The Tariq Nasheed Thread

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Man this nikka Sabir is a rambler

Tariq should have him call into the show on the next EP... let him clear the air :lolbron:

I kinda agree with the point he was making though.
If spreading the knowledge is his ultimate goal, why trip over money :yeshrug:

Tariq got 50k + in funding, and now sabir is saying NOBODY that appears in the film got paid :skip:

That show would be entertaining though :lolbron:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
If knowledge is free, why was Sabir selling copies of Hidden Colors... and does he give away his work :beli: (not at you, at Sabir)

I generally don't go for Tariq's pay per view nonsense, but I would def pay good money to hear him... *ahem* have a "man-to-man" with Sabir over their misunderstandings. That would be one for the archives.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I'm not saying knowledge should be free. We know colleges are for profit.

But I understand their point of "we are in a community together why pull each other down" I get where tariq is coming from on the business side too. That allegation that nobody got paid is pretty serious though.

Something that's funny though is that the story about sabir being a deadbeat matches what Carter G said above

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
I have never paid of a Tariq book, but I have Play or be Played on PDF.....:youngsabo:
I did donate $20 to HC2. :youngsabo:
I did buy HC1 from Amazon twice (lost a copy @ a pawg's housparty) :to:.
I did buy Tariq Elite cologne once (not strong enough imo, but I liked the scent) :birdman:
I have NEVER BOUGHT a PPV specials, but I got HALF of one for free :youngsabo:
I have heard 95% of his podcasts since 2005 too.....
Father was very present in my life as well....:youngsabo:

STANNING? In need of self-esteem?
Let's ask the haters.....:whoo:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I have supported Tariq downloading podcast, purchasing PPV, DVDs, etc...

but really realize the game is deep. ||

real deep.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm not saying knowledge should be free. We know colleges are for profit.

But I understand their point of "we are in a community together why pull each other down" I get where tariq is coming from on the business side too. That allegation that nobody got paid is pretty serious though.

Something that's funny though is that the story about sabir being a deadbeat matches what Carter G said above

Most the people from HC1 were in HC2 though. If no one got paid, why did they come back to film again, and why haven't ANYONE else complained about not getting paid?

Plus Sabir hustles his movies and books and shyt. If someone started selling bootleg copies of his work, dude would be pissed as well.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Most the people from HC1 were in HC2 though. If no one got paid, why did they come back to film again, and why haven't ANYONE else complained about not getting paid?

Plus Sabir hustles his movies and books and shyt. If someone started selling bootleg copies of his work, dude would be pissed as well.

sounds to me like he didnt get paid, and he's fishing to see if anyone else did :yeshrug:

As far as the bolded, in the video I posted they said its an honor in the "conscious community" to have a lot of people selling your stuff, and that its part of the game.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
sounds to me like he didnt get paid, and he's fishing to see if anyone else did :yeshrug:

As far as the bolded, in the video I posted they said its an honor in the "conscious community" to have a lot of people selling your stuff, and that its part of the game.

I listened to the interview, and I call bullshyt on that. You think if someone who worked on the Noble Drew Ali doc that Sabir did, got an early copy, and started selling it to make a profit, Sabir would be like "It's all good playa, it's all about the community :jawalrus:"?

And if the ultimate goal is to get the info out for free, why the fukk would you even charge for it to begin with? It's 2012, post a link on your Facebook page for a free download, post the documentary on Youtube, and let the info circulate.

And on top of that, why would these same dudes then charge for their speaking engagements, if all the info is for free? The reality is, it's not. This is how these guys make a living, and that's how they eat. Dude is just using that as an excuse to justify him stealing someone else's work.