The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I think I disliked s1 so much is because they half tried to stay true to the story and half tried to make it easier to consume. Adaptations should never do both. S2 they straight up don't give a fukk. My only issues are Rand and Matt being pointless. I keep forgetting they on this show. I fukk with these witches storyline.

Low key, take Rand and Matt out and not much would change:francis: Hell turning them into villains for a while would significantly improve their characters.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think I disliked s1 so much is because they half tried to stay true to the story and half tried to make it easier to consume. Adaptations should never do both. S2 they straight up don't give a fukk. My only issues are Rand and Matt being pointless. I keep forgetting they on this show. I fukk with these witches storyline.

Low key, take Rand and Matt out and not much would change:francis: Hell turning them into villains for a while would significantly improve their characters.

Yeah, I'm noticing that too. And not just them, damn near everyone except Nynaeve...who so far has been the best character...is pretty much forgotten at times. They seem to lose track of all of the characters they've introduced, so I hope that they're able to reel them all in soon...especially Rand.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps

not to go all anti-woke or w/e but I really think they're afraid to go in on Rand's story since they seem to be really selling the show to women/as a woman power story but it's like...he's the dragon so you gonna have to get to it eventually

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
not to go all anti-woke or w/e but I really think they're afraid to go in on Rand's story since they seem to be really selling the show to women/as a woman power story but it's like...he's the dragon so you gonna have to get to it eventually

Not familiar with the original books, but the moment in this episode when he started glowing was a moment that I felt they were turning him into a real "chosen one". Maybe its just me, but I felt the focus of the show shifting to him :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Yeah, I'm noticing that too. And not just them, damn near everyone except Nynaeve...who so far has been the best character...is pretty much forgotten at times. They seem to lose track of all of the characters they've introduced, so I hope that they're able to reel them all in soon...especially Rand.

The reason why Rand and Matt are so lame is because they, and I can’t stress this enough, are going OUT OF THEY’RE WAY TO shyt ON THE ESTABLISHED SOURCE MATERIAL. They’re tethering Rand to Moiraine in a manner in which he NEVER was in the books and they’re making Matt a wandering, ambitiousless little bytch. Its disgusting how they’re gimping these characters, two of the most interesting characters IN series with two of the most epic storylines.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The reason why Rand and Matt are so lame is because they, and I can’t stress this enough, are going OUT OF THEY’RE WAY TO shyt ON THE ESTABLISHED SOURCE MATERIAL. They’re tethering Rand to Moiraine in a manner in which he NEVER was in the books and they’re making Matt a wandering, ambitiousless little bytch. Its disgusting how they’re gimping these characters, two of the most interesting characters IN series with two of the most epic storylines.
I'm liking it. I just finished episode 6 and it was great, as well. They seem to have made a decision on the direction they're going with this series, and by throwing out the books for this season, it allows it to flow better than the quarter adaptation/half made up thing they did with season 1.

At this point, I don't think they're purposely shytting on the books. I think they're taking the beats of the cultures in the book and telling a "choosen few" story that is at least matching the tone. Now, shafting (Loial, Mat & Rand...others) and favoring (Moraine & Liandrin easily) certain characters, they're definitely doing...but for this season, it seems to be for the purpose of the story...to perhaps bring this back around.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Told yall. Toss all that nerdy “I’m a fan of the books” bullshyt to the side and this is an entertaining show :pachaha:

No disrespect to the fans of the books :whoa: but yall brehs need to come into this shyt just thinking it’s a whole different take with names yall know. That’s it. The stories yall like will still live in them books.

Enjoy the piff :salute: