The Weeknd: The Official Thread

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The thing is his music gets labeled, I think unfairly and in kinda poor taste as 'scumbag', but it's really not that at all, it's dark, filled with sexual vindictiveness and longing, sex as a way to feel young, to feel loved, to feel SOMETHING, it's not just rampant hedonism for it's own sake, it's hedonism viewed as a burden to carry, a lack of morals because of a lack of emotion….and it's not misogynistic, not really, both sexes are equal, and likely often feel the same way about males. Flip the gender perspective on Weeknds music, and it doesn't make much difference. That said, theres elements that are played up, exaggerated, and capilizted on, because sex sell….heres 5 tracks imo, of Weeknd at his darkest…

'X/0The Host', especially the last half is really resonating, 'you say you want me….but I remember who you are'

'Enemy'

'Kissland'

'Outside'

'Nomads' 'Should have known from the start…..what we have can't leave this room, and I ain't playing with you're heart….' 'clear to the world….ain't nobody gonna be the somebody' 'do it all to stay warm, do it all to get by'

edit @ grams

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
let it marinate breh. if youre not fukkin w/ at least "love in the sky" then maybe it's not for you.
Yeah it's been a while since i checked back for it. I prolly gave it somewhere around 10 spins. I never had any problem getting into the other ones. That one probably just simply wasn't for me but i'll revisit it

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
Kissland was dope......but i need Jeremy Rose back on the production/writing process :damn:

Right. When you two first met, was Abel’s creative direction heading in the same direction it has been over the past year?
No. When I met him I heard some of the stuff that he was doing. It was called the Noise. Remember that? It came out after he broke. It was this group, with him and another producer and it was called the Noise. They were a straight kind of R&B, just really light and kind of candlelight… [sings] “I wanna see you in your birthday suit”… And I was just like, “Aw, fukk that shyt. No man, let’s talk about, fukkin’ and getting too high and trying to fukk bytches and it not working out. Let’s get really grimy about it."

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
The thing is his music gets labeled, I think unfairly and in kinda poor taste as 'scumbag', but it's really not that at all, it's dark, filled with sexual vindictiveness and longing, sex as a way to feel young, to feel loved, to feel SOMETHING, it's not just rampant hedonism for it's own sake, it's hedonism viewed as a burden to carry, a lack of morals because of a lack of emotion….and it's not misogynistic, not really, both sexes are equal, and likely often feel the same way about males. Flip the gender perspective on Weeknds music, and it doesn't make much difference. That said, theres elements that are played up, exaggerated, and capilizted on, because sex sell….heres 5 tracks imo, of Weeknd at his darkest…

'X/0The Host', especially the last half is really resonating, 'you say you want me….but I remember who you are'

'Enemy'

'Kissland'

'Outside'

'Nomads' 'Should have known from the start…..what we have can't leave this room, and I ain't playing with you're heart….' 'clear to the world….ain't nobody gonna be the somebody' 'do it all to stay warm, do it all to get by'

edit @ grams
Forget what you know
Make yourself at home
Cuz baby when I'm finished with ya
You won't wanna go outside

Sounds rapey as fock :lallana:

My guy :to: :blessed: