The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I agree.

If you asked that to Tariq, he'd get mad as fukk. When he was asked why did Dr Dre give all that money to USC, Tariq went in on a caller again, it was a valid question.

He is not going to bite a hand that could feed him.
tariq is using race as a hustle.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
what sterling said about blacks not having a community is valid, that's not laughing at anyones misfortune. you're treating a bunch of guys that know better like they're ignorant and incompetent.
What Sterling said wasn't valid because he didn't mention his system's role in black self hate and us not having a united cohesive community. The disenfranchisement and lack of unity in our community isn't the fault of black celebrities. White supremacists love pointing out the results of their oppressive system without actually acknowledging the system.

You said something about not feeling sympathy for athletes who go broke shortly after they retire. Well I'm sure that they don't feel sympathy for you being a nobody ass Internet dude whining about how they won't come and save you. So you and the black athlete who doesn't "give back" are even. You aren't any better.

yeah, man, all of this is in an effort to just bring down other blacks. :rudy:
When you try and turn a discussion about solutions to issues concerning the black community into a conversation about what rich black celebrities should do with their money you're trying to bring down other blacks. It's a lazy divisive mentality. Stop pointing the finger and look in the mirror. Worry about your role in solving the issues instead of trying to deflect on other blacks.

good god you idiots are uninformed. these same nikkas you're defending looks down on lower class blacks heavier than most. talking bout a high horse, the real high horse is nikkas who think they're too good to reach back because those in the hood are undeserving.
I'm not exchanging with some rich black celebrity who looks down on lower class blacks who he/she feels is undeserving. I'm exchanging with an assumed lower class black who thinks that the solutions to the issues he's facing starts with rich blacks swooping in to save the day. If I were talking to the kind of rich black celebrity that you've described then I'd call that person out too. My point here is that you're not in a position to judge anyone else. You say that black celebrities should invest in the black community and I say that black people in the black community should start investing in the black community. Again, you want black celebrities to make sacrifices that you not the people around you are willing to make.

this is a deflection. you, tariq, and most of the people in this thread know damn well most blacks dont have the kinda money to start a business tomorrow. how many of you have friends right now in a position to put up 25,000 dollars to help start a small business? this is not about individuals, as individuals, blacks are fine. this is about blacks as a collective trying to establish NETWORKS. that's how you build a real economic base for your children and grand children.
You're absolutely right. I'm deflecting from your deflection. When people are trying to haw a conversation about how blacks are going to solve the problems plaguing our community and people like you start talking about what this and that rich black entertainer should do that's just a deflection. It's not a real solution.

You're ignorant my man. If doesn't take $25k to start a business bruh. It's obvious that you're just sitting on your ass. Yes, get off of your ass/the Internet get out here and start establishing some connections with other black people trying to do the same instead of waiting on Puffy to reach back and provide you with an opportunity.

with that being said, why do those in the position capitalize off all that black wealth let it go to non-blacks? once again, most of these guy go broke within 5 yr of retirement. that wouldn't happen if they established businesses within black neighborhoods.
Maybe you're right but when these entertainers or whatever go broke then that's on them though. What are we everyday blacks going to do about our communities though? Your town's black celebrity starting a business there isn't going to change the mentality that's the reason for there not being any black businesses there in the 1st place. We have to adjust our mentality as a people. You're prescribing a band-aid for a brain injury.

i've probably donated more to charity than you make in a year, breh. but i'm not a multi-millionaire in a position to create gainful employment for others. most blacks still dont even understand most of our problems come from lack of money.
:heh: "I don't have $25k to just start a small business". Judging by ignorant comments like that and your outrageous post count I wonder if you even have a job. I suspect you're still at moms probably eating cereal or some shyt right now. I'll entertain you anyway though. What charities invest in black communities? These black celebrities that you're up here whining about give to plenty of charities bruh. I thought that you were all about investing in the black community? If you got all of this money to give to "charities"(more money than I make in a year so you say) then why haven't you started any businesses in your community? Why not take all of that charity money and invest on other black businesses? You're proving my point. You don't really give a fukk you're just a crab.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What Sterling said wasn't valid because he didn't mention his system's role in black self hate and us not having a united cohesive community. The disenfranchisement and lack of unity in our community isn't the fault of black celebrities. White supremacists love pointing out the results of their oppressive system without actually acknowledging the system.

whether sterling mentions his groups hand in our lack of community or not, his original statement is completely valid, we dont have a REAL community.

You said something about not feeling sympathy for athletes who go broke shortly after they retire. Well I'm sure that they don't feel sympathy for you being a nobody ass Internet dude whining about how they won't come and save you. So you and the black athlete who doesn't "give back" are even. You aren't any better.

aint nobody asking for be saved, this is another strawman argument.

When you try and turn a discussion about solutions to issues concerning the black community into a conversation about what rich black celebrities should do with their money you're trying to bring down other blacks. It's a lazy divisive mentality. Stop pointing the finger and look in the mirror. Worry about your role in solving the issues instead of trying to deflect on other blacks.

the conversation wasn't about solutions though, it was about ti and mayweather, sterling, mark cuban and elliot rodger -- and i'm not the 1 who steered the conversation towards rich blacks, the guy who called tariq last night was.

