The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Not at all, actually. I'm in Harlem and we'd like to limit the money we put into other communities. Unfortunately, I can't find an ADOS-owned business. The bulk were killed by Clinton's 'empowerment zones' just prior to gentrification. (see: Trump's "opportunity zones" to see the same hustle from a Rep)

This is just gonna come down to where you live. Fortunately I can find a black owned beauty store in Baltimore with ease. Same with PG county (I'll hit this spot up since its close to work black owned hair stores in maryland - Google Search)

I don't Asian food cuz it's packed with carbs so just off that I don't do business with Asians.

I may get gas from akmeds station but I take solace in the fact that they don't make a profit on gas sales so therthat's cool. And I don't eat Indian food so that's a wrap. My best friend owns a bar in Baltimore so I do my drinking there. And when I'm in DC you'll find me at "Ben's next door" , another black owned bar with a lot of foot traffic.

All in all, I can surround myself with my own and I actually do.

White racism, like I said, is working at the state level and I can't get away from that.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This is just gonna come down to where you live. Fortunately I can find a black owned beauty store in Baltimore with ease. Same with PG county (I'll hit this spot up since its close to work black owned hair stores in maryland - Google Search)
Harlem is not like PG County. We're more representative of the big city negroes, Chicago, LA, etc. But we're different in that we have the highest black immigration. There are black-owned businesses all around here, they just ain't ADOS. :usure:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Harlem is not like PG County. We're more representative of the big city negroes, Chicago, LA, etc. But we're different in that we have the highest black immigration. There are black-owned businesses all around here, they just ain't ADOS. :usure:

As I was typing that out I was realizing how fortunate we are in the Baltimore and DC metro areas :francis:.

My perspective is mad skewed. I do see your point

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Why is that?
I think it has to do with when we got here. NYC has always had a black community, since the 1600's. But they were concentrated in lower Manhattan and then, after the Draft Riots, Brooklyn. Harlem Negroes are a late phenomenon. My grandparents came up here after WWII, they met at the Savoy. My man, otoh, is from Bk and his people been here longer. They had more time to accrue property. We got here, got settled, had kids, my mom's gen were the adults during crack, and here we are. :francis:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I think it has to do with when we got here. NYC has always had a black community, since the 1600's. But they were concentrated in lower Manhattan and then, after the Draft Riots, Brooklyn. Harlem Negroes are a late phenomenon. My grandparents came up here after WWII, they met at the Savoy. My man, otoh, is from Bk and his people been here longer. They had more time to accrue property. We got here, got settled, had kids, my mom's gen were the adults during crack, and here we are. :francis:

Ohhhhh. I misread. I thought you mean PG County had black-owned businesses that weren't ADOS. My bad.

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
Those comments :picard:

Pharoah Monk
1 hour ago
Round their illegal asses up, and ship them C.O.D. back to Cuba, Haiti, Central America, South America, Asia, the Middle East, and where in the hell ever else they come from.

Amazon Prime
2 hours ago
This is for you hating ass black immigrants too! You keep talking shyt, I will call ice on you & your whole family. I don't care about your skin being black, that's irrelevant in my eyes at this point.

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
Joy Reid’s hating ass got Tariq and Yvette in Twitter jail. I think Yvette just started tweeting again