The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Tariq's a cool dude, I wish I had more time to listen to his stuff. I'm mostly fukking with Sarge,Girlwriteswhat and Barbarossaaaa though.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
I didn't listen to the whole show so I might have missed him explaining things. He was on point with a few things (separating RACE issues from CLASS issues)

- there not being any poor Asians (that was a stupid suggestion by that dude)
- the distinction between class issues and race issues

but here were some of the biggies I remember

- he blew off the very important point about %ages in the discussion of welfare
- he kept arguing against white people making generalizations, but damn near every gripe he had against non-blacks were gross generalizations
- he was angry based on the generalization that white people only want to live around + hire + work with white people. But generally speaking, people do tend to stick to their own kind... he would have no gripes w/blacks wanting to hire + work with + live with blacks. HEll he just said he does that on that UStream recording. :yeshrug:

And he cut that dude off plenty of times

Maybe racist wasn't the right word cause I know how sensitive people are to it and have different definitions. But he does a lot of the shyt he is angry at all white folks for doing. He claims to be impartial and when hes calm he will throw in his "b-b-but theres exceptions to every rule" caveats. But when he gets angry/charged up (like he was on this show) all that shyt goes out the window. He has a preconceived notion of certain groups of people, and seeks out evidence to back that claim up (just like the dude who called in). I was pretty disappointed.

Yea he loves to do that shyt in debates.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
he's a dirtbag nonetheless. Why does feeling :wrist: triumph over FACT, when dealing with Black people? :rolleyes:

who your referring to?
and if your stating that im catching feeling over sabir bey then your wrong there an error in the film (minuscule) and honestly sabir bey has enough knowledge to correct it but he didnt...i heard all about the situation and i think sabir should took it upon himself to make his own dvd its a bad look on his part period

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I didn't listen to the whole show so I might have missed him explaining things. He was on point with a few things (separating RACE issues from CLASS issues)

- he kept arguing against white people making generalizations, but damn near every gripe he had against non-blacks were gross generalizations
- he was angry based on the generalization that white people only want to live around + hire + work with white people. But generally speaking, people do tend to stick to their own kind... he would have no gripes w/blacks wanting to hire + work with + live with blacks. HEll he just said he does that on that UStream recording. :yeshrug:

Maybe racist wasn't the right word cause I know how sensitive people are to it and have different definitions. But he does a lot of the shyt he is angry at all white folks for doing. He claims to be impartial and when hes calm he will throw in his "b-b-but theres exceptions to every rule" caveats. But when he gets angry/charged up (like he was on this show) all that shyt goes out the window. He has a preconceived notion of certain groups of people, and seeks out evidence to back that claim up (just like the dude who called in). I was pretty disappointed.

:ehh: Fair assessment

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps

Confirmation Bias. Everyone does that to a certain a degree, the point is if you can catch yourself or someone can catch you doing that when you discuss/debate people. He's knowledgeable in some areas but your post pointed out his flaws pretty well.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think the point that he missed when talking to the white dude was that 20 to 30 years ago there wasn't a guarentee that he would get the job or scholarship or whatever he was applying for anyway. Thats what kills me about people who get upset about "affirmative action". Before, instead of 100 white guys being looked at for 10 positions, now 95 white guys and 5 black guys are being looked (for the sake of argument). Instead of being mad that's he's not one of the 95 whites, he's bytching about the 5 blacks who took a spot that was never his to begin with.
Patrice O'Neal once said on Opie and Anthony that it always makes him laugh when white people assume theyre "the man" that blacks complain about. The truth is that white people are just as duped by this notion of race as any minority. Like Tariq said, polish, Italians and other Europeans were considered "white" in order to stop them from realizing how rigged the game is. Youve got white people working at home depot who are defending "the man" as if they're in a better predicament. (ala the entire republican party)

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Republican or democrat it doesnt matter. Republicans let corporations run shyt. Democrats let government run shyt. The families that run the world own these corporations so :yeshrug:

Hulk Hogan

THE HULKSTER BROTHER
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, Brother
LEMME TELL YA SUMTHIN, BROTHER! TARIQ NASHEED IS A CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND OF THE HULKSTER! BUT I HEARD A BLACK CALLER ASK THIS DUDE FOR ADVICE ON PICKING UP "WHITE bytchES" AND HE PROCEEDED TO LEND ADVICE FOR TWENTY MINUTES, BROTHER! THEN A WHITE CALLER ASKED HIM HOW TO MEET SOME "BLACK bytchES" AND HE GOT EMOTIONAL, DUDE! HE TOLD THE KID TO GO DOWN TO THE HOOD AND BASICALLY ASK THE FIRST BLACK MAN HE SEES TO BEAT HIS ASS, BROTHER!

AND ANYBODY NAMED "KING FLEX" IS ON SOME ED LESLIE shyt, BROTHER!

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
LEMME TELL YA SUMTHIN, BROTHER! TARIQ NASHEED IS A CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND OF THE HULKSTER! BUT I HEARD A BLACK CALLER ASK THIS DUDE FOR ADVICE ON PICKING UP "WHITE bytchES" AND HE PROCEEDED TO LEND ADVICE FOR TWENTY MINUTES, BROTHER! THEN A WHITE CALLER ASKED HIM HOW TO MEET SOME "BLACK bytchES" AND HE GOT EMOTIONAL, DUDE! HE TOLD THE KID TO GO DOWN TO THE HOOD AND BASICALLY ASK THE FIRST BLACK MAN HE SEES TO BEAT HIS ASS, BROTHER!

Explain on this :wtf:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps

I don't remember that. Link?

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

I remember that episode and that white caller was trolling.