The 'What Are You Playing?' 2017 Thread

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I'm a few hours into The Last of Us :ohlawd:

I'm making my way to the bridge right now -- loving this game. not too hard but its just beautiful and the story is amazing.

Gonna bear this then lay low until HZD and the Switch drops :obama:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just finished my Golden ending playthrough of Persona 4 Golden.
One of my favorite games I've ever played brehs. The hype is real :yes:
Final Tallies:
99 Hrs 46 Mins (This is only for the Golden ending playthrough. I played through 5 different endings. I certainly went above 100 hrs. overall)
Me - Level 95
Yosuke - Level 83
Chie - Level 81
Yukiko - Level 91
Rise - Level 96
Kanji - Level 86
Naoto - Level 88
Teddie - Level 83

Jack Frost was pretty much my go to. Think he was around level 84 when I was done. Was kind of weird to see Izanagi finish it as I barely used him after the video game dungeon, I think. Alsways kept him on hand though. eventually realized that Black Frost is even better than Jack though, so I used him on all the later bosses (still mostly used Karl throughout the dungeons though]. That nul fire and ice, repel darkness saved my ass. Had Black at around level 55 when I finshed. Also, used my baby Angel from time to time. She was around level 35 when done.
Some are estimated as I didn't check the levels before the final battle. I tried my best to balance it out and use everyone but I had to stick to certain combinations because I wanted the tag team attacks and cause Yukiko was my healer (GOAT healer btw) she was almost always in my party. I rarely died after like the 3rd dungeon or so cause of her and also smart strategy :jawalrus:. Maxing out Rise was huge too, none of you brehs mentioned that.
Out of the tougher bosses the only one I died on was the giant eye cause I wasn't ready for the giant eye laser attack the first time. fukked his world up in round 2 though. The Repaer was way harder than any of the bosses imo. I kind of fukked though hunting for him without Yukiko in my party. Made that fight way harder without my healer. Still got in that ass though :ufdup:
I never felt I was intentionally grinding but I always tried to fight every shadow I saw and uncover the entire map (save that weak ass Hollow Forest).

Crazy looking back at that prologue that had me bored as hell cause I just wanted to start the game (and I still stand by that it takes way too long for the actual game to start) and by the finale I was :noah: cause I didn't want it to end.

I loved all the characters. Teddie probably being my favorite, even with the bear puns. From how he went to some clueless giant plush to a perv was :russ: Apparently, the women in this game are a big deal too. Some stupid 'waifu wars' went down when the original came out. People argue over the dumbest shyt :why:

Cause we all know none of those other ladies are seeing Naoto. That sexy ass voice, that body :banderas:. I was right with Kanji like :unsure: questioning who I was until the obvious 'surprise' reveal. It's not even fukking close (my milf Margaret :wow: don't count though)

Hostile

All Star
Daps
I'm a few hours into The Last of Us :ohlawd:

I'm making my way to the bridge right now -- loving this game. not too hard but its just beautiful and the story is amazing.
The friendly a.i. running into/past enemies and shyt. :gucci: They gonna need to fix that in part II. Though it was funny at times.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
The friendly a.i. running into/past enemies and shyt. :gucci: They gonna need to fix that in part II. Though it was funny at times.
Yup
And they see me but they do not see them.
Henry and Sam and Ellie surviving outchea :gucci:

But I just got away from the hunters. Them nikkas gave me anxiety :noah:

How many hours do I have left :patrice:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished my Golden ending playthrough of Persona 4 Golden.
One of my favorite games I've ever played brehs. The hype is real :yes:
Final Tallies:
99 Hrs 46 Mins (This is only for the Golden ending playthrough. I played through 5 different endings. I certainly went above 100 hrs. overall)
Me - Level 95
Yosuke - Level 83
Chie - Level 81
Yukiko - Level 91
Rise - Level 96
Kanji - Level 86
Naoto - Level 88
Teddie - Level 83

Jack Frost was pretty much my go to. Think he was around level 84 when I was done. Was kind of weird to see Izanagi finish it as I barely used him after the video game dungeon, I think. Alsways kept him on hand though. eventually realized that Black Frost is even better than Jack though, so I used him on all the later bosses (still mostly used Karl throughout the dungeons though]. That nul fire and ice, repel darkness saved my ass. Had Black at around level 55 when I finshed. Also, used my baby Angel from time to time. She was around level 35 when done.
Some are estimated as I didn't check the levels before the final battle. I tried my best to balance it out and use everyone but I had to stick to certain combinations because I wanted the tag team attacks and cause Yukiko was my healer (GOAT healer btw) she was almost always in my party. I rarely died after like the 3rd dungeon or so cause of her and also smart strategy :jawalrus:. Maxing out Rise was huge too, none of you brehs mentioned that.
Out of the tougher bosses the only one I died on was the giant eye cause I wasn't ready for the giant eye laser attack the first time. fukked his world up in round 2 though. The Repaer was way harder than any of the bosses imo. I kind of fukked though hunting for him without Yukiko in my party. Made that fight way harder without my healer. Still got in that ass though :ufdup:
I never felt I was intentionally grinding but I always tried to fight every shadow I saw and uncover the entire map (save that weak ass Hollow Forest).

Crazy looking back at that prologue that had me bored as hell cause I just wanted to start the game (and I still stand by that it takes way too long for the actual game to start) and by the finale I was :noah: cause I didn't want it to end.

I loved all the characters. Teddie probably being my favorite, even with the bear puns. From how he went to some clueless giant plush to a perv was :russ: Apparently, the women in this game are a big deal too. Some stupid 'waifu wars' went down when the original came out. People argue over the dumbest shyt :why:

Cause we all know none of those other ladies are seeing Naoto. That sexy ass voice, that body :banderas:. I was right with Kanji like :unsure: questioning who I was until the obvious 'surprise' reveal. It's not even fukking close (my milf Margaret :wow: don't count though)
I had no problem with the start up. I know it's a JRPG and it's long so it taking a few hours to set up the story wasn't no big deal. It also wasn't an issue precisely because let's face it, there's not many other JRPGS that simply take place in a typically modern town in a small town in Japan with high school and daily life as the setting. most JRPGS are pretty much fantasy based. I was in love with the game the moment I entered Dojima's crib and watched the news with him and Nanako. shyt felt comfy as hell.

How'd you feel about the reveal of the real villain, Izanami? I was honestly blown away by how she was RIGHT under our nose the entire time. I never peeped how when it's raining she's still standing out there in the gas station but it just seemed normal. If it would've been simply Adachi the ending would've been weak but Izanmi and the whole lead up to the final battle was dope. I loved the ending.

You know you can fight Margaret right?
The battle with Margaret can only be attempted after several requirements have been met:

Once you have obtained the Orb of Sight from Igor, exit out of The Velvet Room and re-enter to find Margaret alone. She will give you the Aqua Invitation which says, "I will be waiting for you at Heaven's end. - Margaret"

Head to Heaven before the final dungeon to find Margaret on the tenth floor. Don't worry, no other bosses will be in the Dungeon.

Now onto Persona 5 tomorrow :troll: Damn that shyt would've came out tomorrow.

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I had no problem with the start up. I know it's a JRPG and it's long so it taking a few hours to set up the story wasn't no big deal. It also wasn't an issue precisely because let's face it, there's not many other JRPGS that simply take place in a typically modern town in a small town in Japan with high school and daily life as the setting. most JRPGS are pretty much fantasy based. I was in love with the game the moment I entered Dojima's crib and watched the news with him and Nanako. shyt felt comfy as hell.

How'd you feel about the reveal of the real villain, Izanami? I was honestly blown away by how she was RIGHT under our nose the entire time. I never peeped how when it's raining she's still standing out there in the gas station but it just seemed normal. If it would've been simply Adachi the ending would've been weak but Izanmi and the whole lead up to the final battle was dope. I loved the ending.

You know you can fight Margaret right?

Now onto Persona 5 tomorrow :troll: Damn that shyt would've came out tomorrow.

I do know about the Margaret fight. Not gonna be doing new game plus for a while though. Need a break. Got a lot to get though before the Zero Escape compilation comes out next month, which I'll be buying fairly close to launch.

I don't know how I feel about the final villain reveal. I mean I wouldn't even know she existed if not for the lecture at the other school. I knew when that professor dropped Izanagi's name that shyt would be important. I just thought she would be some super powerful persona that I could get through fusion though.

I'm pretty bummed that P5 won't be on the Vita. I mean, I have a PS3 still so I could still play it if I wanted but I can't put the time that's needed into that like I could on a handheld.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do know about the Margaret fight. Not gonna be doing new game plus for a while though. Need a break. Got a lot to get though before the Zero Escape compilation comes out next month, which I'll be buying fairly close to launch.

I'm pretty bummed that P5 won't be on the Vita. I mean, I have a PS3 still so I could still play it if I wanted but I can't put the time that's needed into that like I could on a handheld.
You can still play it on the Vita via remote play. You don't have a PS4?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Trying out some of recent PSN purchases. Bastion is nice. Wish it was a bit more zoomed out though. Things look tiny on Vita

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I fukking HATE when you die in Persona(5) after running through a good chunk of a dungeon and then you die thinking you got it. Ended up getting one shotted by this fukking Demon. :snoop:

Game isn't even hard(On the contrary it feels sort of easy at times) but there's random difficulty spikes. Ended up losing like a good 30 minutes of progress. I just went to sleep right after. :pachaha:

Edit: Happened afukkinggain

*punches 4K TV*

Last edited: