The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Pillow friends was a term thrown around in the books but I never took it to mean licky licky :mjlol:
That's because he never made any explicit scenes or added any details to it in the books, it's implied. Now outside the books, at conventions and whatever he gets really clear what he intended it to mean.

Pillow friends

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The last episode was the best of the season though I feel they made a weird choice with Mat

I know the OG actor for Mat is being replaced but him being healed of the Dagger’s influence and staying behind basically changes the character’s ENTIRE arc for the first half of the books. I don’t know what their plan is but it better be a good one because Mat ends up being one of the books most important characters but certain things HAVE to happen in order to get him there.

Also I don’t like the prospect of changing “The Bore” at Shayol Ghul to The Eye Of The World. The Bore is very important both plot wise and thematically to the entirety of the WOT mythology.

All in all the showrunners are playing a dangerous game with all of these changes. The fact that the series is actually finished means they don’t have “Game Of Thrones” excuse of making shyt up just for the hell of it. With two episodes left I guess we’ll see

But maybe
they can shift where he attempts to leave in the books to now. It's not that far off, but shift merge it with the Camelyn stuff to reset the course,

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Just the Messenger fam.:mjlol:

Let's not indulge Fox-style pretenses at journalism and at least try to have honest conversations in good faith.

So, we return to the critical question that this show will face again and again: how much can you take out, change, repurpose for pandering purposes...before it stops being what it is?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed the books but they didn’t reel me in like ASOIAF did so the changes don’t bother me too much.

One big one tho that I haven’t seen mentioned so far is Morraine being able to open travel portals. Introducing it so early just Leads to questions we should all be asking. Why didn’t she make a portal to get out of the 2 Rivers? Why not open 1 to hurry up and get Logain to the White Tower? Why do they need the Waize now if she can open portals. That was just a terrible decision IMO.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I enjoyed the books but they didn’t reel me in like ASOIAF did so the changes don’t bother me too much.

One big one tho that I haven’t seen mentioned so far is Morraine being able to open travel portals. Introducing it so early just Leads to questions we should all be asking. Why didn’t she make a portal to get out of the 2 Rivers? Why not open 1 to hurry up and get Logain to the White Tower? Why do they need the Waize now if she can open portals. That was just a terrible decision IMO.
Obviously it’s not a portal.

It’s a sa’angreal. I suggest we don’t talk much about this because both haven’t been mentioned in the show yet .

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

They just changed the Ways, which is very retarded. So instead of giant Ogier built doors, it's some One Power operated portal into the Ways.

Again, retardation but some people are enjoying the changes, so it's whatever.

Wheel Of Time's Moiraine & Siuane Sanche Change Is Better Than The Books

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
They just changed the Ways, which is very retarded. So instead of giant Ogier built doors, it's some One Power operated portal into the Ways.

Again, retardation but some people are enjoying the changes, so it's whatever.

Wheel Of Time's Moiraine & Siuane Sanche Change Is Better Than The Books
Nah I’m not talking about the Ways. When she went to Siuane’s room she opened a portal. At first I thought it was the dream world but Lan had mentioned her dampening the bond so he wouldn’t know where she was.