The Video Game Awards Game of The Year Nominees will be out on Monday

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
happy it got the honorary nintendo nom yeah

plague tale getting in over sifu is bullshyt fr tho

Really just happy Sifu got the noms it did, its easy for indie games to be left entirely out of the conversation at these places as a lot did this year. I honestly thought Cult of The Lamb would be the big indie this year, but it looks like Stray was the bigger conversation.

Sifu should have been nominated for best art direction also

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Really just happy Sifu got the noms it did, its easy for indie games to be left entirely out of the conversation at these places as a lot did this year.

considering the gamechangers they achieved in mocap?

poor white girl chased by rats tho :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
considering the gamechangers they achieved in mocap?

poor white girl chased by rats tho :mjcry:

I thought Plague Tale was cool… it was really the only other big ‘AAA’ feeling game this year outside ER, GOW, HFW so it probably got in on that alone. I was really let down by the story, like more so than horizon lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
ma-ma-se ma-ma-sa ma-ma-coo-sa :mjgrin:

*edit*

I forgot how fun this song is lmao :stylin:

those-are-facts.gif

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

People scared as fukk with how Stray has upended the industry and changed it forever. I just read another report that If Phil gets the Stray deal done, 343 is rebooting the Halo franchise. No more Halo with Master Chief, next game is Straylo with Meowster Chief. Phil wants the cat to be the Xbox mascot.:wow:

"The Strayover, the breaks over, God KITTY, me, Strayhova"-Stray-Z

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I think elden ring is most likely taking GOTY and Ragnarok is cleaning up the other awards. Elden Ring/Miyazaki is having their moment this year, i think GoWR is the behemoth to take down like RDR2 was in 2018.

I’m cool either way, i think i enjoyed almost all the GOTY nominees and Elden Ring and Ragnarok are most def going to be in my top 10 of all time. Also glad to see Horizon got so much love with nominations.

ER will win purely off all of the promo Geoff did for FromSoft. Would be ridiculous for it to lose at this point.

Really just happy Sifu got the noms it did, its easy for indie games to be left entirely out of the conversation at these places as a lot did this year. I honestly thought Cult of The Lamb would be the big indie this year, but it looks like Stray was the bigger conversation.

We gotta stop this narrative that indies seemingly get overlooked or underappreciated. Indies receive way more credit than they deserve at these shows. The fact that Stray is sitting next to ER, GOWR and Horizon is completely ridiculous to me.

The stuff that really gets overlooked is the super mainstream stuff. MW2 definitely deserves a GOTY nomination, just like FH5 deserved one last year. GT7 arguably couldve got a nomination too. But for some reason mainstream games dont count as real games lol.

• Dap
Reactions: rdj

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
My favorite mobile game wasn't nominated and that ain't cool. Talking about CoD Mobile. However I made a thread about one of the nominees since I never heard of it before. Tower of Fantasy