"the universe is listening; be careful what you say in it"

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
It's so nuts that this scripture is exactly what I needed to read in this exact moment, even though you posted it in 2015. This is why we have to keep giving. Time doesn't exist, so it's never too late or pointless to put something positive into the universe.

Synchronicity is more important than time,because the lesson always shows itself when tis needed,time always shows itself,so why would it be important..?

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
What do you do about really deeply ingrained destructive thoughts and attitudes that always seem to creep back into your normal/everyday state of consciousness.

I honestly thought they were gone. I wrote them all down on a piece of paper and burned them. Installed new more constructive thoughts and programs and got them through to my subconscious and my life was brilliant... For about 3 weeks.

Then these old ways creeped back in slowly. The problem is these old thought processes and attitudes are really destructive to the point where I'm involved in physical combat and I'm on probation right now.

They seem to be deeply ingrained into my being and it's like being possessed by the devil. I'm not schizophrenic or have any mental illness but it's like Jekyll and Hyde.
I would say get deeply, deeply in touch with your body. We store memories in our body that affect our thoughts and vice versa. For instance, a person who was always told to sit down and shut up as a child might be quiet and shy as an adult to the point that it's physically taxing to open their mouths and hold conversation. They'll hold that memory in the form of tightness in the jaw and throat, which makes it difficult to project their voice. They don't know where it started, but this cycle keeps reproducing itself. For instance, speaking is uncomfortable, so they have an awkward exchange with the cashier at the store that makes them feel stupid and reinforces these memories.

Don't think of yourself as a mind/body separation. It's all the same. The mind is the body and the body is the mind. When you meditate, focus on the feelings in your body as they arise, to the point that you learn how to deepen your ability to feel and allow feelings to pass. Try some yoga, stretching and breathing exercises and flat out move your body. Find a workout plan that works for you if you're not currently physically active.

I would also check out Elliott Hulse's YouTube channel. He talks a lot about breathing exercises and bioenergetic exercises that work out the neurotic holding patterns in our body that exist due to stored memories.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Those dealing with issues, another major thing that's helped me, is reframing your perspective. Another major thing is realizing the negative voice in your head is getting constant reinforcement from you (I'll probably talk about this some other time, I have a lot to do today).

Let's address some reframing:

Let's say you want to get stuff done, but you fear the response, have anxiety, are pessimistic, etc.

Two things regarding reframing all of that:

The first, is realize how insignificant you and others are. If you're fearing someone's response or caring what people think, consider how grand this universe is. There are numerous videos online, several gifs, etc. that just show you how small earth is compared to space. Then consider how small you and everybody else here is compared to earth. Realize then how small you are compared to the vast universe. Now if you're about to deal with someone's social judgement, your feelings about it, etc. consider how little we are compared to the grand scheme. That means, their judgement and what they think about you (and the negative shyt you think about yourself) really doesn't matter much now, does it?

The 2nd thing is consider that your physiological responses to stress are absolutely normal. There is nothing wrong with feeling anxiety, because it's just a feeling. It's your interpretation (voice in your head - your thougths) of that physical feeling that's making you go off the hinge and run on with a negative storyline. People who absolute get shyt done, dominate, etc. don't interpret the same feelings you do with a lack of ability, they view it as a normal reaction. Thus when it happens to you, being mindful of it so you could reframe it helps a ton. Remember, even the most famous of performers get the jitters, but those jitters don't have anything to do with them performing on stage. It's absolutely separate from ability/will.

Both are great things to keep in mind when it comes to reframing your perspective. But the real trick is catching yourself when you do this. That is where meditation training helps, even better active mindful "practice" when you're going by with your day-to-day activities.

Regarding that last part:

Enlightenment is just a state of acceptance. You don't reach enlightenment as much as you choose to be enlightened, which is being accepting of what life dishes out to you for what it is. None of this is personal, until you make it personal (lead by the voice in your head). In order to stop making things personal, remember, "it's just life." You can't control everything that happens to you, circumstances just are what they are, it's all nearly a probability anyway. Straight up random number generators. When you start casting your judgement/thoughts/voice in your head onto shyt, you really miss out on the overall experience: that is life itself. One great thing about living is pretty much just living and being able to experience.

Last edited:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Those dealing with issues, another major thing that's helped me, is reframing your perspective. Another major thing is realizing the negative voice in your head is getting constant reinforcement from you (I'll probably talk about this some other time, I have a lot to do today).

Let's address some reframing:

Let's say you want to get stuff done, but you fear the response, have anxiety, are pessimistic, etc.

Two things regarding reframing all of that:

The first, is realize how insignificant you and others are. If you're fearing someone's response or caring what people think, consider how grand this universe is. There are numerous videos online, several gifs, etc. that just show you how small earth is compared to space. Then consider how small you and everybody else here is compared to earth. Realize then how small you are compared to the vast universe. Now if you're about to deal with someone's social judgement, your feelings about it, etc. consider how little we are compared to the grand scheme. That means, their judgement and what they think about you (and the negative shyt you think about yourself) really doesn't matter much now, does it?