I'm not exchanging with some rich black celebrity who looks down on lower class blacks who he/she feels is undeserving. I'm exchanging with an assumed lower class black who thinks that the solutions to the issues he's facing starts with rich blacks swooping in to save the day. If I were talking to the kind of rich black celebrity that you've described then I'd call that person out too. My point here is that you're not in a position to judge anyone else. You say that black celebrities should invest in the black community and I say that black people in the black community should start investing in the black community. Again, you want black celebrities to make sacrifices that you not the people around you are willing to make.

yeah, meanwhile, im a homeowner in 1 of the most affluent black communities in the US. like #2 or something :heh: and show me where i've said rich blacks should come "swooping in and saving the day"

protip: you cant.

You're absolutely right. I'm deflecting from your deflection. When people are trying to haw a conversation about how blacks are going to solve the problems plaguing our community and people like you start talking about what this and that rich black entertainer should do that's just a deflection. It's not a real solution.

You're ignorant my man. If doesn't take $25k to start a business bruh. It's obvious that you're just sitting on your ass. Yes, get off of your ass/the Internet get out here and start establishing some connections with other black people trying to do the same instead of waiting on Puffy to reach back and provide you with an opportunity.

i've given quite a few solutions and none of them involve rich celebs giving back. but there's nothing wrong with asking why blacks get money and feel the need to flee from black communities, this is a valid question. how come tariq only talks about group economics right before begging nikkas for donations? that's a better question.

yeah, it can often take more much more than 25k to start a successful business. i don't know what type of businesses you think can be started on the cheap.

Maybe you're right but when these entertainers or whatever go broke then that's on them though. What are we everyday blacks going to do about our communities though? Your town's black celebrity starting a business there isn't going to change the mentality that's the reason for there not being any black businesses there in the 1st place. We have to adjust our mentality as a people. You're prescribing a band-aid for a brain injury.

here we go with the bullshyt rhetoric, its not about the money, our minds are so fukked up, right? :heh: the mentality of blacks caught in poverty isn't going to change for the better w/o some type of economic alternative. all the social ills we see in black neighborhoods is a direct result of extreme prolonged exposure to poverty.

:heh: "I don't have $25k to just start a small business".

breh when you have to lie to make your argument, its not a very good one. this is what i said

how many of you have friends right now in a position to put up 25,000 dollars to help start a small business? this is not about individuals, as individuals, blacks are fine.
which btw, you didn't answer because i bet most of your friends cant rub two nickles together

Judging by ignorant comments like that and your outrageous post count I wonder if you even have a job. I suspect you're still at moms probably eating cereal or some shyt right now.

would you put your account on it? :mjpls:

I'll entertain you anyway though. What charities invest in black communities? These black celebrities that you're up here whining about give to plenty of charities bruh. I thought that you were all about investing in the black community? If you got all of this money to give to "charities"(more money than I make in a year so you say) then why haven't you started any businesses in your community? Why not take all of that charity money and invest on other black businesses? You're proving my point. You don't really give a fukk you're just a crab.

whats the point of listing charities i donate to when you've already presented your counter argument? i, just like the vast majority of you, are not in the position to give gainful employment to another person. i can only support black businesses and try to get black folks to see our problem arent mental, it isn't spiritual, it isn't black women, it isn't even white racism, because if blacks had their own economic base, a lot of what these cacs say and do wouldn't affect our community. but its about the money, business ownership, and networks to provide opportunity.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
White men have a (unreasonable) fear of black men getting white women.

This was probably a part of his psychosis but this guy had a lot of stuff going on it seems.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Hey bro, you mind teaching us how to do this? Kind of like a 'teach a man to fish' sort of thing, I hate ask you to put the effort all the time.

I got a program off a torrent that allowed me to convert video to audio. It was Aiseesoft Audio Converter. To edit the audio file you can use Audacity which is free.

It's not a problem for me to make the audio since I do it every week for the ustream shows.

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the problem i have with talking about the black communitys issues is how everyone fails to include black women.

its like, "black man this, black man that".....yall know we got issues to right? LMAO.

and to go off of that "black graduates not being employed" thing....first of all most black dudes dont even make it to college....black women do....so really its black women being screwed here.

correct me if im wrong.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
the problem i have with talking about the black communitys issues is how everyone fails to include black women.

its like, "black man this, black man that".....yall know we got issues to right? LMAO.

and to go off of that "black graduates not being employed" thing....first of all most black dudes dont even make it to college....black women do....so really its black women being screwed here.

correct me if im wrong.

No. There are many black men who make it to college and for all the races there are more women in college. And black women are getting hired before we do when they decide to give a black person a job.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps

correct me if im wrong.

That isn't true. Where in this thread are people specifically talking about Black men?? Have you listened to Tariq's shows, he talks about Black men & Black women.

Also some Black women buy into this Black feminist mindset of woman first, black second.

TwoTecs

Pro
Supporter
Daps
dusty plates soulfood :dead:

he aint have to do ol boy like that :pachaha:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
all I'm going to say regarding my disagreement with Tariq & how @marcuz is right is that...when you are trying to battle something as vast as White Supremacy you need all hands on deck & that includes money from successful Black Folks