The Wii U Thread

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know exactly what you mean. towards the end of the last gen i was thinking my gaming days were on the way out cause shyt just wasn't hitting like it used to, but honestly the wii-u just clicks with me. im enjoying the hell out of it and the reasons are 1) I have really grown fond of using the gamepad and 2) the games are just great games. i feel almost like i did back as a kid when i first got a SNES. i cant even really complain about the thrid party games that its missing because the games that it has are just really addictive. its funny too cause i originally thought going into this gen I would probably just use PC as my main and wii-u for my secondary, but over time I have been finding myself playing the wii u more than anything.
Ppl sleepin on the Wii U cuz they stuck thinkin its a kiddie system as opposed to simply just a gaming system.

You can play a solo campaign on Xbox or PS you bought for $60 and beat it in 6-7 hours and play a solo campaign on Wii U and get 20-30 hours out the solo campaign for $50

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
i know exactly what you mean. towards the end of the last gen i was thinking my gaming days were on the way out cause shyt just wasn't hitting like it used to, but honestly the wii-u just clicks with me. im enjoying the hell out of it and the reasons are 1) I have really grown fond of using the gamepad and 2) the games are just great games. i feel almost like i did back as a kid when i first got a SNES. i cant even really complain about the thrid party games that its missing because the games that it has are just really addictive. its funny too cause i originally thought going into this gen I would probably just use PC as my main and wii-u for my secondary, but over time I have been finding myself playing the wii u more than anything.

I'm going through the same thing right now. I got Wonderful 101, Zelda, and Pikmin 3 to play. Plus I gotta finish up 3D World. I'm way more excited for what nintendo has coming than anything else.....except for maybe Dark Souls 2 :wow:. So far for me Wii U>PS4

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
FINALLY

thanks

hope they show some more footage of "X"

Yo, Soraya (she works at Monolith Soft) retweeted the news about the direct.:lupe:

The only time's she's ever retweeted about a Nintendo Direct, was on the day they debut X last January and on June 11th at E3 for the second trailer:ohhh:

It's happenin breh, we might even get a official name too.:wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Ppl sleepin on the Wii U cuz they stuck thinkin its a kiddie system as opposed to simply just a gaming system.

You can play a solo campaign on Xbox or PS you bought for $60 and beat it in 6-7 hours and play a solo campaign on Wii U and get 20-30 hours out the solo campaign for $50

Niccas need to know this stuff!!! I tried to get my Wii brothers to go to war against the Xbots and PlayStanleys but cats in here talking bout

:sadcam::sadbron::whoa: "We don't want no part of that!!":damn:

There are times to be Martin and there are times to be Malcolm.... And this was one if them:aicmon:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Wii U is actually the best place for games to be games. I miss great solo player gamers and I miss games that are focused on fun, not bullshyt.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wii U is actually the best place for games to be games. I miss great solo player gamers and I miss games that are focused on fun, not bullshyt.
Exactly... I get my online multiplayer fun out of the other systems cuz I play GTA, 2K and Call of Duty but you can have multiplayer fun with friends in ya home with these Mario games plus the new piff they're dropping plus the 1st party solo modes are worth every dollar you spend as opposed to those other games released on solely the other systems or all 3 that can be beaten in a 1 night session.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Exactly... I get my online multiplayer fun out of the other systems cuz I play GTA, 2K and Call of Duty but you can have multiplayer fun with friends in ya home with these Mario games plus the new piff they're dropping plus the 1st party solo modes are worth every dollar you spend as opposed to those other games released on solely the other systems or all 3 that can be beaten in a 1 night session.

I don't mind multiplayer online, but that should never be a selling point to a game and the meat of it, IMO. That is also the reason why games with excessive amounts of cutscenes and short solo player quests, tend to have their prices dropped quick as shyt. I remember when in the PS1/N64/ DC days, it took nearly a year before games cost $20-30. Now, games drop in price as short as 2 months.

I love how the Wii U has that double screen and love how it handles. The Wii U is a great gift that many of us don't deserve. :to:

Not just that, but I love how they have games that require skill and experience for you to be a better player. That is why I can't wait for the new DKC coming out soon.

Daps
I got some money to blow but after hearing all this bad news about Nintendos struggles I'm kinda worried. Should I buy one of these brehs? I'm dying to play The Mario's and Zelda's and Donkey Kong's of the world but don't wanna make another bad investment....My Wii hasn't been touched since 08

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't mind multiplayer online, but that should never be a selling point to a game and the meat of it, IMO. That is also the reason why games with excessive amounts of cutscenes and short solo player quests, tend to have their prices dropped quick as shyt. I remember when in the PS1/N64/ DC days, it took nearly a year before games cost $20-30. Now, games drop in price as short as 2 months.

I love how the Wii U has that double screen and love how it handles. The Wii U is a great gift that many of us don't deserve. :to:

Not just that, but I love how they have games that require skill and experience for you to be a better player. That is why I can't wait for the new DKC coming out soon.
Word... I noticed that and I noticed that Nintendo 1st party titles take ages to drop in price.. I was surprised I caught Mario 3D World for $40

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Word... I noticed that and I noticed that Nintendo 1st party titles take ages to drop in price.. I was surprised I caught Mario 3D World for $40

The crazy thing about Wii U is that it has both great solo player experiences and it is capable of great online play.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I definitely see the appeal of online centred games, playing with other people can create a certain type of spontaneity that can make a game exciting and for some games that is the primary selling point. and the wii u has the capability for some good online play, but they dont really have the player numbers in alot of cases compared to the others. Having said that, I definitely agree in that my personal preference is for a good solo campaign with well designed gameplay, which the wii u definitely has. I just dont really have alot of time for online play these days. I'm also a big fan of local co-op and local multiplayer, which is another area where the wii u shines.

In regards to the excessive cutscenes in modern games, I enjoy a good story as much as the next man but it has gotten a little out of control. Some games pull off the cinematic feel but gameplay is always king in my eyes. I would love to see games move back towards gameplay instead of such a heavy focus on story, but I highly doubt the big companies are going to stray too far from the formula.

So yeah, it might not be for everybody but for me, all I want is good gameplay, good solo campaigns and if possible some nice local multiplayer options. Give me that and I'm happy. And so far the wii u has really been hitting those marks for me.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I definitely see the appeal of online centred games, playing with other people can create a certain type of spontaneity that can make a game exciting and for some games that is the primary selling point. and the wii u has the capability for some good online play, but they dont really have the player numbers in alot of cases compared to the others. Having said that, I definitely agree in that my personal preference is for a good solo campaign with well designed gameplay, which the wii u definitely has. I just dont really have alot of time for online play these days. I'm also a big fan of local co-op and local multiplayer, which is another area where the wii u shines.

In regards to the excessive cutscenes in modern games, I enjoy a good story as much as the next man but it has gotten a little out of control. Some games pull off the cinematic feel but gameplay is always king in my eyes. I would love to see games move back towards gameplay instead of such a heavy focus on story, but I highly doubt the big companies are going to stray too far from the formula.

So yeah, it might not be for everybody but for me, all I want is good gameplay, good solo campaigns and if possible some nice local multiplayer options. Give me that and I'm happy. And so far the wii u has really been hitting those marks for me.

Me too. I believe that now that fewer and fewer developers can afford the super advanced PS4 and X Box one hardware is to go make downloadable independent game for the Wii U and to thrive there. If these struggling developers have any insight, they can make Wii U their home and fill it with quality games that won't kill their budget.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just scooped up a nsmbwiiu bundle with a wii u pro controller, super mario 3d world and zombi u.

Having a blast with the system so far
Gamepad is surprsingly comfortable.

Need to buy rayman next.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I use my Wii U more than my ps4, by a loooooooooong shot. Mario 3D world is so fun.