The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Based on an epic series of High Fantasy novels

Predates GOT

-Not as violent as Game Of Thrones and some characters do have a form of “plot armor” but thats the because the themes of destiny and reincarnation are utilized HEAVILY throughout the novels

The hell you talking bout man this shyt way more violent than Game of Thrones. Also, the MC kill count is fukking ridiculous. He’s killed people in some fukked up ways that don’t even compare to Game of Thrones.

and don’t forget what he did to that castle with Balefire because he could not be bothered with trying to figure out who was who........

Straight up murdering innocents out of laziness. That’s our hero. Smfh

and he has 3 hoes. Pimp.

Edit: Don’t forget this is the same author who wrote a couple Conan books. This dude even went to War College in real life.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I’ve read Game of Thrones and this series. I understand why some people think GoT is more violent.

Wheel of Time is a huge series. There’s tons of violence that even exceeds Games of Thrones, but its spread out. It’s not always as concentrated. Cause there be some politics, magic, romance and adventuristic shyt going on.

About the plot armor you mentioned, that really only applies to the 2 rivers folks. Most peeps pretty much gets murked at some point. Only some stick around till the very end.

I hate the MC so much but I kept reading this shyt cause he was a fukking psycho. Even the way the series ended is nuts. I’m convinced he’s a sociopath. Dude don’t give a fukk bout his kids or his bytches (you can’t tell by the way its written. It seems like he actually does care, but his actions are too dubious).

smh

but if you liked this series but haven’t read his Conan books then read his Conan books. I think he did a way better job with Conan. At least I liked his Conan MC. Conan had some damn sense. Not Rand Al’Thor.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I’ve read a lot of sci-fi and fantasy growing up and even now as an adult and seen some of these series come to life on TV and movies and these shyts are hard to pull off. Really curious if they can make this work.

Basically all my favorite series have had movies or shows except Raymond E Feist Riftwar series of novels. Thats my fav of all time. Dude’s a genius. Even his new series is raw af.

His Empire Trilogy he cowrote with Janny Wurts is great too. I had ignored that shyt for years cause I thought it was gonna be weaksauce cause I ain’t know who Janny Wurts was but it turned out I slept on a classic.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I’ve read Game of Thrones and this series. I understand why some people think GoT is more violent.

Wheel of Time is a huge series. There’s tons of violence that even exceeds Games of Thrones, but its spread out. It’s not always as concentrated. Cause there be some politics, magic, romance and adventuristic shyt going on.

About the plot armor you mentioned, that really only applies to the 2 rivers folks. Most peeps pretty much gets murked at some point. Only some stick around till the very end.

I hate the MC so much but I kept reading this shyt cause he was a fukking psycho. Even the way the series ended is nuts. I’m convinced he’s a sociopath. Dude don’t give a fukk bout his kids or his bytches (you can’t tell by the way its written. It seems like he actually does care, but his actions are too dubious).

smh

but if you liked this series but haven’t read his Conan books then read his Conan books. I think he did a way better job with Conan. At least I liked his Conan MC. Conan had some damn sense. Not Rand Al’Thor.

Isn’t that the point though, that Rand was already tainted therefore altered. Plus with everything that occurred to him he was bound to be a little...different.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The hell you talking bout man this shyt way more violent than Game of Thrones. Also, the MC kill count is fukking ridiculous. He’s killed people in some fukked up ways that don’t even compare to Game of Thrones.

and don’t forget what he did to that castle with Balefire because he could not be bothered with trying to figure out who was who........

Straight up murdering innocents out of laziness. That’s our hero. Smfh

and he has 3 hoes. Pimp.

Edit: Don’t forget this is the same author who wrote a couple Conan books. This dude even went to War College in real life.

Your going into spoilers. I PURPOSEFULLY avoided spoilers.

Also the six MAIN characters have plot armor (you know who they are) which didn’t exactly exist in GOT.

There’s nothing as fukked up as the Red Wedding in WOT. When I say violence I mean graphic depictions of deaths, rapes, ect. That wasn’t Robert Jordan’s style. YES of course fukked up shyt happened but the way its depicted isn’t as explicit or sadistic and it doesn’t need to be. There’s no Ramsay Bolton’s running around torturing muthafukkas for fun and cutting off their dikks.

Its actually the Main Character who suffers the most physically and mentally throughout the series. What he did to that castle was more a result of an almost complete mental breakdown than a desire for cruelty.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

smh

I’m trying NOT to spoil shyt but as I said before, of the 6-7 main characters FIVE of them come from the two river. So thats plot armor for a grand portion of the series plotline.

And Rand was actually pretty smart. He’s one of my favorite protagonists because he dealt with sooooo much shyt and pretty much had to learn on his own in a world where 50% of the world feared him and the other 50% wanted to control him. Rand literally got ALL his shyt from out the mud, and dealt with a mental breakdown as well as physical wounds that would have crippled anyone else.

Plus he wasn’t a simp, bossed up several times, and the ending was actually pretty hopeful. He already KNEW that he was going to end up with all three of them. They were bonded. There wasn’t anywhere in the world he could go where they weren’t a hop/skip away. The man earned a little vacation lol.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What's the budget for this?

One of the GOAT moments in fantasy novels for me is the end of lord of chaos. My book readers know what I'm talking about. I'm worried they can't pull this off on TV

Bro i’m just waiting for THAT SCENE in Winter’s Heart to get filmed! I know we’re a ways away but Jordan wrote that shyt MASTERFULLY

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Isn’t that the point though, that Rand was already tainted therefore altered. Plus with everything that occurred to him he was bound to be a little...different.
Yeah main characters are supposed to go through a lot of shyt, I know. I ain’t really like him near the end though. Matt and Perrin are my nikkas tho.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Your going into spoilers. I PURPOSEFULLY avoided spoilers.

Also the six MAIN characters have plot armor (you know who they are) which didn’t exactly exist in GOT.

There’s nothing as fukked up as the Red Wedding in WOT. When I say violence I mean graphic depictions of deaths, rapes, ect. That wasn’t Robert Jordan’s style. YES of course fukked up shyt happened but the way its depicted isn’t as explicit or sadistic and it doesn’t need to be. There’s no Ramsay Bolton’s running around torturing muthafukkas for fun and cutting off their dikks.

Its actually the Main Character who suffers the most physically and mentally throughout the series. What he did to that castle was more a result of an almost complete mental breakdown than a desire for cruelty.
Whatchu mean that ain’t his style? You ain’t read his Conan books? And peeps did get raped. bytches got kidnapped, hypnotised into marriage. Dudes got raped but by women so thats not so bad.

The author fought in Vietnam, he purposely chose not to go too deep into describing graphic violence but instead gave just enough to be left up to imagination. Them damn books would be even bigger than they already are if he got too detailed.

He was more interested in writing about what soldiers felt during battle and how they coped with loss etc, realistic shyt basically. And tactics.

6 main?

morraine
Lan
Egwene
Perrin
Matt
Rand

didnt the first 3 die and the last two also died but came back to life? Only Perrin has true plot armor.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I’m trying NOT to spoil shyt but as I said before, of the 6-7 main characters FIVE of them come from the two river. So thats plot armor for a grand portion of the series plotline.

And Rand was actually pretty smart. He’s one of my favorite protagonists because he dealt with sooooo much shyt and pretty much had to learn on his own in a world where 50% of the world feared him and the other 50% wanted to control him. Rand literally got ALL his shyt from out the mud, and dealt with a mental breakdown as well as physical wounds that would have crippled anyone else.

Plus he wasn’t a simp, bossed up several times, and the ending was actually pretty hopeful. He already KNEW that he was going to end up with all three of them. They were bonded. There wasn’t anywhere in the world he could go where they weren’t a hop/skip away. The man earned a little vacation lol.
yeah he had to figure out a lot of shyt by himself which is partially whats so ironic about that Balefire scene with the castle. Dude just gave up at that point. :mjlol:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I read a lot of books but that Balefire scene left a huge impression on me. Never seen anything like it in all of media.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Bro i’m just waiting for THAT SCENE in Winter’s Heart to get filmed! I know we’re a ways away but Jordan wrote that shyt MASTERFULLY
This book had a lot of dope scenes. Are you talking about near the end with what they did with them statues?

what trips me out bout this book is that i thought it was gonna wrap up fast after that

then he pulled a Metal Gear Solid 3 move with the ending that just wouldn’t end.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Whatchu mean that ain’t his style? You ain’t read his Conan books? And peeps did get raped. bytches got kidnapped, hypnotised into marriage. Dudes got raped but by women so thats not so bad.

The author fought in Vietnam, he purposely chose not to go too deep into describing graphic violence but instead gave just enough to be left up to imagination. Them damn books would be even bigger than they already are if he got too detailed.

He was more interested in writing about what soldiers felt during battle and how they coped with loss etc, realistic shyt basically. And tactics.

6 main?

morraine
Lan
Egwene
Perrin
Matt
Rand

didnt the first 3 die and the last two also died but came back to life? Only Perrin has true plot armor.

I didn’t read his Conan books and I have no idea whatsoever why you keep bringing them up. Conan is Conan. WOT is WOT

And again, GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS of violence and rape were not a mainstay of WOT the way they were in GOT. I never said the stuff didn’t happen. I said its not as gruesome or gratuitous as in GOT.

Men being raped by women is JUST as bad as the opposite by the way. Rape is rape. Period.

Also again your going into spoiler territory AGAIN but Moiraine isn’t a main character past a certain point in the novels. So I don’t count her.

the MAIN characters are

Rand
Egwene
Perrin
Matt
Elayne
Nynaeve
Lan

Characters like Loial, Moiraine, Siuan, Morgase, Gawyn, Min, Aviendha, Logain, and Galad are what I consider supporting characters. Although I wouldn’t argue too much if you wanted to go ahead and throw Moiraine into the “starting lineup” so to speak, as she’s sort of the narrative lynchpin for the story. But once Rand starts finding his footing she’s not really a factor.

Also regarding plot armor. If you die in the one chapter and come back in the very NEXT chapter I consider that plot armor. If you are faced with harrowing death sequences where by all rights you SHOULD have died but “”fate” intervenes because you have a higher purpose, thats plot armor. All 7 of those characters have plot armor until the very end, and Robert Jordan wasn’t necessarily trying to hide it. Juxtapose that with GOT where the audience was genuinely surprised when Eddard was beheaded or Robb was slaughtered. That doesn’t happen in WOT