"the universe is listening; be careful what you say in it"

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What would be some good books to read on this subject? I'm new to, but intrigued by the whole concept.

It's a very broad topic. And yes you can absolutely alter your thoughts, emotions, and actions using language.

There is the everyday language you use inside your head on a moment to moment basis, commonly known as the "voice in your head." In this regard positive self talk is one of the most powerful strategies to improve your life, while negative self talk is one of the most destructive habits one can have.

There are affirmations. There are mantras. There is meditating on certain words and phrases in order to reprogram the subconscious and conscious mind.

Then there are the actual sounds of the words themselves that also have an effect on your consciousness. For example Hebrew, Sanskrit, Aramaic and even I think Arabic were constructed phonetically to alter the speaker's consciousness as they spoke the language. This is a more esoteric side of the topic.

In terms of books to read... you can tap into the strict scientific ideas dealing with language and the brain, or you could get into the metaphysics of it, or both.

But like i said, it's a very broad topic with a lot of layers. If you tell me what you're trying to accomplish specifically I can point you in a better direction. If you just want to learn more about it then you could google affirmations, mantras or "language and the brain."

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
It's a very broad topic. And yes you can absolutely alter your thoughts, emotions, and actions using language.

There is the everyday language you use inside your head on a moment to moment basis, commonly known as the "voice in your head." In this regard positive self talk is one of the most powerful strategies to improve your life, while negative self talk is one of the most destructive habits one can have.

There are affirmations. There are mantras. There is meditating on certain words and phrases in order to reprogram the subconscious and conscious mind.

Then there are the actual sounds of the words themselves that also have an effect on your consciousness. For example Hebrew, Sanskrit, Aramaic and even I think Arabic were constructed phonetically to alter the speaker's consciousness as they spoke the language. This is a more esoteric side of the topic.

In terms of books to read... you can tap into the strict scientific ideas dealing with language and the brain, or you could get into the metaphysics of it, or both.

But like i said, it's a very broad topic with a lot of layers. If you tell me what you're trying to accomplish specifically I can point you in a better direction. If you just want to learn more about it then you could google affirmations, mantras or "language and the brain."
Thanks breh, very informative post. I just happened to come across a book on NLP and was interested in learning more about it.

As far as books, ones that deal with or talk about the bolded is where I would like to start, and then gradually dive into different aspects of NLP

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
You know that book outwitting the devil by Napoleon hill? I started reading the e-book about a couple weeks ago.
I think I had an encounter with my 'other self' he talks about in the intro of the book.
But I'm slightly nervous.
Anyone had this sort of thing happen to them? Any advice.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
You know that book outwitting the devil by Napoleon hill? I started reading the e-book about a couple weeks ago.
I think I had an encounter with my 'other self' he talks about in the intro of the book.
I've only kinda sorta listened to this book on YouTube so I'm not sure. Someone help this man.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Describe the encounter.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Applying the Violet Flame everyday works wonders too.

There's a book called You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. That booked helped me A LOT when I was in a bad situtation a couple of years ago that I could've easily been stressing over. Wayne Dyer is a good author too.

I didn't even know there were coli peeps on the journey. :mjcry:
:lupe:

Keepya onya toes

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Bumping one of the greatest threads I've ever seen on The Coli for any newbies with any musings on this.

I definitely believe what you think but mostly what you believe you will get.

That's why prayer is a requirement in the three major religions. Connecting and believing in a power greater then yourself who can bring forth miracles that even you yourself might doubt.

Thoughts become words, words become action.

Be mindful of your thoughts for they create.

Marzupial

Banned
Daps
This is great and its truth life becomes easier if you aply this my advice is STOP USING HEADPHONES especially when you out on the streets and just try to talk to your surroundings not talkin out loud but inside talk positive shyt only

For example go outside and just throw compliments at everyone you see even if you dont like how the person look make up something and you doing it INSIDE no need to say it OUT LOUD. Life is energy if you put this energy out there guess what? that energy will come back

Can you imagine an whole day doing the exercise above? or an whole week? lol try it but be careful for those who arent familiar with gettin love from randoms some shyt may scary you a bit in the begining nothing bad will happen thoe

salute!!