The theory of evolution. Fact or fiction?

What are Your Thoughts?

• Evolution is a fact

• Evolution is a fraud

• Something else entirely

Results are only viewable after voting.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Remote viewing has always sounded like an invasion of privacy to me lol

Some people say that Jesus tapped into that or was already tapped in from birth and he taught his disciples how to do it.

I always wondered why we don't have people like his disciples walking around healing folks?

I’d have to assume it’s because due to their proximity and faith to Yeshua that they would have that sort of imbued power. They had a drastically different biology than us imo, the earth was different, energy was different who knows but I’m pretty sure the chemical experimentation of today makes that kind of stuff near impossible for most folks to do to others.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
because the genetic make-up down to the dna of the animal doesn’t change completely into something new and never before seen

This is a complete misunderstanding of evolution. Evolution scientists do NOT say an animal's DNA completely changes and the animal becomes something different.

Animals are still what their parents were. Let me break it down:

Eukaryotes > Chordate > Mammalia > Perissodactyla > Equidae > Equs > Equs Ferrus > Equs Ferrus Caballus

This is basic taxonomy, and I just listed the taxonomy of a horse.

As you can see, all horses are Eukaryotic Chordates that belong to Mammalia, specifically the odd-toed ungulates (Perissodactyla), and of those, are members of Equidae, specifically Equs Ferrus Caballus.

THIS is how evolution works. You never outgrow your parental classification. Horses are STILL Eukaryotes with spinal chords (Chordate).

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I'm not an atheist.

I just don't believe the mythology of any brand is literal.

G-d is absolutely real, just not what is portrayed by religion. In short, G-d is the consciousness of the entire cosmos. And the physical objects and energy are all at their essence made of consciousness. Which quantum physics is leaning into. So this is cutting edge science as well as philosophy.

SOHH. The moment of creation IS the big bang. The manifestation of the physical. Let there be light, as it were.

It just took billions of years for the material that came to be - the simplest particles - to become more complex and develop into elements and molecules and objects and chemicals.

These ideas - spirituality and science - are not opposed to each other. Good spirituality and good religion is scientific.

Science = truth. Whatever one is saying is true can be measured scientifically.
im with you with everything except this line

genesis 1 implies dark water existed before light was called into being

so there was something tangible that preexists as I've said elsewhere.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don't think you really have any solid proof in either circumstance. One thing about science is that you have to provable evidence which comes through testing things. You really just have a theory that only explains up to our understanding of the universe/biology. We know that in certain circumstances time and space move different, so how do we know for certain that using formulas to go back in time millions of years is as accurate as going back hundreds of years?

Also just because 2 things are similar, doesn't mean they were ever the same. Going with creation, one could argue that the similarities exist because the ideas of 2 things was similar

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Not necessarily, adaptations like that aren’t evolution because the genetic make-up down to the dna of the animal doesn’t change completely into something new and never before seen, it’s just things that were already there end up developing into something else, but not completely seperate from what it once was.

Like making the horns on a cow bigger and harder for ploughing is an adaptation because the horns just grew and the developed to be more durable

If those horns all of a sudden developed into limbs that they could move on their own, that’s an evolution because there would be completely new set of genetic code to make that happen

You do realize evolution doesnt have to occur in just one generation right?

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't think you really have any solid proof in either circumstance

We have incredible amounts of evidence of evolution. :snoop:

Here's the evolution of fruit flies that we observed ourselves:

House Sparrow:

Five animals that evolved recently:

Evolution is an observed FACT. Natural selection is the current accepted THEORY that explains evolution. You guys are mislabeling these concepts.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
im with you with everything except this line

genesis 1 implies dark water existed before light was called into being

so there was something tangible that preexists as I've said elsewhere.

The "dark water" is the endless emptiness of the abyss. Utter emptiness before existence came into existence.

I wrote a song about it.. wanna hear it.. here it go

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

House Sparrow:

Evolution is an observed FACT. Natural selection is the current accepted THEORY that explains evolution. You guys are mislabeling these concepts.

Im not even a atheist any more but these religious folks spew so much pretentious nonsense its making me have ptsd of when I used to bother go back and forth with theM.

Always talking in circles, changing the subject, using random scriptures to make sense on things. Terrible. Like how did we even get on the topic of the center of the universe from a thread on evolution :dahell:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

House Sparrow:

So are we saying that evolution explains why one species turns into another, or are we just saying that a species evolves its traits overtime given the environments?

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Remote viewing has always sounded like an invasion of privacy to me lol

Some people say that Jesus tapped into that or was already tapped in from birth and he taught his disciples how to do it.

I always wondered why we don't have people like his disciples walking around healing folks?

Do you have a source at hand for this please?

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
So are we saying that evolution explains why one species turns into another, or are we just saying that a species evolves its traits overtime given the environments?

Again, evolution is an observed phenomena of reality, in much the same way that "things fall down" is an observation. It does not SAY anything.

Natural Selection is the explanation (this is what a theory is, an explanation) of evolution.

That out of the way, species evolve due to stimulus in the environment. A species that is well adapted will experience little, if any, change over time. This is why alligators, crocs and turtles haven't evolved much. They look nearly identical to their ancestors from millions of years ago, and this is due to them being well suited to the environments they inhabit.

An animal that is not well suited to the environment will usually die off completely. These creatures can have offspring that might have a mutation that allows them to jump a little higher or run a little faster. If these mutations prove to be successful in allowing it to survive, they will pass down these genetics to their offspring, and so on.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Again, evolution is an observed phenomena of reality, in much the same way that "things fall down" is an observation. It does not SAY anything.

Natural Selection is the explanation (this is what a theory is, an explanation) of evolution.

That out of the way, species evolve due to stimulus in the environment. A species that is well adapted will experience little, if any, change over time. This is why alligators, crocs and turtles haven't evolved much. They look nearly identical to their ancestors from millions of years ago, and this is due to them being well suited to the environments they inhabit.

An animal that is not well suited to the environment will usually die off completely. These creatures can have offspring that might have a mutation that allows them to jump a little higher or run a little faster. If these mutations prove to be successful in allowing it to survive, they will pass down these genetics to their offspring, and so on.
Ok, yea, I get that, I'm more arguing that I don't think we have proof that creatures evolve into other creatures. Its a possibility, but its not something that is currently proven

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
It's called "Theory" of Evaluation for a reason. Its not an absolute fact of our origins. Science or religion, people just need to come to terms that we don't know.