The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Ya'll spent the whole first 3 pages light spoiler-ing it up (not cool) so now I know who the reborn dragon is (I'm on episode 2). It was kinda obvious but was hoping they'd pull a twist and make it

Mat Cauthon or Perrin

For the sake of a switch up.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Anyone else hear that whistling at the beginning of Episode 5? Creeped the fukk out of me.

Episode 5 spoilers ahead:

I was expecting Loiol to be bigger but they got his character down pat. 30 seconds and I was thinking he talk too much.

I loved that entrance, had no idea something like that was gonna pop up and I can see him being a great addition.

Favorite part was that the episode is basically every single human failing in every single endeavor from beginning to end, yet Rand doesn't expect anything from the Ogre and BAM he produces the goods out of nowhere.

FYI - this is the brother that's playing him:

And Perrin walking like Frankenstein’s monster when Egwane freed him was a stupid decision. They should have changed that.
Cut the breh some slack man. He's been tied in place being tortured for a full day and his back/legs gotta be all sorts of stiff. I look pretty much the same if I've been driving too long lol.

I'm glad it seems he's finally figured out what's going on though. I know he's had other shyt on his mind but it took long enough for him to realize what he has.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I haven't even seen many spoilers from the book in this thread, other than name drops and locations...and at least history. I still haven't even finished the book series, so even I don't know the end. But other than the names that have already been listed on the casting sheets, there hasn't been anything that told of the key events in the story.

As for the chosen one, if you've ever seen any type of fantasy series, you at least have it narrowed down to 2. That's generous, because you should already know. The book spoils the chosen one on page 1, and then confirms it midway through in case you didn't catch on. Figuring out who the chosen one is is irrelevant to the story. The story isn't about that at all. So even if you know, you're just getting started.

The show has even already told you how it all ends.

Just saying that "what is going to happen is obvious" IS a spoiler.
Because, how would those of us who are unspoiled know that they were NOT going to throw some crazy twists at us?

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Actor playing Matt has been most impressive actor of the twin river 5. Sucks he’s leaving

Shows cool so far. Skipped half the damn book though. I’m all for diversity in these shows but it’s kinda distracting in this show. A melting pot of every race kinda doesn’t make sense. Small isolated villages having black, white, indian, asian people living together is weird

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Actor playing Matt has been most impressive actor of the twin river 5. Sucks he’s leaving

Shows cool so far. Skipped half the damn book though. I’m all for diversity in these shows but it’s kinda distracting in this show. A melting pot of every race kinda doesn’t make sense. Small isolated villages having black, white, indian, asian people living together is weird

The "False Dragon" guy said that there were like 1000 incarnations of the Dragon. And we know that the last Dragon was 3000 years ago. So, if we take that literally, and if the "cycles" average thousands of years long, this is a world that has been going through all this destruction and rebirth for potentially millions of years.

It makes totally sense that the population is all mixed up.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Cut the breh some slack man. He's been tied in place being tortured for a full day and his back/legs gotta be all sorts of stiff. I look pretty much the same if I've been driving too long lol.

I'm glad it seems he's finally figured out what's going on though. I know he's had other shyt on his mind but it took long enough for him to realize what he has.
Yeah you right. I didn’t think of that.

Actor replacing the current Mat has his work cut out for him in season 2

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Just saying that "what is going to happen is obvious" IS a spoiler.
Because, how would those of us who are unspoiled know that they were NOT going to throw some crazy twists at us?

THIS.

Shows cool so far. Skipped half the damn book though.
If they're going to fit a 14-book series into 8 or so seasons, you're gonna have to skip a lot. The entire series is over 11,500 pages long, so you're talking about averaging maybe 150 pages per episode. Can't do that without skipping quite a lot.

I've heard speculation, though, that some major events they skipped are potentially just gonna be shifted to a later time. I don't know what events (no spoilers), just some reviewers speculating it can happen.

I’m all for diversity in these shows but it’s kinda distracting in this show. A melting pot of every race kinda doesn’t make sense. Small isolated villages having black, white, indian, asian people living together is weird

Just from what has been shared so far, it seems like the entire world is full of peoples whose homes were destroyed thousands of years ago in various events. "Weep for Manetheren" is about refugees whose home was destroyed thousands of years earlier. Lan Mandragoran mentions that he prays for "the home we lost", apparently the homeland his people lost some time in the distant past. The gypsy people have been wandering for thousands of years and lost their Song thousands of years ago. And who even knows what happened in this world's history for the thousands and thousands of years before that? It seems like human history is MUCH older there than it is here.

How would people not have spread out in that time? All those different refugees, from all those different cataclysmic events, having to leave their homes and start anew over and over. Makes sense to me that it would be pretty mixed up by this point. It would have been weirder if everyone was "pure-blooded" or whatever as if they had somehow stayed in racially segregated families that entire time, but they've done a pretty decent job of mixing in a bunch of mixed-race characters which adds believability to the situation.