The Tariq Nasheed Thread

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
:deadrose::dead: u hating on a nikka u really don’t even know about :mjlol::russ:

You think I don’t know he did the Wash yo ass album and that he tried becoming a rapper but failed ?

I’m asking you if he cares at all about hip hop like you’re portraying it. Oh he wanna spread the truth ?

I swear I need to find a way to be a scammer 🤣

shyt way too easy

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
His mansion in Malibu isn't going to pay for itself,yes indeed, family:mjgrin:

That’s all it’s about. Negga trynna make money and we have looneys in here talking about Tariq wanna spread truth ? ☠️☠️☠️

Next documentary will be about another trendy topic and those neggas will donate talking about Tariq really delivers

Like I say I need to get into sales for real

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He deserves to continue to run that bag up.

You gotta be several levels of fukking stupid to not see the grift.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
:whoa:

chill with the Herc slander shyt

to his credit, he’s always said the godfather of hip-hop is James Brown, and all of that Caribbean/West Indian/Jamaican shyt doesn’t come from him.

The only criticism I give of him is his lack of knowledge meant of DJ king Mario who proceeds him and unfortunately he passed away in the early 90s and him , Bam and Flash seem to not acknowledge as the beginner
That's the thing. Dude immigrated here as a kid and won't admit that he doesn't know about sound systems origins or toasting origin. He assumes it all jamaican. Saying that James brown is the father is very value. They need to be specific. It's the same way Puerto Ricans claim that they invented
Break dancing while leaving out the fact that they watched black American kids popping and looking. The lockers came up with a lot of the popping and looking. Also a lot of the dances are just swing dances as well.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
That's the thing. Dude immigrated here as a kid and won't admit that he doesn't know about sound systems origins or toasting origin. He assumes it all jamaican. Saying that James brown is the father is very value. They need to be specific. It's the same way Puerto Ricans claim that they invented
Break dancing while leaving out the fact that they watched black American kids popping and looking. The lockers came up with a lot of the popping and looking. Also a lot of the dances are just swing dances as well.
You want some immigrant kid to be an autority on Cultural history?

Ask the average ADOS bronx resident about Bronx rap in the 80's and I guarantee they couldn't tell you.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Ive been saying the same thing. I’m too young to know the origins of hip hop but from my perspective, immigrants in the diaspora migrated to the United States and adopted black American culture and now people are trying to accredit their contributions to hip-hop to their home culture not realizing that although a person may be from country, when they migrate to another country often times they will leave their home culture behind and adopt the culture in their present home.

So it’s not completely accurate to say “Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans pioneered hip hop” They may have been Jamaican and Puerto Rican nationality-wise but culturally they assimilated into African-American culture.

My question is are they contributing by combing two separate cultures or are they contributing by adopting and creating within an already existing culture? Did they bring elements of hip-hop from their home culture or did they simply assimilate into black American culture?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Ive been saying the same thing. I’m too young to know the origins of hip hop but from my perspective, immigrants in the diaspora migrated to the United States and adopted black American culture and now people are trying to accredit their contributions to hip-hop to their home culture not realizing that although a person may be from country, when they migrate to another country often times they will leave their home culture behind and adopt the culture in their present home.

So it’s not completely accurate to say “Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans pioneered hip hop” They may have been Jamaican and Puerto Rican nationality-wise but culturally they assimilated into African-American culture.

My question is are they contributing by combing two separate cultures or are they contributing by adopting and creating within an already existing culture? Did they bring elements of hip-hop from their home culture or did they simply assimilate into black American culture?
the answerto the question is both but the same could be said for Rocksteady Reggae and Dancehall. on both sides nikkas borrowed and added to shyt.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

the answerto the question is both but the same could be said for Rocksteady Reggae and Dancehall. on both sides nikkas borrowed and added to shyt.
kool herc himself already answered this question. The answer is the bolded