The 2nd thing is consider that your physiological responses to stress are absolutely normal. There is nothing wrong with feeling anxiety, because it's just a feeling. It's your interpretation (voice in your head - your thougths) of that physical feeling that's making you go off the hinge and run on with a negative storyline. People who absolute get shyt done, dominate, etc. don't interpret the same feelings you do with a lack of ability, they view it as a normal reaction. Thus when it happens to you, being mindful of it so you could reframe it helps a ton. Remember, even the most famous of performers get the jitters, but those jitters don't have anything to do with them performing on stage. It's absolutely separate from ability/will.

Both are great things to keep in mind when it comes to reframing your perspective. But the real trick is catching yourself when you do this. That is where meditation training helps, even better active mindful "practice" when you're going by with your day-to-day activities.

Regarding that last part:

Enlightenment is just a state of acceptance. You don't reach enlightenment as much as you choose to be enlightened, which is being accepting of what life dishes out to you for what it is. None of this is personal, until you make it personal (lead by the voice in your head). In order to stop making things personal, remember, "it's just life." You can't control everything that happens to you, circumstances just are what they are, it's all nearly a probability anyway. Straight up random number generators. When you start casting your judgement/thoughts/voice in your head onto shyt, you really miss out on the overall experience: that is life itself. One great thing about living is pretty much just living and being able to experience.

Thank you breh. +Rep.

Would love to see you expound on the negative voice in your head getting constant reinforcement whenever you have time.

:salute:

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
What do you do about really deeply ingrained destructive thoughts and attitudes that always seem to creep back into your normal/everyday state of consciousness.

I honestly thought they were gone. I wrote them all down on a piece of paper and burned them. Installed new more constructive thoughts and programs and got them through to my subconscious and my life was brilliant... For about 3 weeks.

Then these old ways creeped back in slowly. The problem is these old thought processes and attitudes are really destructive to the point where I'm involved in physical combat and I'm on probation right now.

They seem to be deeply ingrained into my being and it's like being possessed by the devil. I'm not schizophrenic or have any mental illness but it's like Jekyll and Hyde.

I'm feel you.

I'm definitely possessed, cursed, and janky. Always one step from jail, homelessness, and loneliness. It's like I'm destined to NOT have anything that I love. It all gets taken from me eventually. Even if I so think I might enjoy something, some bullshyt happens...

My life is a constant fight. I work 4x as hard just to maintain a somewhat acceptable position in society. Hazards follow me everywhere I go still. :francis:

I'm sick of this shyt brehs. I swear to god. I didn't ask to be born this way. :mjcry:

For real, I'm fukked y'all :to:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
all that matters is the material and the motion you put behind it
it's physics it's physical
all the convoluted esoteric philosophy is cute but like that great book of fairytales says faith without works is dead

MoroccanBoy

Madness
Daps
I'm feel you.

I'm definitely possessed, cursed, and janky. Always one step from jail, homelessness, and loneliness. It's like I'm destined to NOT have anything that I love. It all gets taken from me eventually. Even if I so think I might enjoy something, some bullshyt happens...

My life is a constant fight. I work 4x as hard just to maintain a somewhat acceptable position in society. Hazards follow me everywhere I go still. :francis:

I'm sick of this shyt brehs. I swear to god. I didn't ask to be born this way. :mjcry:

For real, I'm fukked y'all :to:

Damn this is me to a t. Everything good in my life I've managed to fukk it up and lose it. I attract wild crazy situations that I know the average person doesn't go through. Having to work extra hard just to do normal people shyt.

I thought I was the only one :wow:

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Damn this is me to a t. Everything good in my life I've managed to fukk it up and lose it. I attract wild crazy situations that I know the average person doesn't go through. Having to work extra hard just to do normal people shyt.

I thought I was the only one :wow:

Exactly.

And I'm so sick of it. I literally waste money and time on a consistent basis. shyt will be sweet for a minute... then Bam! Gone.

There has to be a prayer or something to lift this shyt off me. Then I'm lightweight addicted to sex. I need to get this shyt up off me. :damn:

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Been thinking more positive and getting the results I've wanted. Now I just gotta keep it up.

care to elaborate?

right now i'm in somewhat of a down position in life and need to get back on track. my last relationship really threw me off and fukked up my self confidence which has leaked into other parts of my life and has thus created a spiral of negative effects. i need to figure out how to get out of this rut. ive been exercising more, stopped drinking (but still smoke), studying for an IT cert, and trying to join clubs/volunteer to be more active and meet more people. anyone have some tips for me? where i can meet other positive people? how to be more positive in my life personally?