Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Who said that?:childplease:

1970s+Gangs+of+New+York+11K+gang+members%2C+70%25+Puerto+Rican.jpg

The only Gangs with DIRECT ties to HipHop are The Black Spades

and the Peacemakers

Skulls and Nomads have nothing to do with early HipHop:mjpls:

Man I'd have to dig it up but it was a doc about Bronx gangs in the 70's they skirted the issue of them having beef with the Spades as being a Black vs. PR thing and they said they used to throw parties and I forgot how the chick being interviewed put it exactly but she said Hip_hop as those Skull parties was were Rap was created, Granted as Disco died out Hip-Hop probably started being played but low key the Skulls didn't fukk with Black people like that.

Even I lived in the Bronx there were Latin Kings and they didn't fukk with non hispanic Black people but they didn't green light Black people they way Essays in LA do.

It was the same insinuation during the blackout of '77 where they said all those turntables and records were stolen and that created Hip=Hop or at least scratching. Grand Wizard Theodore ADOS ( I think) ( who claimed to create scraching said he got his equipment off of gang nikkas selling records ( he didn't say which gang though)

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
we cool & all

and I completely understand how Tariq divisiveness can affect the community in a really negative way,
but with that said, this is completely bigger than Tariq , this is about the truth of the culture we all was born into & currently live by

Do you think Yariq cares about what you just typed ? What do you think the end goal is for Tariq in this ?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
There we go, you explaining it better than me.

So please tell these gentleman that Kool Herc, Biggie, Busta, Q Tip and whoever else who were born in America or live American culture

They are viewed as "Yankee" or as you said Gringo.
it is not a negative.
Yankee simply means American, or to be specific Blk American

And those from the places their parents from, view them as American.

And as much as folks think Busta is speaking patois when he tries, most Jamaicans would STILL say he sound like a Yankee.
Yes anyone who's been around a bunch of 5th Gen immigrants know that they don't know shyt about their culture

This is a girl from Buenaventura Colombia

She sounds like she's from H-Town because that's where she grew up.

I called her once and she was watching The Game Not a futbol game but a NFL game.

No disrespect to her but I never met a young person from another country who moved back on their own so I don't even have to ask what happened.

But the whole shyt is wierd nikkas have diaspora wars while eating chinese take out.

Culture is not created in a vacuum and people don't have solely monoracial relationships.

Tariq named his group Mink Slide and literally overcharged nikkas for what they did to the Cold Crush ( or the orignical Mink Slide in his case) and rightfully told nikkas hating on his immigrant white homie to suck a dikk.

Just like any and every Black person has several non ADOS friends that they'd crash against a random ADOS for.

The whole shyt is goofy.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Man I'd have to dig it up but it was a doc about Bronx gangs in the 70's they skirted the issue of them having beef with the Spades as being a Black vs. PR thing and they said they used to throw parties and I forgot how the chick being interviewed put it exactly but she said Hip_hop as those Skull parties was were Rap was created, Granted as Disco died out Hip-Hop probably started being played but low key the Skulls didn't fukk with Black people like that.

Even I lived in the Bronx there were Latin Kings and they didn't fukk with non hispanic Black people but they didn't green light Black people they way Essays in LA do.

It was the same insinuation during the blackout of '77 where they said all those turntables and records were stolen and that created Hip=Hop or at least scratching. Grand Wizard Theodore ADOS ( I think) ( who claimed to create scraching said he got his equipment off of gang nikkas selling records ( he didn't say which gang though)

I think you're talking about the Ghetto Brothers. They threw live music Jams...what they did, didn't have anything to do with HipHop though

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I think you're talking about the Ghetto Brothers. They threw live music Jams...what they did, didn't have anything to do with HipHop though
Yeah I don't remember the exact gang but yeah those street parties they played whatever was popular it could've been Good Times by Chic

I'm drawing a blank on the Hip-Hop song but you know what song I'm talking about but the point is that the nikka playing songs wouldn't be playing "hip -hop" It barely existed in the early 70's they would just be playing what was popular.

Herc for the most part just played extended breaks I think someone else started rapping over the breaks and he added MC's later or that came out after he stopped throwing parties.

But my knowledge on how it actually came out was limited.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
See that's the thing in New York everyone is all mixed up. That fukk immigrants plays well in Dothan Alabama ( well until J. Lo shows up and starts waving her ass around) but being in New York it's wierd nikkas next door neighbors be from other countries.

True Story I was dating this girl Named Missy In DC ( I went to a hood school where even the teachers called us by our nicknames) we went to the Fredrick Douglass Museum ( and remember he was biracial due to rape) and Missy signed the Book she wrote Latricia D... I looked at her and she said that's my real name turns out her Grandfather was a Dominican in the Negro Leagues started out with the Cuban X Giants and ended up playing for the Greys in DC and just stayed.

Again one Dominican Parent acted like and looked like a regular ADOS chick but I guess I was supposed to bush her because she is a tether.

I fukked the shyt out of her that night.
i don't understand why you dudes write this shyt like nobody in the South grew up with cats from out the country. I'm from Texas and grew up around plenty from the west indies and different parts of africa. nobody ever said fukk immigrants so you dudes need to stop lying, cause that's all it is.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Did you not watch the trailer showing the OGs he interviewed? How much more "involved in hip-hop" can you be than the originators?
:dwillhuh:

Are these people who have never spoken on the origins of Hip Hop?

In multiple previous docs?

I don't mean them. I mean K Flexible. Is not anyone I would listen to for their take on anything to do with Hip Hop.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Are these people who have never spoken on the origins of Hip Hop?

In multiple previous docs?

I don't mean them. I mean K Flexible. Is not anyone I would listen to for their take on anything to do with Hip Hop.
so if the doc makers dont invite them to speak its their fault somehow? schedules gotta line up, money gotta be right for some folks etc

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
so if the doc makers dont invite them to speak its their fault somehow? schedules gotta line up, money gotta be right for some folks etc

Not sure I was clear.

Have you heard Red Alert speak on Hip Hop before? Caz? Etc..?

Have they already told us the story of Hip Hop's beginnings? Have they all done so multiple times?

(Yes. Yes. Yes. And yes.)

Therefore, K Flexible is not needed to round them up again and use the result to online panhandle hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
i don't understand why you dudes write this shyt like nobody in the South grew up with cats from out the country. I'm from Texas and grew up around plenty from the west indies and different parts of africa. nobody ever said fukk immigrants so you dudes need to stop lying, cause that's all it is.
Then why the disapora wars? Again country nikkas ain't picking cotton who's doing that? Messicans so the idea that anyone is gonna stop anything especially some nikkas yelling on the internet is retarded.

All these 'Riq threds is stan wars no one ever tries to debate the actual topic it immediately goes to Look at the tethers hating.

Again lets not act like nikkas really give a fukk what Busy bee did back in '83 when nikkas don't give a fukk about what Nas did in '93 or what Jay-Z did in '03.

But if holmes wants to make a tape about How Grand Wizard Theodore invented turntablism that's fine but the fact that no rapper out even has a D.J. is ADOS people's fault for constantly abandoning their own culture for the next shiny new thing.

We seen this game before with the Blues some small hat is gonna get a cracker to revitalize turntablism and gonna make a zillion dollars off of being the best scratcher alive.

Jusl like small hat Vlad is supposed to be a D,J,

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not a Tariq defender, but I'm assuming he has to fly these guest in and put them up, no?
look man, and i'm not trying to trigger anyone here, but if you think tariq is putting in 100% of the donations he receives right back into his dvd's i got some magic beans to sell you. this the same dude who asked for a million dollars, got it, then turned around and opened up a mortgage, and pocketed the one mill.

:dead:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I don't remember the exact gang but yeah those street parties they played whatever was popular it could've been Good Times by Chic

I'm drawing a blank on the Hip-Hop song but you know what song I'm talking about but the point is that the nikka playing songs wouldn't be playing "hip -hop" It barely existed in the early 70's they would just be playing what was popular.

Herc for the most part just played extended breaks I think someone else started rapping over the breaks and he added MC's later or that came out after he stopped throwing parties.

But my knowledge on how it actually came out was limited.

Herc didn't actually extend breaks, this is that myth making I'm talking about. Most of the people that saw Herc back then said his sound system + his records are what made him dope but his djing skills were trash

Herc's biggest contribution was further curating the Funk playlist to/for what we now know as bboys. He didn't invent that (Dj John Brown--Dj Smokey--->Kool Herc) but he was visible in a neutral/safe zone (no real gangs where he lived) and many of the younger pioneers witnessed him this way

Herc is connected to bboys but he hhas nothing to do with "Rap(ping)"

Coke La Rock, his MC, did get on the mic

but he did NOT rap, he did unsyncopated talking/slick talking on the mic

Melle Mel elaborates on this

"Rap" is syncopated rhyming to a beat. This came from Harlem via DJ Hollywood

and then Eddie Cheeba!!!

Melle Mel speaks on it

Last edited: