The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
All caught up, I’m enjoying the story and characters :ehh:

finally they can stop trying to swerve the viewer about who the dragon is

I think the pacing is way too fast and things aren’t allowed to breathe but it’s not a bad show

Think I’m going to buy the book soon to see what’s different

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Man they microwaved the Nyn -Lan relationship so it's not substantial, it's just kinda there. Other than that, the episode was pretty good, finally dropping the weakest game of Guess Who? known to mankind should allow for more focus on the actual plot points.

It's not as if they aren't already guaranteed another season, slow the fukk down & let some of this cook.

:russ: For real, a couple of conversations and they supposedly have a deep bond now?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
finally they can stop trying to swerve the viewer about who the dragon is

I think the pacing is way too fast and things aren’t allowed to breathe but it’s not a bad show

My main issue with the show, I get they want to cover a lot of material from the books, but the execution hasn't been the best. Along with the fact I don't really find any of the characters that dynamic/entertaining to watch on a scene by scene basis. Plus I haven't seen the secret sauce yet, that would separate this from any other fantasy series or make it appeal to someone who isn't a hardcore fan of the genre or already in love with the source material.

I do hope whoever the Dark Force or King they are set to do battle with is compelling. The show could use a scenery chewing or menacing villain.

I thought book readers were swerving w/the chosen one talk, as I thought the choice was going to be less conventional.

On a positive note, I did like the opening to the episode :ehh:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
My main issue with the show, I get they want to cover a lot of material from the books, but the execution hasn't been the best. Along with the fact I don't really find any of the characters that dynamic/entertaining to watch on a scene by scene basis. Plus I haven't seen the secret sauce yet, that would separate this from any other fantasy series or make it appeal to someone who isn't a hardcore fan of the genre or already in love with the source material.

I do hope whoever the Dark Force or King they are set to do battle with is compelling. The show could use a scenery chewing or menacing villain.

I thought book readers were swerving w/the chosen one talk, as I thought the choice was going to be less conventional.

On a positive note, I did like the opening to the episode :ehh:
The first book was very much a carbon copy of the lord of the rings . I think once they get past this season it will open the world a lot lord and become more compelling .

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Solid episode. That spear/swordplay in the cold opening was really good, hopefully other fight scenes maintain this level of choreography.
Absolutely fluid choreography that really cemented how dangerous the Aiel are & she was inhibited by childbirth. Extremely well done.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I really enjoy the show. Everything is just moving so fast.

The beginning scene of this last episode was :blessed:

The reveal was eh but I guess I’ll take it.

I don’t know how much longer book fans can take it. They are outraged all over the internet
:russ:
Lord, that reveal of the dragon reborn was such a let down, especially when one compares it to the reveal of Nynaeve's ability to channel.

What are they outraged at? For me, I've been grudgingly accepting of the changes the showrunners have been making but them making Perrin have non-platonic feelings for Egwene and setting up a love triangle is a bit much.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I kept yelling at the tv telling Rand mother to raise her veil:russ:but that was a ill ass fight to open the ep.

If they wanted to bring attention to Perrin’s enhanced eyesight they should have had him spot a Trolloc, not notice a fukking rock that’s been scratched up. “Wait, there’s something up ahead”. I was expecting something a little more dramatic:stopitslime:

The chick playing Minn looks old as shyt

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yoo what in THE fukk are these showrunners thinking:mindblown:

What in the CW Channel HELL was that bullshyt love triangle they put Perrin/Rand/Egwene in?!?!:wtf: It made absolutely NO sense whatsoever and doesn’t make Rand, Egwene, or Perrin more interesting characters at ALL.

They are REALLY butchering Perrin’s character. Like it makes absolutely no sense why the completely have destroyed not only his character, but future arc for the character as well.

And the fact that they keep going so far from the source material is insane. Robert Jordan was a genius level fantasy writer. He GAVE these showrunners and writers a style for them to run with and their just acting like the books barely exist. Moiraine, Lan, and Naynaeve are pretty much ok. But the bullshyt their pulling with Mat, Rand, Egwene, and Perrin is absolutely ridiculous.

I’m starting to become very afraid that shyt is about to be Chronicles Of Shannara or Legend Of The Seeker levels of bad instead of Game Of Thrones levels of great. Their absolutely destroying these characters. It absurd!

The “reveal” was rushed and terrible. There shouldn’t have even been a “guessing game” to begin with. All of these changes are for the worse. ALL of them.

The best part of the episode was Tigraine fighting on the slopes of Dragonmount and giving birth to Rand.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Yoo what in THE fukk are these showrunners thinking:mindblown:

What in the CW Channel HELL was that bullshyt love triangle they put Perrin/Rand/Egwene in?!?!:wtf: It made absolutely NO sense whatsoever and doesn’t make Rand, Egwene, or Perrin more interesting characters at ALL.

They are REALLY butchering Perrin’s character. Like it makes absolutely no sense why the completely have destroyed not only his character, but future arc for the character as well.

And the fact that they keep going so far from the source material is insane. Robert Jordan was a genius level fantasy writer. He GAVE these showrunners and writers a style for them to run with and their just acting like the books barely exist. Moiraine, Lan, and Naynaeve are pretty much ok. But the bullshyt their pulling with Mat, Rand, Egwene, and Perrin is absolutely ridiculous.

I’m starting to become very afraid that shyt is about to be Chronicles Of Shannara or Legend Of The Seeker levels of bad instead of Game Of Thrones levels of great. Their absolutely destroying these characters. It absurd!

The “reveal” was rushed and terrible. There shouldn’t have even been a “guessing game” to begin with. All of these changes are for the worse. ALL of them.

The best part of the episode was Tigraine fighting on the slopes of Dragonmount and giving birth to Rand.
That's what is getting me, they have filet mignon in literature but they're hellbent on making a McDouble with all these deviations. You see flashes of something great & then they get back on some unnecessary bullshyt like a love triangle.

:mjlol: @ how old Min looks.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not familiar with the books, in fact, I didn't know anything about this universe until the amazon show and it's pretty evident it's the red head dude. they're not even being coy about it :yeshrug:

just his name alone sounds like he's destined for grander things, and he has all the heroic traits and mannerisms most "children of prophecy" usually do in these fantasy worlds

I'd bet my house it's him

:yeshrug: