The 'What Are You Playing?' 2017 Thread

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
been playing Sniper Elite 4. shyt is pretty fun. big wide open sandbox levels. feels more polished than the previous games

runs great on PC too

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Trying out some of recent PSN purchases. Bastion is nice. Wish it was a bit more zoomed out though. Things look tiny on Vita
I beat this already :dwillhuh:
And I played this game in very small doses. If I was playing this like I played P4, I'd have finished in one day
It's a good experience but felt like it ended just as I was getting going. Also, it was incredibly easy. Only times I died was cause of me being stubborn and not wanting to use my health tonics. There are ways in the game to make it harder but it should be challenging from the jump. Still, good music and voice. Nice animation and great aesthetics. Loved the way the world built up around you

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Trying out XCOM on the Vita
It doesn't run very well :no:

The actual combat/run ok. Not very good, but OK. The load times are like a PS1 era game and navigating through the base is a chore. Touch screen is used for zooming the camera in and out and that's about it :stopitslime: despite. The cutscents actually look really good, almost like they belong to another game but the framerate on everything else is atrocious. Not a good experience so far but I've only played the intro and one mission. I'll give it some more time but it's close to losing me already :snoop:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Trying out XCOM on the Vita
It doesn't run very well :no:

The actual combat/run ok. Not very good, but OK. The load times are like a PS1 era game and navigating through the base is a chore. Touch screen is used for zooming the camera in and out and that's about it :stopitslime: despite. The cutscents actually look really good, almost like they belong to another game but the framerate on everything else is atrocious. Not a good experience so far but I've only played the intro and one mission. I'll give it some more time but it's close to losing me already :snoop:
It and Borderlands 2 were 2 games I thought were asking too much of the vita.

Good ideas on paper, but thats it.

Would have been better served if they got the Killzonw Mercenary treatment. Have an experience tailor made for the vita.

But i guess its better than nothing.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Playing Persona 3 after Persona 4 is a little weird but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. For one, I like that I've actually been allowed to play the game and have battles within the first hour. However, the personas don't know any elemental attacks right away. So they're pretty much useless right now. Maybe that was the case in P4G and I forgot but it sucks just spamming attack over and over. Still, it's good so far.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Playing Persona 3 after Persona 4 is a little weird but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. For one, I like that I've actually been allowed to play the game and have battles within the first hour. However, the personas don't know any elemental attacks right away. So they're pretty much useless right now. Maybe that was the case in P4G and I forgot but it sucks just spamming attack over and over. Still, it's good so far.
Persona 3 FES or Portable?

There's a lot of little tweaks that made Persona 3 Portable better and these were carried over to 4/Golden.

In Persona 3/FES however:
Not being able to simply equip/change companions equipment from the status menu but instead having to directly face them in dungeons were annoying.

No direct control of your partners

Randomly generated maze like dungeons with what feels like a never ending climb.

Plus I felt like the game was a chore and nothing happened until way later and even then the game felt formulaic as hell in an obvious way. It was alright(Music was great) but 4 was way better and 5 is just in another league in pretty much every area.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Playing Titanfall 2 Campaign Xbox
Yakuza PS4 Pro
Dead Rising 4 Xbox shyt is pretty good
Call of Duty Campaign PS4 Pro

Just ordered Hyman absolution Xbox One and Splinter Cell last released one Xbox360

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Persona 3 FES or Portable?

There's a lot of little tweaks that made Persona 3 Portable better and these were carried over to 4/Golden.

In Persona 3/FES however:
Not being able to simply equip/change companions equipment from the status menu but instead having to directly face them in dungeons were annoying.

No direct control of your partners

Randomly generated maze like dungeons with what feels like a never ending climb.

Plus I felt like the game was a chore and nothing happened until way later and even then the game felt formulaic as hell in an obvious way. It was alright(Music was great) but 4 was way better and 5 is just in another league in pretty much every area.
P3P
Would've deleted the game immediately if I didn't have direct control over my party. I hate AI partners. It defaults to the partners being SO as did P4G and I turned that to direct control immediately and never looked back

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
P3P
Would've deleted the game immediately if I didn't have direct control over my party. I hate AI partners. It defaults to the partners being SO as did P4G and I turned that to direct control immediately and never looked back
P3P had those changes that made it more like P4G but then it removed the 3D models/graphics outside of the dungeons so cutscenes and shyt are just still images with audio.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
P3P had those changes that made it more like P4G but then it removed the 3D models/graphics outside of the dungeons so cutscenes and shyt are just still images with audio.
Ok, I didn't even know 3D models were in the original game. It was a little odd for me at first after playing P4G where I got to move my character around but I do like visual novels and point and click games so it's not really an issue. Just seems like a step back, which is the problem with playing a sequel before playing a prior entry. Everything is less streamlined.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The dungeons in Persona 5 are freaking big(in a good way) 120hrs in so far game is fukking incredible. I'm getting closer to the end I feel. the game is a huge improvement to P4G and this is still technically a ps3 game. Hopefully I finish by next week so I can devote my attention to Goatda. I don't mind putting that on hold this game is GOTG material imo