The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Ennis has so much upside. At best he can develop handles, and continued working on his shooting, and be a solid 2-way player. At worst, he's an incredibly long, and athletic defender who can get up there and snatch long rebounds. He's showed incredible promise. I wish we had a player development team like the Spurs, because with the young talent we have, we wouldn't have to circle 2016 Free Agency on the calendar as much, if we could solidly develop Ennis, Napier, Johnson, and Whiteside. It was that group of young guys and Beasley that led us on that comeback against the Wizards last month when we cut that 30pt deficit to 2.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ennis is a good player when he can stay on the court. His biggest problem is that he simply wasn't used to the athletic ability of NBA players.

Ennis could reach in and recover against the athletes in the Australian but NBA players are a different breed so he's reach, get blown by, and try to stay in the play but pick up quick fouls.

It looks like he's been practicing and watching Deng because he's getting lower to the floor and daring players to shoot over him so he can contest with those arms. He's also been watching Deng offensively with those hard and smart cuts he makes, especially when Dragic is in the game because Dragic can find him.

You can also tell he's been working out on that Wade "core strength" plan because he's starting to be able to absorb contact and try to finish through fouls better.

His biggest problem is still his ball-handling and security. He loses control of the ball too much and he's still not very good at using his body to protect the ball when driving.

I really like our team when healthy and, even though I been hating really hard on Spo, I don't think he's as bad as he seemed this season.

Our roleplayers have had absolutely no stability, he's probably been trying to balance minutes with injury warnings and possibilities, and he hasn't even had a chance to instill any kind of roles for our players because things keep changing.

We lost two starters to season ending injuries with one of them being one of our most important offensive pieces, had injuries to every single one of our starters, and have been calling up D-League players like crazy.

Chalmers was asked to be a scorer off the bench, to a playmaker, to a floor spacing shooter when Wade is there, etc.

Spo is flawed, mostly in his in game adjustments and he's a "stick with my vets till the end", but he's actually not offebsively inept.

He's the one who explained to Lebron that adding a post game would allow him to still survey the court for playmaking opportunities and crush those quasi-zones that Dallas crushed his moral with. He's the one that saw that running MyTeam Lineups with LeBron, essentially, acting as a Playmaking Center on offense and Bosh at an extreme stretch 4 would allow Wade to slash and mid-range like wanted plus it would open up easy shooting for Chalmers and Battier.

It might have taken a season of a bad loss to Dallas but Spo saw his players and was able to help them improve their games for the most cohesive fit. Spo was also the guy who pressured Riley into picking up Birdman and was big on what he could do for our team.

He also used Lebron and Bosh as defensive anchors for his blitz and got Bosh to be a legit PnR anchor so Lebron could survey the passing lanes and use his IQ and athletic ability to shut down offenses for transition buckets. It was no mistake that teams that would beat us down in the regular season seemed unable to hang in the playoffs.

This season annoyed me but I got faith that the Heat and Spo will turn it around next season. We are a great team if we're healthy and I think we could have been what Atlanta is now had we had a healthy squad.

Teague - Dragic
Korver - Wade
Carrol - Deng
Milsap - Bosh
Horford - Deng

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Ennis is a good player when he can stay on the court. His biggest problem is that he simply wasn't used to the athletic ability of NBA players.

Ennis could reach in and recover against the athletes in the Australian but NBA players are a different breed so he's reach, get blown by, and try to stay in the play but pick up quick fouls.

It looks like he's been practicing and watching Deng because he's getting lower to the floor and daring players to shoot over him so he can contest with those arms. He's also been watching Deng offensively with those hard and smart cuts he makes, especially when Dragic is in the game because Dragic can find him.

You can also tell he's been working out on that Wade "core strength" plan because he's starting to be able to absorb contact and try to finish through fouls better.

His biggest problem is still his ball-handling and security. He loses control of the ball too much and he's still not very good at using his body to protect the ball when driving.

I really like our team when healthy and, even though I been hating really hard on Spo, I don't think he's as bad as he seemed this season.

Our roleplayers have had absolutely no stability, he's probably been trying to balance minutes with injury warnings and possibilities, and he hasn't even had a chance to instill any kind of roles for our players because things keep changing.

We lost two starters to season ending injuries with one of them being one of our most important offensive pieces, had injuries to every single one of our starters, and have been calling up D-League players like crazy.

Chalmers was asked to be a scorer off the bench, to a playmaker, to a floor spacing shooter when Wade is there, etc.

Spo is flawed, mostly in his in game adjustments and he's a "stick with my vets till the end", but he's actually not offebsively inept.

He's the one who explained to Lebron that adding a post game would allow him to still survey the court for playmaking opportunities and crush those quasi-zones that Dallas crushed his moral with. He's the one that saw that running MyTeam Lineups with LeBron, essentially, acting as a Playmaking Center on offense and Bosh at an extreme stretch 4 would allow Wade to slash and mid-range like wanted plus it would open up easy shooting for Chalmers and Battier.

It might have taken a season of a bad loss to Dallas but Spo saw his players and was able to help them improve their games for the most cohesive fit. Spo was also the guy who pressured Riley into picking up Birdman and was big on what he could do for our team.

He also used Lebron and Bosh as defensive anchors for his blitz and got Bosh to be a legit PnR anchor so Lebron could survey the passing lanes and use his IQ and athletic ability to shut down offenses for transition buckets. It was no mistake that teams that would beat us down in the regular season seemed unable to hang in the playoffs.

This season annoyed me but I got faith that the Heat and Spo will turn it around next season. We are a great team if we're healthy and I think we could have been what Atlanta is now had we had a healthy squad.

Teague - Dragic
Korver - Wade
Carrol - Deng
Milsap - Bosh
Horford - Deng
Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially about LeBron learning to play in the post, and Bosh as a pnr defender. Which reminds me how much our D will improve with CB and McRoberts in the line up. We'll be a bigger team because everyone will be back in their natural positions. We won't have Ennis at the 4 or Beaz at the 5.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think McRoberts should be on the bench because Chalmers and Johnson could use the playmaking.

Dragic - Johnson - Napier
Wade - Chalmers
Deng - Ennis
Bosh - McRoberts
Whiteside - Beasley - Birdman

Beas would play the 4 when Whiteside sat and Bosh or McRoberts would handle the 4-5.

And maybe we could snatch up Birch as a backup for Whiteside. His motor and defense means we won't have to change our defensive scheme too much and McRoberts can stretch the floor good enough that bigs can't pack the paint.

I think we'll be alright overall. I think Spo was just caught off guard with all our injuries like the all of us. I mean, we talk shyt but Spo knows way more than us. Spo is trying to manage an entire squad of extremeky injured players, trying to find a balance between younger and older guys while taking into account things like "is it worth to win this game and put more stress on Wade for next season".

Imagine Spo put in Whiteside for an extra 5 minutes a game and he ended up getting injured in some awkward shyt. We'd be mad at Spo for relying too much on Whiteside.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially about LeBron learning to play in the post, and Bosh as a pnr defender. Which reminds me how much our D will improve with CB and McRoberts in the line up. We'll be a bigger team because everyone will be back in their natural positions. We won't have Ennis at the 4 or Beaz at the 5.

Yeah, it was actually a pretty impressive scheme for our personnel.

Lebron acted as an anchor for the defense and the spark plug for the trap. Bosh is extremely mobile and has long arms so he's typically cut off low passes from potential splits. If the ball handler went baseline then Bosh would funnel them into a help defender and either the ball handler would try to skip a pass where Lebron or Wade would snatch it from the lanes (Usually Lebron) and start the break.

The Spurs showed that the way to deal with it is short passes before the double set or let Lebron's man get the ball because doubling on the player Lebron's guarding neuters the blitz because none of the other players are athletic or able to read lanes to punish those skid passes like Lebron.

I have faith in Spo. With Whiteside and Bosh, we were looking pretty good defensively. Whiteside was making guys like Jordan and Griffin struggle for easy shots and Bosh is still a terror on PNR.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Thats a wrap brehs.
Riley will fix this. No worries. :riles:. Let's come up with ideas for the offseason thread title.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
i gave the spo 3rd and 4th quarter obvious tanking and throwing games situation some thought. i think the owner is back to his tricks of not wanting to pay rent and share revenue to and for the county owned arena . most of these professional team owners know how to manipulate politicians and municipalities to their advantage. they didn't become and maintain billionaire status without being crafty.

Miami Heat owner pays no rent for his arena
Gus Garcia-Roberts Thursday, Dec 23 2010

Heat cuts first rent check in 13 years for AA Arena

By Douglas Hanks
09/08/2014
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article1957752.html#storylink=cpy

:sas2:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
This was a bad loss, but I think we'll beat Toronto and Philly.
If any team would miss the playoffs out of the 3(Boston; Indy, Nets), it would be Brooklyn.
Ultimately I believe we'll either finish as the 8th seed or lose our pick. :manny:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Thats a wrap brehs.
Riley will fix this. No worries. :riles:. Let's come up with ideas for the offseason thread title.

I'm kind of worry about that breh :huhldup:
He was determined to fix it after Bron left, and he wound up maxing Bosh and trading two firsts for Dragic despite being 5+games under .500 :scusthov: