The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This thread is going to be rough for those of us who are unspoiled :mjcry:.

One small request: When spoilertagging stuff, make a note if it's a book spoiler or a show spoiler. Too many hints out there about who we should be looking at to be the "chosen one".

The Chosen One isn't even hard to figure out. I had a friend that watched all 4 in a row, and she said I really hope it's not that obvious who the Chosen One is. She was like, well, I'm gonna say it's between A & B but I'm really hoping it's B because A is too obvious. It's no secret, so I don't know why they're dancing around it. If you seen/read any type of "The One" type series, you already know. I think the show will move better once they throw that side plotline in the bushes.

Not really a spoiler, but an oh-too-familiar trope.
Hell, in the book, they give you the backstory of the Dragon in the prologue, then immediately introduce one of the ta'veren, so you instantly know, even though they still slightly attempt the guessing game for the entire book 1.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The Chosen One isn't even hard to figure out. I had a friend that watched all 4 in a row, and she said I really hope it's not that obvious who the Chosen One is. She was like, well, I'm gonna say it's between A & B but I'm really hoping it's B because A is too obvious. It's no secret, so I don't know why they're dancing around it. If you seen/read any type of "The One" type series, you already know. I think the show will move better once they throw that side plotline in the bushes.

Not really a spoiler, but an oh-too-familiar trope.
Hell, in the book, they give you the backstory of the Dragon in the prologue, then immediately introduce one of the ta'veren, so you instantly know, even though they still slightly attempt the guessing game for the entire book 1.

Not going to click on the spoiler.
I think I actually figured it out within the first few minutes of when the introduced the concept in the pilot...but I know shows nowadays like twists for the sake of twists so I still don't want to be spoiled.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Not going to click on the spoiler.
I think I actually figured it out within the first few minutes of when the introduced the concept in the pilot...but I know shows nowadays like twists for the sake of twists so I still don't want to be spoiled.

Don't worry, I didn't say who, but only said what and how the trope is used, similar to how you just mentioned it. So in your case I understand.

But, I think the show keeping up the guessing game for the sake of keeping it up slows it a bit. There's far too many characters, and plotlines to keep up this one that's completely irrelevant to the story. And the book spoils it on page 1, without actually telling you who it is, confirms it midway through, and still keeps up a fake guessing game after.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I fukk with Child Valda. Dudes a psycho. His 360s got me dying. You know his du-rag is white too.

I was expecting Loiol to be bigger but they got his character down pat. 30 seconds and I was thinking he talk too much.

I know they’re limited in what they can do with wolves but those wolf scenes are still horrible IMO. And Perrin walking like Frankenstein’s monster when Egwane freed him was a stupid decision. They should have changed that.

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
I knew they was going to cast a Black man for Loiol:francis:A lot of shyt is changed in this story but it hope it pays off. Sanderson is attached to this and Im hoping he can get a Mistborn series from this. Its so much cheaper to be faithful to Mistborn than it is to WoT. I have a feeling this will get dropped after season 3...or they'll rush through the books.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Why did the dude playing Mat get recast exactly? He is the standout actor along with Perrin.

Eamon Valda is looking to be the new Joffrey, hope he remains a long while.

There are only speculations are floating about, the exact reason is still very much a mystery.

The one rumor I've seen repeated a couple times is that amazon is kinda fast tracking the show schedule and shooting wise and that actor didn't realize how much time he was gonna have to be committed to this. I know they're already halfway through shooting s2 but with how well this has been received they'll probably be well into s3 shoot by time we see any of that footage.