The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Mostly throwing out the books was the best decision they made with the show. This season was excellent, and while some of the episodes did stray a bit off the story, they managed to bring it back into fold.

They still need to get a handle of keeping track of the characters tho.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Is this season worth a look? Watch the first season and read most of the books
Yup. Instead of dancing between trying to stay faithful to the book and doing their own thing, like they did for season 1, they went with their own thing...and the show is better for it.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I thought Daario recasting was rough but this Mat recast is even wilder. Guy looks like he would get arrested at a Millwall - West Ham match for screaming racial slurs :picard:
Nynaeve is the James Harden of the squad. She choked through the whole playoffs and then shot 10% in the season finale :scust:

They have all types of elaborate names, languages and cultures but then they just tell Perrin that he's a Wolf Brother :mjlol:

Back in the magical medieval time they already had buccal fat removal surgery, strong chinned women all over the place :skip:

Huge deal was made of the Heroes of the Horn, super slow motion and huge hype for that battle but then Lan beats the same amount enemies by himself on the beach :heh:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They were doing great until that last episode.
Now I’m back on side of the book readers who hate it.

They’ve got one more season from me to figure this out before they lose me.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Book 1 I didn’t love, book 2 got better and by book 4 I was really invested.

Second season looked much better but I felt like I couldn’t even remember what happened in the books they glanced over so much on that speed dial.
Most of that ish they threw out, anyway. I was watchin like "NONE of this ish happened in the book. But I'm loving it."

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
So do all of the forsaken have a special power? Seems one can use spider webs, the black hair lady can jump into dreams, but what was the Ishmael guy power?

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
So do all of the forsaken have a special power? Seems one can use spider webs, the black hair lady can jump into dreams, but what was the Ishmael guy power?
Ishmael is strongest of the Forsaken. He just let himself get killed. Their all mages just like aei sedai just on steroids

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Whether good or bad—season one at least moved a story forward. I gave season two a chance because people seemed to like it in this thread, but the story just meanders in season two. Season two relies on so many conventional writing tropes: oh no the shady person is evil, oh no everyone everyone is scattered to the wind, oh no someone got captured and we gotta save ‘em, oh no another shady person is shady, and so on.

Characters like Nynaeve in this show also irritate the shyt outta me. I think the actress is bad, but beyond that she’s the powerless powered person trope and it’s dull and uninspired.

5/10 season rating from me.