"the universe is listening; be careful what you say in it"

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
"Kill the boy, and let the man be born."

If you are the sum of your thoughts, choices and/or environment. You need to change them, change the input to have a different output. Can't keep doing the same things and expecting a different result.

Start with small changes. Small steps. And be self aware enough to see what needs to go and what needs to stay. Look up "essentialism". That's what I'm getting into now.

This is a great book. I might give it another listen now that you mention essentialism:
519eY-pLzQL._SL500_.jpg

@Dogmatic

We're all on a path breh. There's always people willing to help and keep you accountable. Even if it's just in this thread. Let's start breaking things down into baby steps so you can change your life.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Question, what are some of y’all opinions on listening to “too much music?” What are y’all habits like?

I debate between keeping my music subscription or not. Just feel with all other noise in my life it just adds to the mental clutter whether or not I do really enjoy to vibe to it a lot at times.

seymour cake

All Star
Daps
Question, what are some of y’all opinions on listening to “too much music?” What are y’all habits like?

I debate between keeping my music subscription or not. Just feel with all other noise in my life it just adds to the mental clutter whether or not I do really enjoy to vibe to it a lot at times.
I feel the same way about music lately. When i listen too to much Rap it bothers my spirit. I have to turn it off or ride in silence the majority of the time. Too much killing, rapping about money ect.. It literally feel like clutter in my brain and spirit..

But when i listen too Gospel music or rappers that have a message or rap about real life shyt i can relate too, it does my spirit good and i can tolerate it. It's like when im in tune with God and my higher self I can't listen to it for too long. But when im drinking and smoking i dont have a problem with it.

It be the same with social media too, sometimes i spend way too much time on social media, to the point where it makes me feel dumb. Like i just spent all this time scrolling down this timeline looking at a bunch of dumb ass posts, for what. I be having to delete all of my social medias because i feel mindless looking at the BS people post all day. And when i finally delete them, it really feels like a relief om my spirit.

Last edited:

seymour cake

All Star
Daps
Once you enter this path... there's no turning back yall

the mind is very powerful and once you take control, you will be able to achieve anything you set your mind to.

I'm actually glad this thread was upped
That's the tuff part. I reached this path, felt the power of God on my life.. Really seen and had super natural events occur in my life.(stuff that the average person really wouldnt believe) felt the peace and joy that only comes from God.. And still returned back to my lower self.

But i can honestly say that im kind of glad it happened this way, because now i know for 100% fact the path that i have to go on and the things i have to do in order to stay fully in tune with my spirit.

Its like i feel i should be 100× ahead of where im at in life but at the same time i know everything happens for a reason. And by me backsliding just made me realise im nothing without God and i will keep repeating the same ol same ol if i dont head in that right direction. Or i will die.

Im currently back on that path to righteousness. One day at a time

Mind×Body×Soul

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel the same way about music lately. When i listen too to much Rap it bothers my spirit. I have to turn it off or ride in silence the majority of the time. Too much killing, rapping about money ect.. It literally feel like clutter in my brain and spirit..

But when i listen too Gospel music or rappers that have a message or rap about real life shyt i can relate too, it does my spirit good and i can tolerate it. It's like when im in tune with God and my higher self I can't listen to it for too long. But when im drinking and smoking i dont have a problem with it.

It be the same with social media too, sometimes i spend way too much time on social media, to the point where it makes me feel dumb. Like i just spent all this time scrolling down this timeline looking at a bunch of dumb ass posts, for what. I be having to delete all of my social medias because i feel mindless looking at the BS people post all day. And when i finally delete them, it really feels like a relief om my spirit.
Brother, you really speaking from not only your heart but my own. I love music, don’t think that’ll ever change. But I take breaks and feel it’s so necessary. So much rap is just male ego bravado. It’s unbalanced (from a mainstream perspective at least)

Crazy you mention social media as well. People in my own circles have called me strange etc because I’ve deleted my social media multiple times in the past few years. It’s dangerous if you get caught in the dopamine releasing cycle of useless information. But everyone seems to communicate there so I’m learning to control it and not allow it to control me.

You cannot lie to the universe and it’ll respond to you accordingly!

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere

Music is mantra. Be careful of the messages you receive same as meditation. It all comes down to mindfulness always.

Silence is golden. It's like fasting. Or cleaning/clearing out. With less clutter you can be more aware of your true self and needs.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Seen you post this in another thread brother. Strange times, indeed.

How’s everyone doing in here?
Peace, brotha man.

Yeah, these times are crazy. But it also gives me this strong urge to get locked in and stay that way, because the upswing is coming also. No matter how hard you slam a basketball down, the laws of nature say it’s going to come back up with equal force.
So if we’re living in a time of strangeness and confusion, the upswing of new awakenings and bucking back against it is going to be just as strong.

Gotta stay locked in and cultivating self-development and spreading love and teaching each other so we don’t get lost in the meantime.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Music is mantra. Be careful of the messages you receive same as meditation. It all comes down to mindfulness always.

Silence is golden. It's like fasting. Or cleaning/clearing out. With less clutter you can be more aware of your true self and needs.
Beautifully said. I am leaving my attachment to music alone. An interesting fact a spiritual teacher once told me was that we use music in the same sense that we use coffee for an exterior energy boost when in fact we have low energy levels from within. Very interesting take and I would like to tune my inner workings.

Peace, brotha man.

Yeah, these times are crazy. But it also gives me this strong urge to get locked in and stay that way, because the upswing is coming also. No matter how hard you slam a basketball down, the laws of nature say it’s going to come back up with equal force.
So if we’re living in a time of strangeness and confusion, the upswing of new awakenings and bucking back against it is going to be just as strong.

Gotta stay locked in and cultivating self-development and spreading love and teaching each other so we don’t get lost in the meantime.
Naturally, I think the same way. All these things happening may seem troubling but I do have not only an enhanced level of urgency in my life but I instinctively believe the same that what we consider righteousness will prevail in the grand scheme of things.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Respect to everyone in here trying to keep their mind calm. It feels like almost everything in life is to distract you from the things that truly make you feel human. Always chase happiness. Trust your gut when something feels off and go the other way. It's cliche but everything is truly balance. There nothing that will make you happy and feel good every time you do it or use it. Gotta allow yourself the room not to be the same person every day and enjoy the things that sound good in the moment.

If you know who you are, know your morals and wants don't actively hurt anyone, you don't need to apologize for what you do or feel because you'll always be able to explain it, not just justify it.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
it hears EVERYTHING. words, thoughts and feelings. :ufdup:

the universe also doesnt discriminate between right and wrong. it WILL give you what you ask for. :ufdup:

use this information wiseley. the secret works. :blessed:
We don't worship space

We worship the most high.

Sit

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Excerpt from Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant said:
February 6

Nobody knows the mysteries which lie at the bottom of the ocean. —Yoruba proverb​

Your body is 96 percent water. Like the ocean, you are a mystery of buried treasures. The deeper you are willing to go, the greater are the treasures you will find. Your mind is the only equipment you need. The sharper your mind, the greater the depths that will be revealed to you. Never allow anyone or anything to limit your mind because of your race, color, or gender expression, since your mind feeds your emotions. The emotions of your heart will keep your dreams afloat. If you can feel it, the world must reveal it. When you take time to breath consciously, stilling the motion of the mind, you can take a plunge into the deepest resources of your soul. Take a plunge within yourself to find the joy, strength, peace, freedom, and love you may be seeking in the shores of life.

I look within the ocean of self to find the treasures of life.

REFLECTION
Imagine yourself diving deep into your being to see all the riches you have within. Which treasure will you retrieve to use in your life tomorrow?​