The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This book had a lot of dope scenes. Are you talking about near the end with what they did with them statues?

what trips me out bout this book is that i thought it was gonna wrap up fast after that

then he pulled a Metal Gear Solid 3 move with the ending that just wouldn’t end.

I’m talking about the statues.

The whole book is probably my favorite of the series tied with the third book Dragon Reborn. Just masterful storytelling. Robert Jordan was a HELL of a writer when he was in his bag

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Based on an epic series of High Fantasy novels

Predates GOT

Basically in this world both men and women can use gender specific forms of magic, however a tragedy happened that tainted the male half of the magic that turns any man who channels his magic dangerously insane, so when the story begins only women can use magic safely and it has been this way for hundreds of years. Any man who is found with the ability to use magic is taken by an order of women known as Aes Sedai and “gentled” (meaning they have their connection to the power forcibly ripped away from them) this eventually causes those men to go mad with grief and many kill themselves in depression.

When the story begins one of the members of the Aes Sedai is on the search for “The Dragon Reborn” who is a prophecied male hero who can utilize magic and will save the world from the “Dark One” (basically Satan). This Aes Sedai finds candidates amongst three young men from a simple farming village, and together with two young women also from the village, they embark on an epic quest where each of their destinies holds the fate of the world on the tip of a precariously balanced scale…

Thats all I can type without spoilers. Just know that there’s a shyt load of magic, heroism, romance, betrayal, and action. The series spanned 14 books. The author, Robert Jordan, died before the release of the final novel but left detailed notes with his wife and they chose another author named Brandon Sanderson to complete the book, but upon seeing how massive the quantity of notes were, he split the final volume into three.

some loose cliff notes

-Not as violent as Game Of Thrones and some characters do have a form of “plot armor” but thats the because the themes of destiny and reincarnation are utilized HEAVILY throughout the novels

- The society in the books is a lot more “female dominant” due to women being able to freely utilize magic whilst men cannot. This does NOT cheapen the male characters but it puts the men and women on equal standing. There are female warriors, soldiers, adventurers in addition to Queens and Princesses.

-The magic system is really unique and the differences between the men magic users and the female magic users are pretty cool.

-One of the big mysteries in the novels is figuring out how to “cleanse” the male half of the magic so that men can once again utilize it freely. I cannot WAIT to see this play out on screen!

-Its a pretty racially diverse world. Full of what would be considered white, black, Asian, and Native American raced characters. There should be NO problems with diversity that Game Of Thrones had.

:ohhh: Holy shyt this sounds like piff

are the books easy to digest/get through?
I know some fantasy books can be dense

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Its dense as fukk bro.

What i wrote only scratches the surface because i’m trying to not get into spoilers but there the main characters PLUS at least 10 more important supplementary characters who have POV narratives in the novels. Add on to that another 6-7 supplemental characters who are important but don’t have POV’s. THEN you have to figure in certain characters who are reincarnations of OTHER important characters and the shyt gets quite epic in scope.

Thats not even mentioning the BAD GUYS. Or the dual tiered magic system (which becomes a TRIPLE Tiered system later on) the kingdom spanning battles. The political intrigue. The romance. The undercurrent of Men Vs Women. The psychological effects of what it means to be “the chosen one”. Mental illness. Sexual coercion. Etc….

It gets deep breh

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Its dense as fukk bro.

What i wrote only scratches the surface because i’m trying to not get into spoilers but there the main characters PLUS at least 10 more important supplementary characters who have POV narratives in the novels. Add on to that another 6-7 supplemental characters who are important but don’t have POV’s. THEN you have to figure in certain characters who are reincarnations of OTHER important characters and the shyt gets quite epic in scope.

Thats not even mentioning the BAD GUYS. Or the dual tiered magic system (which becomes a TRIPLE Tiered system later on) the kingdom spanning battles. The political intrigue. The romance. The undercurrent of Men Vs Women. The psychological effects of what it means to be “the chosen one”. Mental illness. Sexual coercion. Etc….

It gets deep breh

WOT > GOT easily

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

There's a gazillion characters, all that play some role - or pop up later, but what I love is that the tone shifts for each character's POV. One character's journey plays like an action/comedy, one's is a psychological thriller, another's story is Game of Thrones (Houses).

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Its dense as fukk bro.

It gets deep breh

There's a gazillion characters, all that play some role - or pop up later, but what I love is that the tone shifts for each character's POV. One character's journey plays like an action/comedy, one's is a psychological thriller, another's story is Game of Thrones (Houses).

:ohhh: I might cop the first book and see if it’s for me

thanks brehs :salute:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Your absolutely right.

The crazy thing is that throughout the series Rand is the only one who goes through ALL of those scenarios

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just to point out how crazy the series is, the main character (Rand) isn't even in one of the early books. He's at the beginning, disappears, then pops up at the end.. You never even notice.

And thats one of my FAVORITE books of the series too. Because when he DOES show up at the end shyt gets TOO REAL:banderas: