The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:lupe:

Can yall give us a brief synopsis of this without tryna spoil the whole shyt like the Invincible brehs? :francis::lolbron:

Based on an epic series of High Fantasy novels

Predates GOT

Basically in this world both men and women can use gender specific forms of magic, however a tragedy happened that tainted the male half of the magic that turns any man who channels his magic dangerously insane, so when the story begins only women can use magic safely and it has been this way for hundreds of years. Any man who is found with the ability to use magic is taken by an order of women known as Aes Sedai and “gentled” (meaning they have their connection to the power forcibly ripped away from them) this eventually causes those men to go mad with grief and many kill themselves in depression.

When the story begins one of the members of the Aes Sedai is on the search for “The Dragon Reborn” who is a prophecied male hero who can utilize magic and will save the world from the “Dark One” (basically Satan). This Aes Sedai finds candidates amongst three young men from a simple farming village, and together with two young women also from the village, they embark on an epic quest where each of their destinies holds the fate of the world on the tip of a precariously balanced scale…

Thats all I can type without spoilers. Just know that there’s a shyt load of magic, heroism, romance, betrayal, and action. The series spanned 14 books. The author, Robert Jordan, died before the release of the final novel but left detailed notes with his wife and they chose another author named Brandon Sanderson to complete the book, but upon seeing how massive the quantity of notes were, he split the final volume into three.

some loose cliff notes

-Not as violent as Game Of Thrones and some characters do have a form of “plot armor” but thats the because the themes of destiny and reincarnation are utilized HEAVILY throughout the novels

- The society in the books is a lot more “female dominant” due to women being able to freely utilize magic whilst men cannot. This does NOT cheapen the male characters but it puts the men and women on equal standing. There are female warriors, soldiers, adventurers in addition to Queens and Princesses.

-The magic system is really unique and the differences between the men magic users and the female magic users are pretty cool.

-One of the big mysteries in the novels is figuring out how to “cleanse” the male half of the magic so that men can once again utilize it freely. I cannot WAIT to see this play out on screen!

-Its a pretty racially diverse world. Full of what would be considered white, black, Asian, and Native American raced characters. There should be NO problems with diversity that Game Of Thrones had.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the budget for this?

One of the GOAT moments in fantasy novels for me is the end of lord of chaos. My book readers know what I'm talking about. I'm worried they can't pull this off on TV

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
- The society in the books is a lot more “female dominant” due to women being able to freely utilize magic whilst men cannot. This does NOT cheapen the male characters but it puts the men and women on equal standing. There are female warriors, soldiers, adventurers in addition to Queens and Princesses.

HIGHLY debatable. The general Aes Sedai arrogance alone, much less the more wacky individual ajah viewpoints refute that. Absolute power for hundreds of years corrupted absolutely.

One thing that has me completely skeptical of this whole setup is how that plays out in this current cultural space. It's the easiest layup to get used for propaganda as opposed to just telling the story.

One of the GOAT moments in fantasy novels for me is the end of lord of chaos. My book readers know what I'm talking about. I'm worried they can't pull this off on TV

Dumai's Wells :blessed:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

:russ::russ::russ:GOT barely has magic but WOT is full of magic and grand scale magic wars so in order to really do the series justice the budget has to be amazing. The fact they have already renewed for season 2 speaks volumes.