The Wii U Thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Been playing all morning with the kids and I like it.Games are a little too hard for younger kids,I expected them to be a little easier but they'll eventually get the hang of it.

The tablet controller is nice as hell too.I like that you can instantly switch between watching Netflix on the controller or tv.It also feels good in my hand playing games. I thought for sure I wasn't gonna like the tablet but it's actually a good controller. Still probably gonna cop a pro controller at some point but it's not a must

Only games I(my kids) got so far is Mario Bros U, Luigi U, Disney Infinity Starter set,Phineas & Ferb, Planes,and Just Dance for kids

Probably gonna get that Mario 3D World and a couple more games(any recommendations?) Friday

Only cons I have so far is:

1.the initial update was long as fukk.shyt took about and hour :snoop:
2.It took me about 4 hours and 50 tries to register a Nintendo ID,I just kept getting a error
3.the fukking system doesnt have a ethernet port :mindblown: How do you release at system that has online gaming and streaming apps with no fukking ethernet port? :wtf:

Overall i like the system and this is coming from someone who hated the wii

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The tablet controller is nice as hell too.I like that you can instantly switch between watching Netflix on the controller or tv.It also feels good in my hand playing games. I thought for sure I wasn't gonna like the tablet but it's actually a good controller. Still probably gonna cop a pro controller at some point but it's not a must

Probably gonna get that Mario 3D World and a couple more games(any recommendations?) Friday

do you have gamefly? i would recommend trying pretty much everything just to get a feel and a sense of whats what, you know?

I got my wii-u at launch and that was coincidentally with black ops 2 or black ops one of the call of dutys came out, so I bought the ps3 version and the wii u version and loaded them both up and would change the inputs of my tv to see where the differences were. Other than the fact thats theres like 100,000 people playing on ps3 and like 10,000 on wii-u graphically and gameplay wise there wasnt much of a difference in the feeling or looking.

you have to play a wide variety like there should be a demo in the wii shop for rayman legends..PLAY IT! even if you dont like that shyt. it shows you how to use the game pad during the games and how it can be utilized during games...the potential is phenomenal.

other than that, zombiu.....:yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
BroKenGaMez on a Wii U stan's pesimistic outlook on the next generation:

"To someone that has cancer the future would look pretty grim."

happens about 9:35 into the video.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BroKenGaMez on a Wii U stan's pesimistic outlook on the next generation:

"To someone that has cancer the future would look pretty grim."

happens about 9:35 into the video.

What about wii u fans with an optimistic outlook? Me personally, I'm loving my wii u and although it doesnt get every game i want i am really enjoying the games it does have and am excited for the games to come. Over the past few months my gaming has gone from mostly ps3 with some wii here and there to mostly wii u with some Steam. For a long while I was thinking I was gonna be PS4/Wii u this gen but it's looking more and more like I'm gonna be wii u/pc. And that's just fine with me, I think this is gonna be a great generation and I'm very excited about the games to come

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What about wii u fans with an optimistic outlook? Me personally, I'm loving my wii u and although it doesnt get every game i want i am really enjoying the games it does have and am excited for the games to come. Over the past few months my gaming has gone from mostly ps3 with some wii here and there to mostly wii u with some Steam. For a long while I was thinking I was gonna be PS4/Wii u this gen but it's looking more and more like I'm gonna be wii u/pc. And that's just fine with me, I think this is gonna be a great generation and I'm very excited about the games to come
honestly between the Wii backlog and the Wii U good games the Wii U has more to play on it than any of its competitors. the problem is after say the Wii U's Zelda comes out which seems like the furthest off game of their core franchises there's nothing left for Nintendo to do but go back and repeat the same franchises over again. they really do need to develop some new IPs that aren't in the vein of Wii Fit and Wii Party.

Nintendo has been playing it safe for far too long. i wish they'd take more risk.

Seth Brundle

Sick with it
Daps
I have disposable income, and I like Nintendo's hustle. With that said, I've been gaming for 25 years and Monster Hunter on the Wii U is the first time in a long time a game has given me something unique. I'm 100 hours in and haven't scratched the surface. It's hardcore gaming at its best.

Seth Brundle

Sick with it
Daps
:russ: @ only 16 pages :scusthov:
Got games to play so no time for a page count. As a discerning adult, am also free to buy additional platforms as they demonstrate their value. You, meanwhile, try to turn this into a 'fanboy' thing. Shameful.:ufdup:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Got games to play so no time for a page count. As a discerning adult, am also free to buy additional platforms as they demonstrate their value. You, meanwhile, try to turn this into a 'fanboy' thing. Shameful.:ufdup:
:stopitslime: U da one who is making this a fan boy thing by rushing to the defense. I'm just :russ: @ X1 & PS4 having hundreds of pages while Wi U has only 16 pages :scusthov: no fanboy here breh :ufdup:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: U da one who is making this a fan boy thing by rushing to the defense. I'm just :russ: @ X1 & PS4 having hundreds of pages while Wi U has only 16 pages :scusthov: no fanboy here breh :ufdup:
Its hardly a fair comparism though. Those threads date back to the inital announcements of those consoles and have a number of merged threads. The wii u had a number of different "official threads" from before and after launch, this is just the latest. I'm sure if all the wii u threads since its announcement were merged into one single thread it would be a far smaller difference.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly between the Wii backlog and the Wii U good games the Wii U has more to play on it than any of its competitors. the problem is after say the Wii U's Zelda comes out which seems like the furthest off game of their core franchises there's nothing left for Nintendo to do but go back and repeat the same franchises over again. they really do need to develop some new IPs that aren't in the vein of Wii Fit and Wii Party.

Nintendo has been playing it safe for far too long. i wish they'd take more risk.

Yeah idk what they have planned after zelda but if they give me some platformers, some RPGs, some action games and something my kids can play in good.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Brehs, mario world 3d is soooooooooo much better than i expected, and i expected alot....the game is just simply amazing.....

Also, @stanjones u said the games were tough for the kids, def get that...not sure how old your kids are, but my nieces played it (ages 6 and 4) and it was easier for them than SmbU was...(not saying its too easy either, those green stars r a bytch) they loved it....and they never even play games unless they r at my house...plus you can play with them, if they fall behind it doesnt slow you up either...very good game...the rest of my winter will be spent getting all them green stars...