The Tariq Nasheed Thread

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
Why y'all always say this dumb shyt?
1. He never said he was pro-trump
2. When has he ever not delivered on what he promised? This Tariq not Umar.
Do you have power of attorney over yourself or does your mom got it :skip:

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
You mean like an upscaler? Hmm, I'm not sure. Those looked like Midjourney pics.
He's gone crazy with midjourney in his Youtube thumbnails so I would be surprised if he plasters them all throughout the doc.
Old heads always spam a new piece of technology when they get their hands on it. :mjlol:
Midjourney is closed source so I have no idea what they are doing, but open source image generative models include two models: One to generate a completely new image from scratch and another to "refine" that generated image in order to remove artifacts or add in missing detail to the generated image (they call it "noise" in the base image).

Generated images have a ton of "errors" in them or lack detail in certain places so the job of the refiner is to correct that. But there's nothing stopping you from using a refiner on existing images. In this case, Tariq is probably using the refiner to touch up the images (since they're probably from the 70s-80s) without having to do it manually.

This is one of the more popular refiner models (3 million downloads last month alone): stabilityai/stable-diffusion-xl-refiner-1.0 · Hugging Face

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
That shyt is old.
Tariq already said that he didn't know the full origin on hip-hop until some people informed him about it

Lies.

These nikkas continue to cape for their grifting Zaddy in here.

Last edited:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Midjourney is closed source so I have no idea what they are doing, but open source image generative models include two models: One to generate a completely new image from scratch and another to "refine" that generated image in order to remove artifacts or add in missing detail to the generated image (they call it "noise" in the base image).

Generated images have a ton of "errors" in them or lack detail in certain places so the job of the refiner is to correct that. But there's nothing stopping you from using a refiner on existing images. In this case, Tariq is probably using the refiner to touch up the images (since they're probably from the 70s-80s) without having to do it manually.

This is one of the more popular refiner models (3 million downloads last month alone): stabilityai/stable-diffusion-xl-refiner-1.0 · Hugging Face
Midjourney creates new images from scratch from specific prompts. I've never heard of them "refining" old non-AI photographs unless that's a new option in newer versions. The only refining and upscaling it does is to images that it generates.
On some of those pics, there is a lack of detail in the backgrounds and people in the back.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Explain what, stupid coward, internet nerd fakkit? It's real clear. I said Black Americans started it but it has influences from different genres and cultures. How the fukk you don't understand that, dumb nikka? Did I post that in Swahili? You want me to explain it to you in person or nah?
Name the cultures and examples of hip hop in its “original” phase, gaining direct influence from them. Until then you’re just babbling don’t even believe the word’s coming out of your own mouth. There’s nothing to understand

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You the biggest Biggie stan on here, breh :dead: :dead: :dead:

The legend was Caribbean and so is many of the people from the town you trying to represent on here. Please don't play yourself and get caught up doing anti-Black shyt like these c00ns and cacs in here.

Breh, don't get caught up with this grifting Tariq shyt. Let me handle this for my fellow pro-Black people. You actually a dope poster. Don't make the town look bad by playing with these p*ssy ass, no life having cacs and c00ns.

we cool & all

and I completely understand how Tariq divisiveness can affect the community in a really negative way,
but with that said, this is completely bigger than Tariq , this is about the truth of the culture we all was born into & currently live by

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I'm pretty sure the story has been told.

And if I wanted to know more I'd rather hear from someone involved in Hip Hop.

I know K Flexible has a music career.. but I don't think he's any sort of authority.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
I'm pretty sure the story has been told.

And if I wanted to know more I'd rather hear from someone involved in Hip Hop.

I know K Flexible has a music career.. but I don't think he's any sort of authority.

Did you not watch the trailer showing the OGs he interviewed? How much more "involved in hip-hop" can you be than the originators?
:dwillhuh:

tay1

All Star
Daps
I don't like what Tariq has turned in to but this looks good.

The whole Jamaicans didn't start it angle has me worried a little but it does need to be said.

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg