring their games to the U. Maybe it'll change. Games like Mighty No 9 in the future are said to be coming to the Wii U, but we've already seen so many titles coming to the system that have been delayed indefinitely of cancelled, so...

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're saying that the people are so desperate for games that they'll play anything? Even so, there is no established base. The PS4 has already outsold the thing, and it doesn't have any games. The Wii U should have been a great platform for indies when It first came out if they embraced it. But there were like 3 indie titles on the system up until at least June last year. Not even exaggerating. Trine, The Cave, and something else I'm pretty sure. Maybe more or less, but around that. For that entire time period. For a system with ITS MAIN fukkING GIMMICK/SELLING POINT is a screen in the controller, you don't make it worthwhile by establishing a solid indie network?

You think it's going to get better? Seriously? Under Nintendo's watch? They've delayed games recently because programming shyt into HD is hard for them. Networking and online infrastructure is like physics 1000 years in the future to these motherfukkers.

I understand trying to be optimistic, but c'mon man. There is no real reason for indie developers to bring their games to the U. Maybe it'll change. Games like Mighty No 9 in the future are said to be coming to the Wii U, but we've already seen so many titles coming to the system that have been delayed indefinitely of cancelled, so...
But those indies that have released on the Wii U have for the most part been successful. Some moreso on the Wii U than PC and PS3/360. Thats specifically why Nifflas next game is going to be exclusive to Wii U. There is an audience there for well designed indie games. That's not hypothetical, it's what it currently is.

also, it only took 2-3 days for Frozenbyte to port Trine 2 to Wii U before adding touchscreen specific funcionality. When you add free Unity licensing, self publishing and self pricing, there are enough reasons for indies to put their games on Wii U and there are a number of indies doing just that. Especially since it doesn't have to be exclusive. I'm not saying indies should develop only for wii u, all I'm saying is that it isn't a bad option for indies and there are a few out there recognizing that. If its up and running in PC it's not a great stretch for some indies to port to wii u, unless its using something like the Unreal engine.