The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want Justice Winslow or Stanley Johnson. If we could get one of them! :ohlawd:

Dragic
Wade
Justice
Bosh
Young Russell aka Whitelord.

That'd be great but I think we gotta make a decision with how we gonna run. I think we it's time to cut Wade's minutes to 27-30 a game. We need two types of backups in the backcourt.

-a "3 and D" type who can fit well with our starters and plays well off-ball with Dragic and Deng who are both very smart passers. This should be our focus if we're drafting because these types of players can grow tremendously if given minutes.

-An instant offense spark plug for when the starters sit (Chalmers for our backcourt, BEASLEY for out front). These aren't hard to find but we definitely need one.

Can Winslow and Johnson play the two?

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
That'd be great but I think we gotta make a decision with how we gonna run. I think we it's time to cut Wade's minutes to 27-30 a game. We need two types of backups in the backcourt.

-a "3 and D" type who can fit well with our starters and plays well off-ball with Dragic and Deng who are both very smart passers. This should be our focus if we're drafting because these types of players can grow tremendously if given minutes.

-An instant offense spark plug for when the starters sit (Chalmers for our backcourt, BEASLEY for out front). These aren't hard to find but we definitely need one.

We probably aint getting Winslow since he is a top 5 pick. If we did, he'd defintely start in 2016 when Deng is gone and we'd have a starting SF for years to come.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Does it really matter who Miami puts on the floor if wade misses 20 games ? He's missed 19 games this season.At this point in wades career,he is physically unable to be the #1 option for a full season.# 2 or 3 option ? yes.If I were the heat,I would seriously look into trading wade and bosh.Signing bosh to that huge contract was asinine.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Does it really matter who Miami puts on the floor if wade misses 20 games ? He's missed 19 games this season.At this point in wades career,he is physically unable to be the #1 option for a full season.# 2 or 3 option ? yes.If I were the heat,I would seriously look into trading wade and bosh.Signing bosh to that huge contract was asinine.
Bosh contract is going to look like chump change when the cap goes up after next year..some of Yall so short sighted. And they aren't trading Wade so I don't even know why you would fix your fingers to type that dumb shyt

Last edited:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
I played around with that ESPN mock lottery draft tool and once(out of like 10 times) it had us jump up to #3 :banderas:

anyway back to reality, we're looking at either the #9 or #10 pick. which, from what I've read might either be Stanley Johnons or Kevon Looney.

there is also the chance that Riley packages the pick with someone or some combination of (McRoberts/Deng/Birdman) and get a quality starter in return...maybe to Sacremento for Rudy Gay :manny:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Bosh contract is going to look like chump change when the cap goes up after next year..some of Yall so short sided. And they aren't trading Wade so I don't even know why you would fix your fingers to type that dumb shyt

23.6 million per year is not chump change.This isn't baseball,that money still counts against the salary cap.The heat can sign a top 20 player for that type of money or 2 very good players.They should have let Bosh walk, shut wade down for the season and got a top 5 draft pick.And as I stated in my previous post,wade can still be the #2 or #3 option.

Last edited:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
23.6 million per year is not chump change.This isn't baseball,that money still counts against the salary cap.The heat can sign a top 20 player for that type of money or 2 very good players.They should have let Bosh walk, shut wade down for the season and got a top 5 draft pick.And as I stated in my previous post,wade can still be the #2 or #3 option.
Riley as a GM > Mars

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I read on RealGM that Spo might be the team's new GM after Riley retires. Any chance that is true, or is it Zo's job?

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I read on RealGM that Spo might be the team's new GM after Riley retires. Any chance that is true, or is it Zo's job?

i gotta go with zo if he thinks he's ready to fill those shoes and wants it.

Fore! Obama Golfs With Alonzo Mourning on Florida Getaway
PALM CITY, Fla. — Mar 28, 2015, 2:46 PM ET
By JOSH LEDERMAN Associated Press

AP_logo_update_20130709.gif

President Barack Obama kicked off the spring season on Saturday with a weekend golf getaway in Florida, teeing off with former NBA star Alonzo Mourning and former sportscaster Ahmad Rashad.

During his stay at the Floridian National Golf Club, less than 50 miles up the coast from Palm Beach, Obama planned to be out of public view, with no official events scheduled. After arriving midday Saturday, he immediately hit the links with Mourning, Rashad and Cyrus Walker, a cousin of Obama's senior adviser Valerie Jarrett, the White House said.

Two years ago, Obama caused a stir at this lush, coastal golf resort when he played 18 holes with golf legend Tiger Woods and practiced with Woods' former swing coach. Word that Obama was teeing up with Woods initially came from a professional sports journalist who was on the course and tweeted about it, even though the White House had prohibited the traveling press corps from observing Obama while golfing.

This time, the president's foursome included pro athletes that Obama has gotten to know well over the past few years and has golfed with frequently before. Obama last year headlined a Democratic fundraiser at Mourning's home, and the former Miami Heat player has also pitched in to boost first lady Michelle Obama's childhood nutrition campaign. Rashad and Jarrett dated earlier during the president's term, and he's been an Obama dinner guest.

Mrs. Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha were not on the trip. As in 2013, the White House arranged for the reporters covering the president to wait at a separate location nearby where Obama won't be visible.

Previous administrations have allowed brief news media coverage during presidential rounds of golf. Obama's policy generally is not to allow reporters to observe him. He has made a few exceptions when he's golfed with prominent figures, including House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, former President Bill Clinton and the leaders of New Zealand and Malaysia.

Obama planned to return to the White House on Sunday evening.

———

Reach Josh Lederman on Twitter at http://twitter.com/joshledermanAP

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A few months ago, on the radio Lebatard all but confirmed that Spo will take over for Riley when he's ready to retire.
I really don't want to think about how bad we would be if that happens. I'm not sure anyone in the country would be less qualified for the job they have. A decade+ in the lottery. We would essentially become the Knicks.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.

Stanley actually played the 2 in college. & was the point in HS. He can play all positions up to the 4. He isnt quite the talent Bron is. But versatility wise he is a poor mans Bron.

Justice is just a beast he can play whatever. My favorite player in this draft. Dudes were on me in here for stanning him so hard. But you guys saw in the tourny why i have been stanning him hard. Dude is a superstar in the making.