The Weeknd: The Official Thread

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Y'all out here saying KissLand is wack :camby:

Don't know how fan of the "old" Weeknd can listen to this album and not fukk with it. Pretty is a Top 10 song of 2013. The concept, the production. The song itself and the video is unbelievable. fukking unbelievable. If you truly get that shyt, then fukking hell. It's fire.

There's me talking about Pretty. I ain't even got onto Belong to the World.

these are my sentiments exactly, i said the same thing. if you didn't like kiss land you were just hipster or a fickle fan

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Gonna give this a few spins in the coming weeks off this statement, but I remember listening to it for a few weeks and feeling very :beli: about it.

(Coming from HUGE fan of the Trilogy)

People be on that bullshyt. :pachaha:. I know folks who are HUGE Weeknd stans. I'm talking can recite every lyric and song by heart and they aren't into Kissland like that. I can easily see why people may not like it. Man, listen to the instrumentals on the first 3 tapes: Next, Montreal, The Fall, House of Ballons/Glass Table Girls, Wicked Games, The Party and the Afterparty, Loft Music, High for this, The Knowing, What You Need, The Morning, Gone, The Zone, Birds part 2, The Host, Outside, etc. Even if them joints didn't have lyrics the beat would still have you like:

2-chainz-freankie-beverly.gif%3Fw%3D510%26h%3D315

The beats coupled with Abel going the fukk in created an incredible ambiance and mood that was fukking undeniable. Invite a shorty over who isn't even familiar with dude and fukk around and have the Party and the Afterparty on or some shyt, and she'll be straight :noah: status. Kissland isn't like that. The beats are overly simple (with a few exceptions) and it's a way more subtle with it being a more lyric driven effort. It doesn't have the same ambiance as the Trilogy, nor give you the same :mindblown: feeling just of one listen or the general aura of the music; cheap rainfall effects in the background doesn't change that.

Listen, I like the album. It's probably the most played album on my iPod the last 2 months or so. I just can see how people who got into the Trilogy don't feel it. It's way different. It's like how people reacted when Kanye went from Graduation to 808's and Heartbreak (one of my favorite albums all time). Of course most people reacted like :wtf: is this? Even I was like :why: go with this minimalist shyt, Abel? It took me over a month to get into it. You're fronting hard as hell if you can't see why people didn't go crazy over this joint.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
i looked at kissland from just the music, not the artist, cause if u looking for the shyttin on bytches weeknd this aint it, its just a great project

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Weeknd must not like money. Needs to fukk around and release that Wanderlust to radio you can't tell me that wouldn't get spins.