The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Moraine says don’t listen to Black Wind because everything it says is a lie but then during the reveal they show the Black Wind telling Rand he’s the DR. That’s just sloppy writing.

At its highest point so far this show has been just above mid. And there haven’t been many of those high points. Next season is not an automatic watch for me right now. Hopefully the finale doesn’t disappoint as well.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At no point does she say the black wind lies. her words are:

"Machin Shin will speak to you. do not listen"

later on she says:

"whatever it was you heard in the wind. put it out of your mind"

I get that brehs have issues, but let's not make up things just for the sake of being critical :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That's what is getting me, they have filet mignon in literature but they're hellbent on making a McDouble with all these deviations. You see flashes of something great & then they get back on some unnecessary bullshyt like a love triangle.

:mjlol: @ how old Min looks.

Min looks like she’s 40 years old and they also got her personality HELLA wrong.

This entire episode angered me. Especially because i’m on a re-read of the series now. These muthafukkas had ONE job. ONE goddamn job. Adapt the books to screen. Game Of Thrones did a great job until they ran out of material and all they had to do was follow that blueprint tonally. Instead their turning one of the greatest fantasy series of ALL TIME into a CW series. I can’t BELIEVE Robert Jordan’s widow signed off on this shyt. I couldn’t for the life of me see Jordan agreeing with how they are interpreting Perrin & Mat. They straight BUTCHERED the characters.

The entire tone of the series is off because their focusing on bullshyt like forcing characters into a love triangle instead of mining the drama and tension that was already present in the books. This shyt is awful

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
At no point does she say the black wind lies. her words are:

"Machin Shin will speak to you. do not listen"

later on she says:

"whatever it was you heard in the wind. put it out of your mind"

I get that brehs have issues, but let's not make up things just for the sake of being critical :yeshrug:

If I’m wrong then I’m wrong. I thought she said it was lies. That makes it better if she didn’t say that.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Rand's mama was a beast with them spears
Can't wait till we get fully into the Aiel, hope they don't half ass it
Min was awful lol. Some characters they do a good job and some miss terribly
Overall some things I like, some things I don't
Still interested in the show
I need to reread the books cause I forgot hella shyt

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
show isn't GOT tier or anything, but i've been quite satisfied so far. the first three didn't really have me sold, but the 4th episode was fantastic and i've been in since.

:ehh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
oh and i'm still enjoying it. sucks for you fans of the books

not knowing the source material and enjoying the adaption gang = all wins 0 losses

:salute:

I'm avoiding clicking on spoilers, but I'm really GLAD I'm totally unfamiliar with the source material so I can just accept this as it is.

Moraine says don’t listen to Black Wind because everything it says is a lie but then during the reveal they show the Black Wind telling Rand he’s the DR. That’s just sloppy writing.

At its highest point so far this show has been just above mid. And there haven’t been many of those high points. Next season is not an automatic watch for me right now. Hopefully the finale doesn’t disappoint as well.
They said Moiraine can't lie, they didn't say she couldn't be wrong. So, I don't see how this is "sloppy writing". If she thinks she's telling the truth she's not lying.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I really hope they keep it as Aginor at the Eye & not Ishmael, much less some actual avatar of the Dark One. They wouldn't possibly fukk that up that badly though, right?

I'm not betting on the Green Man either. Ugh, so much unnecessary shyt has changed that I can't even tell what's in or out.

@Ziggiy :sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I really hope they keep it as Aginor at the Eye & not Ishmael, much less some actual avatar of the Dark One. They wouldn't possibly fukk that up that badly though, right?

I'm not betting on the Green Man either. Ugh, so much unnecessary shyt has changed that I can't even tell what's in or out.

@Ziggiy :sadcam:

Breh at this point i’m expecting

A transgendered Lanfear to be The Dark One and Elayne fights her using Callandor while Rand dices the Aelfinn for the right to marry Alanna in the Three Fold Land.

I mean why not right? These writers OBVIOUSLY think they can do better than Robert Jordan. So just go fukking nuts

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm avoiding clicking on spoilers, but I'm really GLAD I'm totally unfamiliar with the source material so I can just accept this as it is.

They said Moiraine can't lie, they didn't say she couldn't be wrong. So, I don't see how this is "sloppy writing". If she thinks she's telling the truth she's not lying.

The Aes Sedai can't lie, but they slant the truth. They're never 100% truthful, and manipulative AF. Several characters have already pointed that out.

I don't mind the direction the series is going in, it's just too fast and half the characters are wrong. I think Mat 1 was great. We know his story isn't over, so I'm hoping Mat 2 can keep it up that energy. Parts of Egwene are good, but there's not enough of her...or her playing off of the others enough. She has an interesting personality that comes out mostly around the rest of the crew, and they've only shown a glimpse so far. They're building an entire plotline, and spinoffs over some throw away lines in the book, that never materialize. I didn't hate Perrin in Book 1, but he wasn't a favorite. They have the focus on the wrong things, so my main problem is that the story doesn't need the typical TV Tropes shown. The books have a specific focus, and moves at an interesting pace while covering around 200 different POVs to world build. You can cut out the other 190 characters POVs, or at least give some of their tasks to others. You don't have to switch the ish between the ones already present.

As for those that were actually playing the guessing game of the Dragon Reborn, were you surprised or right with your selection?