The Tower of God Thread... Who Else Is Reading This?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Definitely an interesting theory. Here's a chapter with some key points to support some of the ideas:

I know the story claims V committed suicide, but the message and decision to take himself out feels sketchy to me. I could definitely picture Arlene escaping the tower and having her portion of the key and whatever was left of V stored in the vessel (aka Baam). I think the Key bit might explain why Baam can just break spells and curses like it's nothing (making its power literally to unlock those spells/curses).

Semi-related, Luslec and Arlene both have Grace in their names and specialize in spells. So I think it's a good bet they're related, maybe siblings. I remember having a theory about Luslec's eyes, but I have to revisit his references and appearances to recall what it was...

I think Phantaminum was the God she met outside the tower. Since he's an axis, he can dictate a story into a reality, which is where I think the prophecy about Baam comes from.

I differ with you on Wangnan theory. I think Zahard tried to make copies of himself through the Workshop and considered it a failure. It seems like the Captain character looks like them too, and it'd be funny if Karaka does beneath the armor.

:ohhh: breh. rereading this chapter after forever.... it just clicked with me that Arlene goes on about the stars and the sky

first thing we see rachel talking about is the stars and the sky..... and the tower.

You may be right about the workshop angle. Actually the workshop may have the way outside.

You may be on to something about Phantaminium. But I think that God is somebody we haven't seen. I think Phanta and Enryu.... I dunno what to think about them or Mazino, for that matter. None of them seem to have been there to smack around Jahard. Seems like they stopped just short of.

Unless Headon been trolling Jahard.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:ohhh: breh. rereading this chapter after forever.... it just clicked with me that Arlene goes on about the stars and the sky

first thing we see rachel talking about is the stars and the sky..... and the tower.

You may be right about the workshop angle. Actually the workshop may have the way outside.

You may be on to something about Phantaminium. But I think that God is somebody we haven't seen. I think Phanta and Enryu.... I dunno what to think about them or Mazino, for that matter. None of them seem to have been there to smack around Jahard. Seems like they stopped just short of.

Unless Headon been trolling Jahard.
Yeah, I think Rachel has a pocket or something similar that Arlene left behind. They're definitely connected closely!

The workshop having a way outside is a really interesting theory. It makes me think about the finals of the Workshop battles. The characters in the field were able to summon teammates to their location, which kinda mimics the way the Tower works. I'm planning to re-read the Workshop Battles arc once the anime season ends.

My theory on Phantaminium's raid is that he was setting the stage for Baam. My favorite part of his story is that the only Ranker he met and didn't kill was Yuri...who happened to know when to be on the first floor for Baam's arrival which even Evan looked surprised by. So, I think Phantaminium may have left a few things in place to help Baam succeed (and I think Headon may be in on it).

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The second season of the anime has been pretty garbage. The animation is horrible. I don't recall it being this bad in the first season. Am I tripping?
They've completely dropped the ball. The animation has fallen off a cliff. It felt unique in season one, and the action seasons were pretty good, especially the crown game. Season two feels like they have no idea how to animate action. The pacing is broken too. It feels like they didn't trust fans to connect to the S2 cast, so they rushed their introduction arcs to get back to Koon.

Then, they took one of the biggest moments of the season (the introduction of Urek Mazino) and put the WRONG SUBTITLES to the episode when it dropped. :snoop:

They had a manwha that fans were enthusiastic about after Season one, and they just cut more corners and ruined any momentum it had. I'm horrified for what Omniscient Narrator's Viewpoint will be treated like after seeing the way Webtoons anime have been handled so far (Noblesse and God of High School were massive letdowns too, compared to their source material).

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
They've completely dropped the ball. The animation has fallen off a cliff. It felt unique in season one, and the action seasons were pretty good, especially the crown game. Season two feels like they have no idea how to animate action. The pacing is broken too. It feels like they didn't trust fans to connect to the S2 cast, so they rushed their introduction arcs to get back to Koon.

Then, they took one of the biggest moments of the season (the introduction of Urek Mazino) and put the WRONG SUBTITLES to the episode when it dropped. :snoop:

They had a manwha that fans were enthusiastic about after Season one, and they just cut more corners and ruined any momentum it had. I'm horrified for what Omniscient Narrator's Viewpoint will be treated like after seeing the way Webtoons anime have been handled so far (Noblesse and God of High School were massive letdowns too, compared to their source material).
Omniscient Reader is getting an anime? I would be excited if TOG season 2 didn't kill it for me. I didn't watch God of High School but Noblesse was pretty buns. I need whoever did Solo Leveling to take over for season 3.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This fight is cool for showing how powerful the top dogs are, but it feels like it's dragging since none of the main cast is involved anymore. I'm more interested in Baam/Androssi vs Enkidu, and whatever info dump we'll get after this fight concludes.

The two bits of interest for me from this past chapter are "spirit that descended through the torn ceiling" being a creature that uses Wind from outside the tower...and "this power is based on the imagination written in the book."

That feels related to A) outside the tower and B) something similar to exis powers.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, I'm going to start pulling up the webtoon while I watch the anime. Just to see how much they skip over or what they change.

Noblesse anime was a real letdown. I hope it gets a reboot.