The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
- he was angry based on the generalization that white people only want to live around + hire + work with white people. But generally speaking, people do tend to stick to their own kind... he would have no gripes w/blacks wanting to hire + work with + live with blacks. HEll he just said he does that on that UStream recording. :yeshrug:

But he does a lot of the shyt he is angry at all white folks for doing. He claims to be impartial and when hes calm he will throw in his "b-b-but theres exceptions to every rule" caveats. But when he gets angry/charged up (like he was on this show) all that shyt goes out the window. He has a preconceived notion of certain groups of people, and seeks out evidence to back that claim up (just like the dude who called in). I was pretty disappointed.

So am I wrong to conclude that you believe that Nasheed is contradicting himself when analyzing white and black behavior?

You hinted at the "contradiction" between the Nasheed having problems with the "generalization" that whites want to live around + hire + work with white people, but his acceptance of Black folks doing the same thing

So that's why I made sure to provide perspective to your suggestion of him being hypocritical. He would be hypocritical if he co-signed/critiqued the actions of one group, but do the opposite for the same action done by another group, if both groups had equal access to political/economical/social and educational opportunities

But if one group is trying to implement the same action done by another group, in order to make up for the difference in wealth and opportunity, then how is that hypocritical?

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
I Was prolly the biggest Tariq fan here

Been listening to his podcast from the start

Even met him in person

I even use most of what he said as the basis for relationships in general

But

He kinda put me with all the race talk issues and deviated from what made him who he was

Now there's nothing wrong with speaking on race because that's whats important to him and there's only so much "mackin" advice you can give but idk that kind of put me off from what I was initially listening for

*im going to go and listen to his new shyt. I have his first 200/300 podcast all downloaded and listened to a million times*

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
LEMME TELL YA SUMTHIN, BROTHER! TARIQ NASHEED IS A CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND OF THE HULKSTER! BUT I HEARD A BLACK CALLER ASK THIS DUDE FOR ADVICE ON PICKING UP "WHITE bytchES" AND HE PROCEEDED TO LEND ADVICE FOR TWENTY MINUTES, BROTHER! THEN A WHITE CALLER ASKED HIM HOW TO MEET SOME "BLACK bytchES" AND HE GOT EMOTIONAL, DUDE! HE TOLD THE KID TO GO DOWN TO THE HOOD AND BASICALLY ASK THE FIRST BLACK MAN HE SEES TO BEAT HIS ASS, BROTHER!

AND ANYBODY NAMED "KING FLEX" IS ON SOME ED LESLIE shyt, BROTHER!

BWAHAHAHAHAH

I remember that but you missed an importan fact in that

The white dude asked in a rude manner he said "how do I get black bytches"..

I remember that one exactly because dude was from Ohio and Tariq was naming some hood for him to go to.

If the guy would have asked "how do I increase my chances with black women" he would've gotten a better response

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
So am I wrong to conclude that you believe that Nasheed is contradicting himself when analyzing white and black behavior?

You hinted at the "contradiction" between the Nasheed having problems with the "generalization" that whites want to live around + hire + work with white people, but his acceptance of Black folks doing the same thing

So that's why I made sure to provide perspective to your suggestion of him being hypocritical. He would be hypocritical if he co-signed/critiqued the actions of one group, but do the opposite for the same action done by another group, if both groups had equal access to political/economical/social and educational opportunities

But if one group is trying to implement the same action done by another group, in order to make up for the difference in wealth and opportunity, then how is that hypocritical?
I guess the bolded is where we somewhat disagree, although I don't really

TN seemed to have a gripe that white people had a natural inclination to want to be around and help other white people first, which is just a human condition that isn't unique to any race or group... you go to Subway restaurants in the city, one might have all Indian immigrants, another might have all Salvadorian immigrants, etc... people stick to and look out for their own kind. And in many ways, even with AA in place, its hard to really prevent that. If two candidates are equally qualified, w/o employers disclosing the qualifications, race, gender etc of everyone they interview and hire, you can't really prevent people acting on preferences. But thats a digression.

My point really is, I think there was a lot of malice and hatred in the discrimination that lead up to the CRA that has majorly fizzled out. But TN is still within the mindstate that the mindstate is just like the pre CRA days, which I disagree with. And his "evidence" is largely based on shyt he largely pulls out of his ass to feed into his own confirmation bias. Like Liggins said, that dude who called was pretty much trolling and not built to go up against TN, but if he ever gets tangled w/someone w/half a brain he is going to have to do his homework.

And its really sad that folks who even question dude are written off as "white sympathizers". If folks dont think for themselves, they will get bamboozled. Like I said I think dude is doing a lot of and preaching a lot of shyt nikkas need to hear. I already said on the old board his use of codewords like "Macking" and "dimes" and shyt are just buzzwords to get dudes to listen, and I respect + understand that. But that doesn't mean I have to agree w/everything dude says.

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess the bolded is where we somewhat disagree, although I don't really

TN seemed to have a gripe that white people had a natural inclination to want to be around and help other white people first, which is just a human condition that isn't unique to any race or group... you go to Subway restaurants in the city, one might have all Indian immigrants, another might have all Salvadorian immigrants, etc... people stick to and look out for their own kind. And in many ways, even with AA in place, its hard to really prevent that. If two candidates are equally qualified, w/o employers disclosing the qualifications, race, gender etc of everyone they interview and hire, you can't really prevent people acting on preferences. But thats a digression.

My point really is, I think there was a lot of malice and hatred in the discrimination that lead up to the CRA that has majorly fizzled out. But TN is still within the mindstate that the mindstate is just like the pre CRA days, which I disagree with. And his "evidence" is largely based on shyt he largely pulls out of his ass to feed into his own confirmation bias. Like Liggins said, that dude who called was pretty much trolling and not built to go up against TN, but if he ever gets tangled w/someone w/half a brain he is going to have to do his homework.

And its really sad that folks who even question dude are written off as "white sympathizers". If folks dont think for themselves, they will get bamboozled. Like I said I think dude is doing a lot of and preaching a lot of shyt nikkas need to hear. I already said on the old board his use of codewords like "Macking" and "dimes" and shyt are just buzzwords to get dudes to listen, and I respect + understand that. But that doesn't mean I have to agree w/everything dude says.

You are the perfect example of what Tariq Nasheed is talking about.

Lil Wango

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LA
The nikka be droppin some jewels, u just gotta pick yo spots as with anybody. nikka helped me bone a 9 piece like 10 years ago after giving me direct advice.:smugfavre:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Im listening to that show where he was debating the white dude.
Yea, Tariq is a little paranoid...dude is on that old school Isis Papers line of thinking...I understand it, but some brothas take it too far.