The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I can't second guess people that make decisions with ALOT more knowledge than I have.

Y'all love to hate Spo without knowing what he knows.

your first round pick isn't going to get better from playing in the d-league. The report coming from beat writers is they want Napier to earn his keep and take things more serious. You know the last guy we heard this about from Spo and co? I'll give you a hint, he's playing in China right now.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
I can't second guess people that make decisions with ALOT more knowledge than I have.

Y'all love to hate Spo without knowing what he knows.

I agree, but my eyeball test doesn't see the problem with keeping Napier around

And we never got to have a true round 2 vs the Bulls either. That 2011 ECF was my favorite series ever and there'll never be a sequel even attempted.

Better than 2012 ECF with Boston? Better than 2013 ECF with Pacset?

I thought the ECF with CHI was good but a little anti-climactic since it ended in 5

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
So is the guard positions the #1 problem with us now?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
your first round pick isn't going to get better from playing in the d-league. The report coming from beat writers is they want Napier to earn his keep and take things more serious. You know the last guy we heard this about from Spo and co? I'll give you a hint, he's playing in China right now.

Our late first round pick is getting action in the D league. That's hardly news.

I hope you don't think that Napier is going to end up being as much of a waste as Beasley

I thought the ECF with CHI was good but a little anti-climactic since it ended in 5

I agree on the eye test... But they got a lot more eyes on him than us

So is the guard positions the #1 problem with us now?

My biggest problem is our defense... They gotta tighten up.

Y'all better get used to this fukkery because Riles aint getting rid of Spoelstra no time soon :mjcry:

I'm really starting to hate this mothafukka :mjcry:

I don't mind that. Continuity.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Remember when we used to eat good off Papa Johns brehs? :mjcry: :mjcry:

Delivered straight to my door. I was eating good for a month straight. :mjcry:

WnooNSd.gif

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
The more I think about it, I think the following is the most realistic best case scenario to happen to this franchise over the next 4 years.

This year
Heat finish as a 8th/9th seed lose their pick this year

2015-2016 season
In 2015-2016 season, Heat are a sub 37 win team and pick in the lottery

2016-2017 season
After striking out on 2016 FA(Heat throw max at Batum), Heat have terrible 2016-2017 season. Riley retires in May 2017; Spo is fired, and a new FO is assigned to command a true rebuild.

2017-2018 season
Wade retires in Summer 2017, Bosh is traded, and Heat have another horrible season. Although the Heat have had a couple of losing seasons, they have cap space and assets(picks, young talent), and should be players for Anthony Davis(probably a FA in 2020) and possibly DeMarcus Cousins(2018 FA).

Last edited:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
The more I think about it, I think the following is the most realistic best case scenario to happen to this franchise over the next 4 years.

This year
Heat finish as a 8th/9th seed lose their pick this year

2015-2016 season
In 2015-2016 season, Heat are a sub 37 win team and pick in the lottery

2016-2017 season
After striking out on 2016 FA(Heat throw max at Batum), Heat have terrible 2016-2017 season. Riley retires in May 2017; Spo is fired, and a new FO is assigned to command a true rebuild.

2017-2018 season
Wade retires in Summer 2017, Bosh is traded, and Heat have another horrible season. Although the Heat have had a couple of losing seasons, they have cap space and assets(picks, young talent), and should be players for Anthony Davis(probably a FA in 2020) and possibly DeMarcus Cousins(2018 FA).

Why works Miami strike out in 2016?

Even if we did we're going to have a lot of cap sleeve available. They'll be able to put a decent team together

I do see Riles retiring in 2017 tho

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

The odds didn't have us as the favorite and we didn't have home court. It took that big comeback game by Haslem to turn the momentum in our favor and games 2, 4, and 5 were down to the wire. They also seemed like a worthy opponent as opposed to someone we should beat easy or a crew of shytheads like the pacers.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Lol Spo being fired. Leave Phillipino Jackson alone :mjcry:

He won't be fired this year or next, but the minute Riley retires, Spo is out the door too. The new GM will want his own coach.

Why works Miami strike out in 2016?

Even if we did we're going to have a lot of cap sleeve available. They'll be able to put a decent team together

I do see Riles retiring in 2017 tho

You need stars and be a cool location to draw top FA's, Miami is just a cool location right now. If you think Wade at 35 and an 32 year old Bosh will be stars in 2016, I have beachfront property to sell you in Iowa. KD is not coming here, so the Heat will be left to sign the Mike Conleys or Batums of the world, those players won't turn the Heat back to title contenders.